Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Mers? *looks around*

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I got my Beta Key for ESO!!

50gig to download... Looking forward to testing the game out!

So, searching for the Zora Queen theme to put in the Mermaid Music thread, I got nostalgia hooked and went listening to Zelda songs on YouTube, when I ran across this:

This lead me to remember something that I've only shared with a handful of people. Mostly becuase I was a pre-teen when this happened, and I knew people would think I was making it up. Or think I'm crazy, which you may think anyway, hah

So here's my strange little story:
    Over 10 years ago, I found a Zelda OoT soundtrack for sale on eBay. I HAD to have it, I paid like $35 for it, but I didn't even care that I overpaid because I wanted it so much! It had the Song of Storms as one of the tracks. Freaky part: whenever I would play this song, within 24 hours it would rain. I noticed it after a while, and was a little weirded, out but I knew logically it was just coincidence.
    But always within 24 hours.. all but when I went on vacation to the British Virgin Islands. I played it on repeat for hours and hours because it matched the rocking of the boats when we were sailing, has the feel like a sea shanty, and let's face it- it's catchy and sticks in your brain! Plus I had a limited amount of CDs I brought with me since we had a crap ton of stuff we had to fly with for this trip (we had two other bags just for snorkeling gear and stuff). My father had gone to sailing school so he could be the captain of the sailboat (50 footer) and me and my siblings the crew. We sailed around the islands for 2 weeks. Clear skies.. until the last day. We were sailing back to return the boat and fly home, and out of nowhere we got hit with what we found out later was a TROPICAL STORM. The railings were in the water, lose line nearly took my brothers head off, I nearly fell off the boat, and we damn near hit a freaking island! We had to motor back to Tortola after it cleared, becuase the storm SHREDDED OUR SAILS. So.. yeah. Will never forget how this song somehow, for a year, the Song of Storms use to be more than just a catchy Zelda tune.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Lol! Its not called the Song of Storms for nothing!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel

Iona, you might like this one. It's an orchestral remake of the song of storms from the Twilight Princess Zelda game (which is the best one IMO)

Junior Member Pod of Oceania

Follow Mirabelle le Mergirl on Tumblr
    I'm a hugely bonkers Minecrafter! Like, legit, would wear Minecraft armour on Halloween. I'm actually going to!

Mirabelle xx

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    So- throwing this out here; Anybody play Battlefield 4? I could use a squad and none of my friends play.
    Even mermaids need tech support.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Kaila Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Kaila Mermaid On Twitter Add Kaila Mermaid on Facebook
    Follow Kaila Mermaid on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    So- throwing this out here; Anybody play Battlefield 4? I could use a squad and none of my friends play.
    GAHH I do, but my Live account isn't working! >~<+

Add Marlin on Facebook
    Let me know when you get it fixed!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Ok, so I just started playing Neverwinter a few days ago. Have to say, I LOVE it. It's like a combination of Tera and Guildwars. I recommend it to all PC gamers
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Neverwinter is fun until you get to the max lvl for the free account, then everything becomes boring.

I play Master of Orion II with a custom space merfolk civilization.
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~

Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art

I'm a casual PC gamer, and I kind of go through phases. One day it's all about Minecraft, next it's The Stanley Parable. I was kind of addicted to WoW for the better part of four years, and I've been thinking about picking that up again eventually. Mostly nowadays it's SecondLife, if only because I love tinkering with my avatar and trying all sorts of things; I'm trying to work on a mermaid avatar, which is turning out to be pretty difficult. :c

Yep! I go through phases of being heavily addicted to games (mostly Skyrim and Tomb Raider right now) and then having a "dry spell" and actually communicating with people of the outside world. I've been through WoW, Minecraft, League of Legends and a few other games of that sort. I thought I was the only one! Phew.
    ~The day that fins replace my feet, I'll be set free~
    Until then, I'm keeping my day job.

Oh god, Skyrim! I lost so many solid months of my life to that game, augh! XD I was always modding the hell out of my game and obsessing over certain quest chains. My forum name here is actually from the name I gave my main!

Fallout 3 and New Vegas cut MONTHS off my life. Same with both Portal games. Every now and again though, I'll break out Mario Brothers 3, one of my favorite classics.
    I'm like a platypus in the way that I can adapt on land and water, a bit goofy looking, and nobody's really sure what it is that I do.

On instagram as aperture_platypus

Add Marlin on Facebook
    I think I sunk something like 130 hrs. into my most recent Fallout 3 play through. Haven't quite gotten the swing of New Vegas yet... everything is WAY more lethal than in 3.

Not so much time spent in portal... Great game, great story, but once you solve the puzzles (at least in Still Alive) and get all the achievements, the game was a little dull. Amazing to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I think I sunk something like 130 hrs. into my most recent Fallout 3 play through. Haven't quite gotten the swing of New Vegas yet... everything is WAY more lethal than in 3.

Not so much time spent in portal... Great game, great story, but once you solve the puzzles (at least in Still Alive) and get all the achievements, the game was a little dull. Amazing to play though.
    Have you played the second Portal game? It's very interesting and much much longer, and there's online multiplayer too.

Speaking of gaming, the new Batman game is available for preorder I believe, and if you preorder you can play as Harley Quinn. But what have they done to poor Harl again with the stupid design? She's in a tutu. I am so upset with DC recently (as in like the past 3 or 4 years) on all fronts. Raaaa. /minirant.

Total Nintendo gamer girl

No shame C:

"See dude? The ocean is beautiful! You don't need to be afraid of things that are beautiful!"
    -Jake the Dog c;

Casual PC ga-mer here. I live for Skyrim, Portal, anything zombie related, but most importantly....Mass Effect. My Steam name is Mother Of Dragons.

In fact the only thing competing with my mermaid tail at the moment is a Commander Shepard EVA build. They can't both fit in my workspace at the same time!!

Well now I want to go swimming. :I

Add Marlin on Facebook
    @ Harley- Not yet- but it's on my list. I've heard nothing but good things about Portal 2. Have you tried bioshock?

@Lychee- LOVE Mass Effect! I've played the series about 3 times now- It will go down for me as one of those touchstone games in history for me.
    Last edited by Marlin; 03-04-2014 at 07:50 PM.