Thread: The Revolution Movie

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

The Revolution Movie

Tonight was such an affirming and life changing evening for me. I feel such a mix of emotions. I met documentary film maker Rob Stewart (responsible for Sharkwater the third grossing documentary of all time, 3rd to only Supersize me and Fahrenheit 9/11) and got to see a screening of his new movie Revolution. (It will be out this Earth Day for all to see) I really hope you all see it and are as moved as I was. It's incredibly practical and focuses a lot on kids and youth as an agent of change. While there is focus on the States, unlike many other docs it focuses on Canada as well and really zeroes in on issues we need to give attention to here. There are some alarming statistics and scary moments. I cried from sadness from what I was seeing, but also cried in pride from the power of our youth. I feel very affirmed in my choice to focus on being an educator and focusing on environmental issues with youth. Also, my breath hold isn't that far off from his hahaha.

I'm still vibrating from the experience, I'm sure it'll be a few days before I digest everything I saw. I'll be sure to make a blog post.

http://www.therevolutionmovie.com/

I'll be updating this thread as I go, and as we get closer to the release date I'm hoping those of you that go see it post here.

That looks really neat! And i LOVE that necklace of yours btw, Who made it??
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Raven made it based on my tail design I wear it whenever I do events where I want my inner mermaid to shine hehe

Is this out yet Raina?

Quote Originally Posted by fawkes View Post
    Is this out yet Raina?
    It actually came out in theatres in April, and has finished it's theatrical run. It's already available for download on iTunes, and the DVD is to be released on August 20th. I'm not sure if it will appear on Netflix. Perhaps once the DVD is released?