Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming Mers? *looks around*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hubby and I started playing Diablo III after we picked up game+expansion on Tuesday. Having a blast so far- LOVE the co-op, I'm always looking for good games that we can play together (but I hate shooters :P).

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    @ Iona- If you haven't already, you two should try Portal 2. It has the profile of a FPS, but it's a puzzle game that feels totally different from a shooter. Miss Marlin and I have been playing and having lots of fun.
    Even mermaids need tech support.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Follow Mermaid Melusinah On Twitter Add Mermaid Melusinah on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Melusinah's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Hubby and I started playing Diablo III after we picked up game+expansion on Tuesday. Having a blast so far- LOVE the co-op, I'm always looking for good games that we can play together (but I hate shooters :P).
    I am TERRIBLE at shooters!

That being said, I am SOOO looking forward to Assassin's Creed: Unity! EGAD!
    Also, the new Dragon Age looks promising! My hubby already has it on preorder!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    @ Iona- If you haven't already, you two should try Portal 2. It has the profile of a FPS, but it's a puzzle game that feels totally different from a shooter. Miss Marlin and I have been playing and having lots of fun.
    I wasn't aware any of the portal games could be co-op- I'll have to look into that! Thanks for the suggestion Marlin. I LOVE puzzle games like Tomb Raider and Zelda but hadn't thought about Portal!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melusinah View Post
    I am TERRIBLE at shooters!

That being said, I am SOOO looking forward to Assassin's Creed: Unity! EGAD!
    Also, the new Dragon Age looks promising! My hubby already has it on preorder!
    Yeah me too XP Loved the first Dragon Age, wasn't as much of a fan of the 2nd. I'm waiting on reviews for the next one, which I'll be waiting for the price to go down in the mean time anyway haha. I think I'd love Assassin's Creed but never started on it. I haven't played too many games in recent years- even though I love them- because once I get into a game I don't get much else done til it's done :P That was one of the reasons I quit WoW, and also why I haven't touched Skyrim.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    uh...I'm up to level 12 in Tetris. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    uh...I'm up to level 12 in Tetris. Does that count?
    I can barely beat level 5, so I think level 12 counts

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    I collect shiny Pokemon. Unlegitly have my pokedex in X filled up 100% with all the legendaries and event pokemon.

GUYS GUYS OMGOMG

http://laytonvsphoenixwright.nintendo.com/

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEKK!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Speaking of gaming, I am debating my options. Do I continue to run my 3.5e D&D undersea game that I have run online via IRC each Sunday since 2007? I am down to three PCs, these days; an oceanid wizard/Oneiromancer, a sea elf Blackwater ninja, and a lizardman druid. Do I rock the boat and change the ruleset from 3.5e to the newer 5e? I did as much with my last game, an undersea play-by-post that went from 1e to 3e in one fell swoop. Or do I start anew, with an undersea entry-level Pathfinder/Cerulean Seas game run online with the more robust virtual tabletop Roll20?

Yes, finding new blood for a game like mine is difficult. Most folks have either moved on to newer rulesets, or they prefer not to game online, or they cannot meet on Sunday nights. And yeah, setting the game entirely underwater has scared off the lion's share of prospective players.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Member Pod of the Midwest
    I personally would be quite interested in an online campaign, Merman Dan.. though I must admit, the last time I played was just before the v4 edition release.. I did like the 3.5 edition ruleset, although I still know how to calculate thac0
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes" Oscar Wilde

I am dying to play any Zelda game right now.
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

I was just playing A Link Between Worlds...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I thought this was interesting: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...ity-180952452/

And I forgot to mention, I also play Blendoku. I kick some Blendoku ass!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Kaila Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Kaila Mermaid On Twitter Add Kaila Mermaid on Facebook
    Follow Kaila Mermaid on Tumblr
    Did someone say Skyrim? The thing that keeps consuming my life due to my inability to progress. Every time I enter Dawnstar my game file corrupts and I have to start completely over. I feel like Sisyphus
    ~Kaila Mermaid~

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I just played a game called wolf quest for like five hours. Ow my eyeballs. It was free. You get to be a wolf and do wolf things. Yis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Carolina Mermaid's Avatar
    I love Wolf Quest!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I have Wildstar but it was sooo laggy, I just gave up, uninstalled and went back to wow

Final Fantasy fangirl here! I'm working on the Tales of series right now, too. On top of that, I follow a lot of gamers on youtube, and watch them play through horror games, as I can't possibly play them myself.

FFX is my favorite game in the world!

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Corabelle's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Corabelle On Twitter Add Mermaid Corabelle on Facebook Add Mermaid Corabelle on Google+
    Follow Mermaid Corabelle on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Corabelle's Youtube Channel
    I'm an MMORPG kinda girl. Used to play WoW, and Guild Wars. Rift is what I play to currently get my fix. I love visiting this lovely mer-beauty in game. My boyfriend found her in-game and brought me to her as a surprise since he knows how much I love mermaids. I was so happy when I saw her. I want a seaweed bra like that!

I also love RTS games too.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Though the fifth edition of the Dungeons & Dragons ruleset is now in a staggered release, I have given some though to trying my hand at a Pathfinder campaign. Based in part upon the System Reference Document, the core rules of 3.5e D&D provided as part of the Open Gaming License, Pathfinder has evolved into a its own compelling adventure game.

Unlike D&D, where the Dungeon Master and players have separate rulebooks, Pathfinder provides the Core Rulebook, placing player and Game Master rules into a single volume. There are monster tomes known as Bestiaries, additional books for GMs and players, and books that expand the bases of magic, monsters, races, and classes. These books are readily available as hardcopies and PDFs.

The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game is released under the Open Game License and has a System Reference Document of its own, an online compendium known as the Pathfinder Reference Document.

In 1998 I started my first undersea campaign, “Beneath the Pinnacles of Azor’alq”, a first edition Advanced D&D play-by-post adventure. In 2007 I created “Heirs of Turucambi”, a 3.5e D&D chat-based game set beneath the surface of the Oljatt Sea on Oerth, the World of Greyhawk. I currently run this game each Sunday night. 

Alluria Publishing has created a series of robust undersea supplements for Pathfinder, starting with the Cerulean Seas campaign setting. I would utilize these supplements, also available in printed and electronic formats, for my Pathfinder endeavors.

My current undersea game uses a simple chat interface, Internet Relay Chat or IRC. Should I run a Pathfinder/Cerulean Seas adventure, I would employ a more advanced interface, a Virtual Tabletop application called Roll20. Roll20 allows players to share a common screen, seeing a map of the adventure locale and simple game statistics combined with videoconferencing capabilities. I would use Roll20 in conjunction with Hero Lab, an interactive character sheet.

A minimum investment in my new campaign would be less than $30; $9.99 for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook PDF and $19.95 for the Cerulean Seas Campaign Setting PDF. Access to Roll20 is free. Hard copies of the aforementioned books can be obtained for $50 each. Additional Pathfinder PDFs can be obtained for $10 each, while PDFs of Cerulean Seas supplements range from $10 to $15.

Pathfinder
    3.5e to Pathfinder Conversion Guide
    Pathfinder Reference Document

Cerulean Seas

Roll20
    (Formerly known as Æolius)