Thread: October meet up!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel

Red face October meet up!!

Ok, Supper excited. I've been talking with Moon, and We want to put together a meet up the first weekend of October. We are going to be meeting up at the Bagby Hot Springs just south of Oregon City right next to Portland. Would be REALLY awesome if we could get some more mers to come along. I know theres a meet up this weekend (Sept. 22nd). But I think it would be fun to hit a hot spring. The spring stretches over a mile and a half trail, and there is a small hike depending on where we decide to go. There are 2 swimming spots, 1 at half mile and another at 1 mile, but there is also a tub area at the end of the trail (1 1/2 miles). If anyone is interested in going, we are looking at being there just before noon. The more mers we can get to go, the better

Name:  IMG_0480.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  274.4 KB

This is just one of the spots you can stop to swim along the trail
    Last edited by Morticia Mermaid; 09-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

I'm so excited for this! I don't mind picking up some mers from portland was well if people want to make that the 'meet-up' spot either!

Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    I know its REALLY short notice. But I think it could be fun. I didn't realize there were hot springs that close and since I can't make the Seattle meet, thought it would be cool to have another meet just a bit further south for the Mers who can't make it quite that far

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website

smart idea, i might not get to go to the seattle meet so this would be really fun!
    Haters gonna Hate >:/ , Lovers gonna Love <3, Creepers gonna Creep O_o
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Madeleine".

Plus hot springs. I mean...

HOT SPRINGS!

*Dances*

OH! And I will mention now... I'm assuming, from looking at photos, that Bagby is a clothing optional hot spring. Just to warn people now so in case it is, no one is spazing out once they are already there

Depending on how many people decide to come, we can have a kind of potluck/BBQ. Have everyone bring something with them so we have food while we are there

Ohman, this sounds amazing. I'll have to check my scheduale, but I'm hoping I can come.

Only thing is that I would need a ride from at least Portland, as I don't have a car and would need to bus it from Seattle :B

Re: October meet up!!

If my boyfriend remembers correctly it's a family friendly clothed spring.
    Check out rooster rock state park, it says all over the place it's a clothing optional park.
    With a separate beaches for clothed or not clothed.
    Just if anyone was wondering

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    ~`*Fresh Water Mermaid*`~
    Mermaid Yvette
    Facebook § youtube § DeviantArt

Ok. Just wanted to give anyone interested an update. The hotspring meet is going to be moved out one more week. So the weekend of the 13th instead of the 6th. This will give mers going to the seattle meet up a bit more time to recoup.

Aw, man, if I didn't have to work the weekend of the 13th - I'd be there =D Have fun!!
    Give my facebook page a like and I'll return the support!
    http://www.facebook.com/JinaDModel

Agg. crabs. I can't come to this one either. bull shark.

Ahhhh! LOL! i love that Bull Shark thing you did there! So gonna say that at some point! LOL
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

lol I use it all the time. :P

So its looking like the Hot Springs idea may be off. I just checked the weather and it's supposed to rain in the Portland area on Saturday. I don't want to chance anyone getting sick due to the possibility it may rain in the hot springs area. That being said, April and I are putting together funds to rent a local pool in Albany, OR for 2 hours. If anyone would like to go, let me know. And if you need a place to stay, I can give you the address to a hotel in Albany that is less than $40 a night for 2 people (last I checked anyways)

Sad news guys. We've had to cancel entirely 3 main reasons. 1- Not enough people wanted to go. 2- Moon can't make it and I can't afford the pool rental on my own (have to buy a plane ticket before the end of the month). 3- I woke up with a major migraine this morning and they generally last a couple days, and am usually stuck in bed in a pitch black room for at least 2 days when I can finally rest without being disturbed to get up to go to work

I'm sorry everyone. Was really looking forward to meeting everyone, maybe next time

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Anyone up for the springs idea in June?

Sounds fun! I should have my first tail done by then!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Cure for anything is Saltwater, Sweat, Tears or The Sea
    (Isak Dinesen)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Merman Jace Aquarius