Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mermaid Creations Review

Kinda unrelated to your tail, Raina (I really love it, and I'll definitely have to use your review template in the future--it covers everything!) but I was at PetSmart the other day and they had some fish that made me think of your tail.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    So I keep getting loads and loads of emails about my mermaid creations tail and my merbellas tail. I posted a thread showing how my merbellas tail has held up over time, so I'm going to show you my mermaid creations one. I've been asked for some close up photos etc and I just get too many emails. So, the best thing to do if you have QUESTIONS about specific stuff is ASK JESSE. I can only really tell you about my tail, and I don't make tails.

So keep in mind as I say earlier on here, that this was one of the FIRST silicone tails Jesse made and it's a few years old now!

Here's a few photos of mermaid Ama in it, and some video etc.

Name:  IMG00543-20130301-2137.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  59.4 KB

The top layer of paint has bubbled up a bit and peeled a bit.
    Name:  IMG00541-20130301-2136.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  105.7 KB

Paint flaking off

Getting a bit see-through from all the use
    Last edited by AniaR; 12-24-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Oh I almost forgot! There are more shorter clips, and more photos, on Mermaid Amas page: https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAma

You haven't had any problems with the dorsal on your MC tail though, have you? That one seems really thick and well attached.

Nope!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The last 4 pictures aren't working for me, from "Paint flaking off a bit here and there" they just look like little square icons that don't do anything. Is that just on my end?

nope i'm getting it too, Ayla

Following up on this post: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...l=1#post160584 (Please read for context!!!)

Here are some photos, I'm not sure why the previous attachments aren't working, I've tried editing them and they just wont show I think they may have been lost with the server move.

Fluke is see through, that white spot is where the fluke split open about 8 inches. Monofin pops through the silicone.

Seam, and a bunch of paint peeling right off

More peeling and splitting

The waist continues to peel the worst and splits into 2-3 layers which I've had to resew. That flakiness you see has happened all over the whole tail with the orange but I pulled most of it off. if you look closely you can see remnants

Just showing how streaky and see through

More waist splitting, orange peeling off

It's like snakeskin all over

flakes of orange come off, white underneath. We tried to stop the spread of the peel with clear silicone but it wont bond

Inside seams split into layers, had to be resewn multiple times and siliconed over. Silicone will bond perfectly fine to the inside. (no perma wet inside!)

You can see there's about a 4 layer split here

What it looks like when perma wet flakes/peels off and takes colour with it

You can see how it would be less noticeable with a dark solid colour compared to multiple colours and light colours.

The back "seam" and more peeling

More peeling and there is a black streak of silicone there. When you wear the tail it looks see through (I'll show a video when we're done uploading it) and the black streak is very apparent. Hard to see right now when the front layer is laying over theback.

I'll have a video up soon where you can see a lot of the issues.

Raina, just a thought after seeing these pictures. Is it just me or does it appear that Jesse used colored silicone and painted on the colors for your tail, then put perma-wet on after. I am noticing plain silicone under that. With my tail and maybe more, Jesse made the skins with the color already in it so with the little bit of peeling that has occurred around the ankles none of the color has come out of the tail and is almost not noticable from a distance or in the water. I am not trying start anything just a observation.

I *think* he did a mix of both. some of the silicone is orange all the way through but a lot isn't. permawet over top.

Here's a silly behind the scenes video that also includes some close up shots of the tail where you can see the issues. Specifically, the paint streaks, the seams, and the see throughness of it when you can see all the bathing suits.