Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaid YouTube Series?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Neria's Avatar
    Wow, it sounds like I have several new mermaid shows to be looking forward to To everyone who is making a new series, be sure to keep us updated here on mernetwork!

Kalani: I checked out the first episode of Mystic Tails. It was AWESOME. By far the best youtube show I have seen. I have been super busy lately and still need to find time to watch more, but I really loved the first episode.

I know right? They are such good actors and the places they film are to die for! Even though its another H20 copy-off (no offense), they are one of my very favorites!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

i'v etried watching all of the ones you guys listed (besides mystic tails) but i couldn't really get past that they're all almost exact copies of H2O. I usually watch them just for the swimming scenes because i love seeing tails in the water.

Yeah... i know what ur talking about and we do need something new! I found some friends who are actually mers and were gonna start one up that is original and isnt like h20!! So yeah.
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    @ Natasha: Nooo! just kidding :3 my series will be about mermaids on a duty to save the ocean too lol! just know that if it ever somehow does go up on YouTube, im not copying
    thats cool, i think every mermaid should do it
    User previously known as "Natasha".

Im still super siked i found a couple of mermaids in my area who want to do a show!
    formerly known as Kalani

make sure that when you make your show it has a catchy opening sequence thingy, i can usually tell what a show's about just from the opening. XD

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    is anyone else feeling super old when someone refers to themselves as older now. almost 15? I'm 26..... and I wanna make a YouTube show tooooooo XD

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Caidence's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Caidence's Youtube Channel
    Lol I'm almost 15 and I feel like I wasted my time in not starting a show when I was 12. I always wanted to, I just never had the friends.
    Formerly known as Mermaid Serinessa

kaitlyn, do what i did and talk to your cousins (or brothers/sisters) etc, or find someone you know that already likes fantasy etc to do it with you!! or look for drama students at your school (they will be good actors!)

Hey Bella and Caitlyn, i wanna say that you shouldnt feel too old to make your own show! I think the older you are, the more experience you might have when filming, lighting and editing. You all should watch Mystic Tails! They are all 15 or 16 and their show is flawless! Ive been watching Teenie989's show called Secret Life of a Mermaid since a year ago, and looking at her first eppys they werent too amazing, but now that the girls are all 14 or something the show is so awesome! Just putting it out there cause I think that shows with teens rather than little kids
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Caidence's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Caidence's Youtube Channel
    I already have a show, I just hope I will be able to continue it. I think I would want my friends to do it rather then just some people from drama. I think it would be more fun. And guys you both spelled my name wrong.
    Formerly known as Mermaid Serinessa

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    ha ha ha. no I don't feel too old to make a show, I've been a stage actor, short film actor, short film director, editor, sound director, lighting technician, voice actor, circus performer and many many more.. ohhh puppiteer, so no, not to old for a YouTube vid, just a little confused by people referring to themselves to old when they're 15. seriously! you're babies still i(in a very very good way) so go out and do what you want age is only important if you're cheese.

Yea! Thanks for all of the youtube suggestions. I've been sitting here most of the night knitting a sock and watching videos. It's easier than reading threads, because I don't have to stop knitting every few seconds to scroll down. :S

I saw the four episodes you had up Caitlin (same spelling as my sister's name! ) and they were really good! And I am in disagreement with your fourth vlog where you said that you weren't funny. I thought your character on the show was funny! I saw her as a brainy know-it-all who was trying to reason something totally un-reasonable: turning into a mermaid! And, girl, did it end with a cliff-hanger!

==
    My biggest complaint with any video (non-mer videos included) is screeching. Ugh. I realize that at one point in my life, I, too, was a young girl, who more times than I can count probably laughed at jokes with friends, and we probably sounded some what like a pack of hyenas decending upon their prey. But that sound, I just can.not. handle. it. anymore. I'm willing to give a fair viewing to most mer-vids, but if there is more than a few episodes in which characters feel the need to scream (sometimes for no reason), then I am more likely than not to unsubscribe and forget their channel address.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    ScreEeching girlies. Ugh. Weve all been there; done it but it is so artificial it hurts. We should all be mature cheddars with waxy skin. ;-)

Im gonna check out mystic tails! I agree that if your an adult its likely youll be a better actor and swimmer and produce videos of much higher quality!
    Id love to see everyones series, drop me a link!
    And Caitey, I MISS SPELLBOUND
    hopefully you can continue filing <3

Yes, I don't want to copy other series, I want something fresh and new. So I'm not going to start filming for the sake of 'getting it up there' I'll wait till I have a great concept and idea. I've spent days with Natasha researching Mermaid facts and have come across some amazing legends from several different countries. I'm looking forward to watching all your series when you make them Have fun!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    not technically a mermaid series, but I found these guys by accident. I love the flowyness in the fluke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erpoO...=ULerpoOVQ3FNo

Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
    I LOVE Secret Life of a Mermaid! I tried to watch The3Tails, but something about it I just didn't like. Haven't heard of Mystic Tails... I also really loved The Scales by Merymaja, but her account got hacked and all of her videos were deleted. You should definitely try to start a series, I have wanted to make one for a long time but none of my friends are interested in mermaids
    OMG I would love to do a series!

LOL My friend and I are planning a "How To Train Your Mermaid", video.. Just for giggles, may-june- 2013 around there. Her idea, But hey ill be getting a bucket of swedish fish as a reward haha