Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Mermaid YouTube Series?

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Hunter View Post
    One idea I've had for a while as a way for people to collaborate long-distance would be an anthology series, where each episode is its own story with its own cast and characters. Different groups of people can act out the episodes and the rest of the work can be shared online.
    That's a cool idea!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that could be a possibility, but we would all still need a few people near us that we could act with. I also figured that I would venture that I enjoy creative writing a lot, and have written a bunch of things myself. I could maybe help people with script writing when my school is done for the summer if I have time.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMer View Post
    Yeah, that could be a possibility, but we would all still need a few people near us that we could act with. I also figured that I would venture that I enjoy creative writing a lot, and have written a bunch of things myself. I could maybe help people with script writing when my school is done for the summer if I have time.
    I think I could also. I love to write. And maybe someone could do a solo performance. It would be more challenging with less dialog and more physical acting, but interesting to see!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Question, does anyone have an idea for a name for the mermaid equivalent of a Squib? Squib would have been perfect, since it sounds kinda like squid, but alas the wizards own it.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMer View Post
    Question, does anyone have an idea for a name for the mermaid equivalent of a Squib? Squib would have been perfect, since it sounds kinda like squid, but alas the wizards own it.
    A squib is a small explosive device for precision use; or a bullet whose propellant fails to ignite sufficiently to push it out of the barrel. You don't need to be a wizard to have one.

Why would mers not -- oh. I just learnt it also means people who carry the wizarding gene but don't express it, in Harry Potter.

Similarly, those people are related to merfolk but must live their lives on land, fully human, if I've interpreted your question right.

I'd say there could be some theme of 'drying out', say calling them the Dried, the Parched, etc. More polite terms could include Surfs (for surface).

Hope it helps, Midnight
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Thanks! I will definitely consider some of those.

Welcome, Midnight! How's progress on your series?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000