Thread: I just started classes!

I just started classes!

I signed up for SCUBA classes today!
    AHHFKJFDLKFJLS I'm so excited!

I'm going to be certified before the end of October - Its crazy to believe!

For my school, I'm making a documentary about the Neptune Memorial in the Florida Keys - If you don't know what it is, I highly suggest you look it up because its awesome.
    And I'll be diving down with a camera person to film the scenery.
    If there is anyone that dives on this forum that is interested in helping, and lives within the state of FL or eastern GA, I would love to have an extra camera person in the water with us! I would take care of any transportation, hotel stay, and food needs.
    We will be diving around 45-60 ft down, and the diver needs to be very experienced! And confident enough in their diving skills to multitask with a camera.
    If you are interested in helping out, message me for more information!

Take your time to get more proficient with your scuba gear. With NASDS certification, we had a 50/50 rule which was "Don't go below 50 feet until you get 50 hours of time in. This gets you more proficient with handling your gear, so that when you go deeper you're ready to handle things like diving safely with nitrogen narcosis and safety deco stops when they really mean something. Too much of today's diving instruction is getting students thru the door as fast as possible for the money, and not making sure that they're really ready to be on their own.

Hey all - I am finished with the first half of my scuba open-water lessons!
    I still need to do an actual open-water dive, but that will come soon enough.

Now, I know it isn't fair of me to ask this of any of you, seeing as how I'm mostly inactive on this board due to school and work, but my documentary is in need of donations!
    We need money to fund our trip to Miami, which covers boat and equipment rentals, and caring for a crew of over 8 people from Miami and some from outside of it.
    (Caring for means hotel stays, meals, transportation and gasoline, etc)

Its also for any emergencies we may face during our trip, including lung over-expansion, decompression sickness, or any environmental inflicted injury that may cause us to delay our trip.
    Also covering any equipment damage or emergency rentals.

Please guys, help me out - Anything you can donate is appreciated! Every bit of it helps - NO DONATION IS TOO SMALL. That means even $1 amounts are appreciated (yes, the more the better, but I understand the times being what they are).
    This is a project for school, but its also a very personal project, as I have longed to see the Memorial for a long time - So, for me, this is a dream come true.

Here is the link for donations:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=SJRHE4PN9GZ5G

THANK YOU ALL

Have you heard about DAN? http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/insurance/

Get everyone on that insurance, and your diving insurance problems are pretty much over. Anyone else is going to rape you with insane premiums. Dan offers cheap insurance because any accidents are used to further diving medicine research.

After that a 1-2 million event liability insurance policy can cover the rest.

I also need money to rent a boat, rent equipment, feed my crew, and house everyone who is from out of town.
    Renting a boat for the weekend costs about $400 at minimum.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    We get a super great discount on diver's insurance through my SCUBA club

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    you should do a sponsored swim to raise money for the trip
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by samsonsmith009 View Post
    Arella, I agree with you.

melbel1023, you also try some online scuba shops that give good discount on diving gear. But before buying gear compare the rates of each store.
    Online is NOT the place to buy life support equipment!!!

Your manufacturer's warranties will not be honored if the gear is bought online! That's due to counterfit equipment, and/or equipment assembled from parts by untrained persons. A few will come as a box of parts for you to assemble, or complete with missing parts!

Wetsuits and snorkeling gear can be bought safely online, but regs, BC's, and cylinders go to the local dive shop for purchase.