Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaid YouTube Series?

Mermaid YouTube Series?

So, me being young and in love with YouTube, ive come across many girls who make mini series about being mermaids(most are like H20) on it. Some really good ones ive seen are Secret Life of a Mermaid, The3Tails, Mystic Tails and a couple others. I was just wondering if anyone else enjoys watching these? Maybe there is a good one you like that you can post below? Me and a friend were thinking of making one ourselves, but still thinking on it... So, yeah! I just like stuff like this :3
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of Cali Neria's Avatar
    I LOVE Secret Life of a Mermaid! I tried to watch The3Tails, but something about it I just didn't like. Haven't heard of Mystic Tails... I also really loved The Scales by Merymaja, but her account got hacked and all of her videos were deleted. You should definitely try to start a series, I have wanted to make one for a long time but none of my friends are interested in mermaids

Same with the no mermaid interest. A year ago, a friend and i made one episode, but her other friends talked her out of it (she's been having peer pressure issues lately). I have one other friend who is a true mer named Isis, and weve been wanting to make one for a while, just never got around to doing it. And how many episodes of The3tails have you seen? I admit, the first ones werent the best, but i think they got really good once they got more experience. I wonder if any of those girls (including SLM) have accounts on here? That would be kinda cool! And The Scales got hacked? nooooo! I really liked them and i LOVED the tail, even though i had no idea what they were saying lol! Nom offense, i know they were from a different country And look up The Mystic Tails. They are super good actors, and their swimming locations are so beautiful! Its filmed in Hawaii so they swim in the crystal clear ocean. Lucky girls lol!
    formerly known as Kalani

Secret Life of a Mermaid is the only one I really watch. Didn't like the others all that much.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Neria's Avatar
    Hmm.. well good luck with the mermaid show. Hopefully it will still work out.

I haven't seen many episodes of The3Tails. I might give it another shot when I can find the time.

The girl from The Scales said she is selling her tail. She posted a video about it on her youtube channel. I guess she is going to try and make one last episode before she sells it.... not really clear on the details though.

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I haven't seen the Secret life of a Mermaid. But I have seen The3Tails. It's kinda cheesey/doesn't make sense sometimes/ and a basid H2O spin off, BUT I think for what these girls do at their age is FANTASTIC. I'm subscribed to them because I think they do a fan-damn-tastic job.

Yeah, all of the shows ive seen have completely copied H20, but my show is gonna change that for sure! Completely original is what im going for! (hope no one takes that idea lol!)
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    My cousin and i are going to make one really soon! I hate the idea of turning when you touch water (come on, EVERYONE uses it), so we are going for a more unique approach. We are a little older than most of the girls in youtube series, at 15 and 18, so we are going to try and make it as realistic as possible! :P
    if you check on my channel every now and then you will see when we start posting!!
    User previously known as "Natasha".

Hey, I am Natasha's cousin! We hope to make a YouTube video We've started filming small bits but we aren't starting proper filming till November. My YouTube channel has video's on how I made my tail, and by December Our series will start being published I say go for it if you want to make one!

I cant wait for your videos you two! I just hope we dont have the same way of transforming lol! Ill be a viewer for sure! And i almost forgot: Our very own Mermaid Caitlin has a show called Spellbound which i think is pretty good too. And to Caitlin if ur reading it: i understand the circumstances, but my friend and i LOVE your show and are hoping that you can maybe somehow do more episodes? You can always incorporate the move to Canada into it! <3
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Caidence's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Caidence's Youtube Channel
    Thank you so much Kalani! Yes I do have a show Spellbound, but since my recent move to Canada I've lost all my friends to do the show with. I really want to continue, in fact I've written up a new episode already, but I don't know if I can continue it. I've been doing some experimental editing and thinking on new idea, so If i do continue it it wil be better than ever with my new tail, scale makeup, and new editing effects. I am definietly older seeing as I'm going to turn 15, but I really don't care. Maybe I'll drag my brother into it. The good news is that I live near the ocean, not really a swimmable one, but still there are starfish and stuff.
    Formerly known as Mermaid Serinessa

Yeah, it would be nice to get a breath of fresh air in the mermaid miniseries.

I have looked at a few of the miniseries up, and they are all the same, all copies of H20. No offense to these little merlings, of course. But with the imagination children have I would expect... more. Gosh, that sounded harsh, but there's no other way I can think to put it right now.

If you think up an original plot with absolutely no relation to H20, you have a viewer in me.

Awesome koral! Hopefully i can find a bit more motivation and start it up, but i want to have my FishButt first and Caitlin, im sure youll find a couple of other mers in your area, or introduce new friends to mermaiding! anyways, i hope you'll find someone who you can share this passion with up there <3
    formerly known as Kalani

Caitlin!! My best friend is actually in Canada. Depending how close you two are, maybe she could join you.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Bubbles, a few other friends and I are planning on making a few youtube miniseries. One of them includes a mermaid series, but I doubt any of you will like it, it is going to be alot like h2o; however we are going to add our own ideas. We are currently working out how to make our own moon pool and making tails. We also plan to make a few other shows/movies in the future including Onyx...a story about a black witch (still not clear on this idea), Storm's Path...another horse story, and a scary movie about a siren on a killing rampage. More to come
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Coral! I think you should make it! My friend and I have already started shooting our series! It's our own ORIGINAL idea.
    ~~~~~~~Happy Swimming!!~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~The Seagirls (Fiona and Elena)

Check out our YouTube channal!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/626SeaGirls

Mystic Waters will hopefully premier in Fall 2013

Our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/TheSeaGirls?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Koral View Post
    Caitlin!! My best friend is actually in Canada. Depending how close you two are, maybe she could join you.
    Cool. Where does she live?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Koral View Post
    I have looked at a few of the miniseries up, and they are all the same, all copies of H20. No offense to these little merlings, of course. But with the imagination children have I would expect... more.
    Yeah! Thats what we want to get rid of. No more moon pool, no more of the h2O powers, not changing from just touching water.

What would people want to SEE in a mermaid series? Someone said a cause, like protecting the ocean... anything else?
    Ima checkout Spellbound right now!!!
    User previously known as "Natasha".

I've only got a couple of episodes up, since I had to move, but we had some great new idea coming up. I won't say them seeing as I still might use them, but some of them were pretty original. I hope to continue.

@ Natasha: Nooo! just kidding :3 my series will be about mermaids on a duty to save the ocean too lol! just know that if it ever somehow does go up on YouTube, im not copying
    formerly known as Kalani