Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Mers? *looks around*

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I started MMO gaming with Lord of the Rings Online back in 2007, in open beta, and still play it some (Arkenstone server). My main game is Age of Conan (Set server), which does have some underwater stuff, but no battles or anything. I also play Guild Wars 2 (Ehmry Bay server) and yes, their underwater stuff is pretty fantastic! I have tried Rift and Aion, but they didn't work for me. I HATE playing alone, so I have never gotten very far with RPGs. (Bought Dragon Age: Origins, but never got very far with it.) I have some friends who talked me into getting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead, but I am really lousy at them, I suspect they talked me into trying them mostly for the amusement value! Good to hear there are so many other gamers out there in mer-dom!

Quote Originally Posted by Drowning View Post
    Anyone play tabletop games?
    Hubby and I met during a WoD Larp. We do table top with our friends, as well. Looking to go to GenCon, next year, and bringing my tail. ;-)
    Nashoba - The Native American Mermaid's Facebook

Ka-Powell Entertainement

"The difference between a net that catches you and a hammock that cradles you is your perspective."
    -Nashoba

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    @Marlin it is an amazing series of games imo each with it's own good points

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I maybe an older mer but I play Call of duty 4 an battle field bad company 2, mine craft I wouldn't mind getting into another game as long as it is on pc.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MerAnthony View Post
    I maybe an older mer but I play Call of duty 4 an battle field bad company 2, mine craft I wouldn't mind getting into another game as long as it is on pc.
    YAY! I'm not the only mer who plays minecraft!
    Even mermaids need tech support.

Just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY edition. LOVE it sooooo much. Gotta get city before Origns comes out. I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption (also GOTY, so it has all up to date DLC), and I need to tie uo a few things in Fable III. I've finished Fable II, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zelda: Minish Cap and.... probably others.

GBC, GBA and DS are my handhelds of choice. Xbox 360, Game Cube, N64, and a few PC things arw my platforms of choice.

I love Spore, Zelda games, anything Free Roaming/ sandbox. I love the feel of an open world. Platformers are cool. I tend to stay away for FPS, except Left 4 Dead. Love that fame. Valve Rocks.

Uh.... yeah. Haha I wanna get into more indie horror PC games. That's it.

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    G33ks unite!

I used to roleplay (via text, I still think that way is best, haha!) on the Arwen-Undomiel forums.
    Now I largely play LOTRO, on the Laurelin Server (that's the English RP server). If any of you are there too, I'd love to meet and RP with ya!
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Add Marlin on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailani View Post
    Just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY edition. LOVE it sooooo much. Gotta get city before Origns comes out. I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption (also GOTY, so it has all up to date DLC), and I need to tie uo a few things in Fable III. I've finished Fable II, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zelda: Minish Cap and.... probably others.

GBC, GBA and DS are my handhelds of choice. Xbox 360, Game Cube, N64, and a few PC things arw my platforms of choice.

I love Spore, Zelda games, anything Free Roaming/ sandbox. I love the feel of an open world. Platformers are cool. I tend to stay away for FPS, except Left 4 Dead. Love that fame. Valve Rocks.

Uh.... yeah. Haha I wanna get into more indie horror PC games. That's it.

They arn't "indie" games but FEAR and Dead Space will scare the scales off you if you want to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    They arn't "indie" games but FEAR and Dead Space will scare the scales off you if you want to try them.
    I've heard of Dead Space being a good game and super creepy. My roommate said that FEAR is prety much a shooter game? I'd love to see a bit of game play, but I'm not big on first person shooters.

Also, checked out Alan Wake and it seems interesting. I'd like to play it.
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar

Gaming Mers? *looks around*

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syrena View Post
    I used to roleplay (via text, I still think that way is best, haha!) on the Arwen-Undomiel forums.
    My current online game, a 3.5e D&D adventure set beneath the surface of the sea, is a chat-based game run via IRC. The game I ran before that (also and underwater campaign) was a play-by-post.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    Dead space sounds interesting. I am replaying Bioshock 1&2 cause I get bored sometimes.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Add Marlin on Facebook
    FEAR is a first person shooter- so you might not really like it. but dead space was an amazing game. all 3 of them. I played it with noise cancelling headsets and the lights out (I'm super hard core... I know :P /sarcasm ) and it scared the carp outta me.

Elder Scrolls MMO

I play 360 the most but I also have a ps3, and a bunch of other consoles/handhelds.
    Now that Rockstar games is releasing GTA5 *I really hope they start working on Bully2*.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I finished filling out my first D&D Character sheet yesterday.
    @.@ it took forever.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

FEAR is a first person shooter- so you might not really like it. but dead space was an amazing game. all 3 of them. I played it with noise cancelling headsets and the lights out (I'm super hard core... I know :P /sarcasm ) and it scared the carp outta me.
    Oooo I really wanna play Dead Space!! But... I hear there are giant spiders. >< Me no likey spiders! MEEP! DX I want to play Amnesia. I have Slender cued up... I just haven't played yet. Maybe tomorrow night? >> I keep avoiding it.
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Gonna make som shameless advertising, for my two friends who has made a MERMAN iPhone game!
    It's free! \o/
    http://royalrailway.com/games/geisha-novia/

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Follow Mermaid Melusinah On Twitter Add Mermaid Melusinah on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Melusinah's Youtube Channel
    any one playing the new Final Fantasy XIV? yes yes? >_> I WILL BE!! once they fix the damn srver issues x_x

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Game Night!

In tonight’s session of “Heirs of Turucambi”, the party prepares for the coming day’s journey. Currently the adventurers swim within the Stolen Sea, a saltwater lake nestled atop a floating cloud island. Beneath Cloudsea, in the Azure Sea, the undersea fortress of Drawmidj awaits. Within its walls, the mechanatrix Jaenan has been imprisoned by devil rays.

“Heirs of Turucambi” is a mid-level 3.5e D&D game run via IRC on Sunday Nights (8pm-11pm Eastern).
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Who else is waiting for Sims 4? And assassins creed black flag?

I am quite big into gaming myself. I play a lot of old shooters, like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D. I do like some modern shooters, but not a whole lot. Believe me, I can rant for hours about those :P. As of now, I am really addicted to Payday 2.

Also, I watch a lot of Totalbiscuit... I like to be up to date on gaming controversies :P
    "Sanity is simply an excuse for lack of imagination."
    -Totalbiscuit, game critic