Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaid YouTube Series?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLanai View Post
    LOL My friend and I are planning a "How To Train Your Mermaid", video.. Just for giggles, may-june- 2013 around there. Her idea, But hey ill be getting a bucket of swedish fish as a reward haha
    Lol! I will be looking out for this
    Believe me, I do not have a problem w/ swedish fish :drools:
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Chesapeake Pod
    Like you asked, I wanted to update all of you on the mermaid show my friends and i are making...

I finished the script of episode 1, for the 6th time in the past 2 months lol
    I have written every summary for season one, but i am still moving them around and trashing a few.
    We have started making plans for our hand crafted moon pool and the designs for the tails are done...
    Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  106.1 KB Name:  attachment-1.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  38.8 KB
    All looks good so far, never the less. I'm really excited about it, but also kind of worried that none of
    you will be interested in it because it's going to be a lot like h2o. In fact, it is based off of the next generation of mermaids.

Anywhoville...

the only sneak peak i can give you now are the credits and a piece of the summary.. so here goes

CREDITS

Ana as Paisley

Brook as Katie

Emma as Cassidee

I am in charge of all of the editing, directing, writing, etc

Three teenage girls drift out to sea, only to find themselves on a mysterious, uninhabited island.
    While on the island, the girls discover a cave that has appeared to have been left untouched for years.
    What they don't know is that this cave will transform them and change their lives forever.
    The next day, they each discover they can transform into mermaids. They have even gained powers.
    A friend of theirs immediately takes interest in their strange behavior, but when he discovers the truth, will he be able to handle it?

Through out the season/series, the girls and their friend strive to find out what has happened to them all while
    trying to keep their secret safe from the outside world and master their powers. Lots of action and drama, etc...

PS: the girls find out that they are the next generation of h2o mermaids. what do you mers think so far? I know it's alot like h2o, but would you still be interested in watching it?
    Last edited by Mermaid Saphira; 12-30-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

DEFINATELY. DO IT. NOW. Me and my friends are making a show called aquatails! I'm in that process of script writing now and the entire first season will be filmed this summer. So first episode September 2013!! Here's the first episode synopsis: it's the last day of school, finally! Three best friends plan a huge sleepover party! They decide to go for a bike ride in the park by the ocean. However, they lose track of time and get lost among the forest. They come across a pond as it becomes dark, and the moon is rising over the pool. Just as they're ready to go, they see something glowing inside the pond. Britney immediately feels drawn towards it. She dives in the pool, followed by her two friends, to find that the source is three aqua blue glowing lockets!! They each pick one up, and when the moon shifts, the lockets stop glowing. They return home and enjoy their sleepover as usual. However, when they wake up and return to their houses, they're in for a big surprise. Tails!
    Ali as britney
    hannah as hannah
    miranda as Miranda
    Mermaids have more fun

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCaitlin View Post
    And guys you both spelled my name wrong.
    Oh sorry! that how my friends kaitlyns name is spelt :P
    User previously known as "Natasha".

Chesapeake Pod
    little update video too, wish I could show more T_T

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Allie View Post
    DEFINATELY. DO IT. NOW. Me and my friends are making a show called aquatails! I'm in that process of script writing now and the entire first season will be filmed this summer. So first episode September 2013!! Here's the first episode synopsis: it's the last day of school, finally! Three best friends plan a huge sleepover party! They decide to go for a bike ride in the park by the ocean. However, they lose track of time and get lost among the forest. They come across a pond as it becomes dark, and the moon is rising over the pool. Just as they're ready to go, they see something glowing inside the pond. Britney immediately feels drawn towards it. She dives in the pool, followed by her two friends, to find that the source is three aqua blue glowing lockets!! They each pick one up, and when the moon shifts, the lockets stop glowing. They return home and enjoy their sleepover as usual. However, when they wake up and return to their houses, they're in for a big surprise. Tails!
    Ali as britney
    hannah as hannah
    miranda as Miranda

That sounds like a super cute idea :3
    Funny, Ali appears to be the only one who changed her name lol

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Saphira View Post
    Like you asked, I wanted to update all of you on the mermaid show my friends and i are making...

I finished the script of episode 1, for the 6th time in the past 2 months lol
    I have written every summary for season one, but i am still moving them around and trashing a few.
    We have started making plans for our hand crafted moon pool and the designs for the tails are done...
    Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  106.1 KB Name:  attachment-1.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  38.8 KB
    All looks good so far, never the less. I'm really excited about it, but also kind of worried that none of
    you will be interested in it because it's going to be a lot like h2o. In fact, it is based off of the next generation of mermaids.

Anywhoville...

the only sneak peak i can give you now are the credits and a piece of the summary.. so here goes

CREDITS

Ana as Paisley

Brook as Katie

Emma as Cassidee

I am in charge of all of the editing, directing, writing, etc

Three teenage girls drift out to sea, only to find themselves on a mysterious, uninhabited island.
    While on the island, the girls discover a cave that has appeared to have been left untouched for years.
    What they don't know is that this cave will transform them and change their lives forever.
    The next day, they each discover they can transform into mermaids. They have even gained powers.
    A friend of theirs immediately takes interest in their strange behavior, but when he discovers the truth, will he be able to handle it?

Through out the season/series, the girls and their friend strive to find out what has happened to them all while
    trying to keep their secret safe from the outside world and master their powers. Lots of action and drama, etc...

what do you mers think so far? I know it's alot like h2o, but would you still be interested in watching it?

No feeback on this yet? Oh boy, this is what I was afraid of O_O

Maybe a sneak peak of the script will help?? (may be deleted in a few hours!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Katie: (frightened) You aren’t gonna leave me up here, alone….are you?

Cassidee: Why should you care? (elbows Katie in the side playfully) You aren’t scared, are you?

Katie: (shocked) What?! No way. (turns her back to Cassidee) (peers at Cassidee over her shoulder) Oh, just go already! (turns back)
    Cassidee: (shrugs) (jumps down hole) (screams)

Scene changes to the inside of a cave. Lighting is blue and mysterious magical music is playing.

Cassidee: (kneels beside Paisley) (pulls first aid kit out of her bag) This might help. (cleans Paisley’s wounds) (puts away kit) Can you walk on it? (gets up) (helps Paisley up)
    Paisley: I think so, (gets up) Thank you, Cassidee.

Cassidee: (walks around) No problem. (pause) Now, let’s see if we can find a way out -
    Camera is taken back to Katie who is left in the same position Cassidee left her in.

Katie: (hears a fox cry off in the distance) (eyes pop open) (scrambles down hole) (screams)
    Camera is taken back inside the cave where Cassidee is looking for a way out.

Cassidee: (whips around to see Katie) (angry) What are you doing down here, Katie?!

Katie: (sarcasm) I ah- (gets up) (dusts off) wanted to help you guys find a way out. (weak smile)
    Last edited by Mermaid Saphira; 12-17-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Chesapeake Pod
    Almost forgot...

Love the script and interview video, Saph!

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.

Find me on YouTube! -->
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mermaidg...e=results_main

[Because legs are too complicated]

I'm older, 23, and I'd love to do a mermaid mini-series. I'm actually into acting and would love to pursue it as a career. I'm currently located in Southern California, but if anyone is down here and would like to do something, I'd be more than happy to meet up and brainstorm! I have a friend with a camera who would love to film. I'm actually working on a script for a mermaid film. :-D I'm hoping it will be original and different than what you usually see.

For me, I'd like to see less cliché scenarios; aka Little Mermaid-esque love stories, H2O powers/situations, etc... A cause is good, some powers might be okay, but what about natural born mers?

Any remember The Thirteenth Year by Disney? Or am I just too old? XP
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

That was great saphira! Super well done!
    Mermaids have more fun

So I've come up with one! Not going to give away most of the plot, but I can tell you that it is very far from H2O.

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWkDox__gU8

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.

Find me on YouTube! -->
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mermaidg...e=results_main

[Because legs are too complicated]

I'm still trying to convince my friends to help me make a web series XD

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailani View Post
    I'm older, 23, and I'd love to do a mermaid mini-series. I'm actually into acting and would love to pursue it as a career. I'm currently located in Southern California, but if anyone is down here and would like to do something, I'd be more than happy to meet up and brainstorm! I have a friend with a camera who would love to film. I'm actually working on a script for a mermaid film. :-D I'm hoping it will be original and different than what you usually see.

For me, I'd like to see less cliché scenarios; aka Little Mermaid-esque love stories, H2O powers/situations, etc... A cause is good, some powers might be okay, but what about natural born mers?

Any remember The Thirteenth Year by Disney? Or am I just too old? XP
    . U r never too old to do a show! And I plan on creating a few, less cliché, mermaid shows in the future but I figured I hold start off with something more familiar to my age group. Good luck if u decided to make ur wn show

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Allie View Post
    That was great saphira! Super well done!
    ThanQ sweetie :3 I hope u will stick around to view it!

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Celissa View Post
    Love the script and interview video, Saph!
    Lol thanq dear : 3

If anyone whose making a show needs any help with anything such as props, lighting, and staging feel free to ask, I'm up for helping get a new series on its feet I'm really good at building props and scenery like rocks and fakeing being in open water (I guess that's what years of being on the scene crew of plays and in the digital media club gets you LOL)

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by draggersprez View Post
    If anyone whose making a show needs any help with anything such as props, lighting, and staging feel free to ask, I'm up for helping get a new series on its feet I'm really good at building props and scenery like rocks and fakeing being in open water (I guess that's what years of being on the scene crew of plays and in the digital media club gets you LOL)
    I am intrigued by your offer...^o^

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Saphira View Post
    I am intrigued by your offer...^o^
    :3 i know some videos that show how to get DIY professional quality sound, video, and effects for cheap and i know a video showing how to make a cheap underwater camera rig. does anyone want that one BTW?

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by draggersprez View Post
    :3 i know some videos that show how to get DIY professional quality sound, video, and effects for cheap and i know a video showing how to make a cheap underwater camera rig. does anyone want that one BTW?
    totally! *swims in circles like a crazed maniac* lol