Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid YouTube Series?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Sarah View Post
    Question-Where did you find how to make a homemade werewolf costume? (I want to be a werewolf for Halloween)
    Sorry I haven't been on until now but here it is: http://www.instructables.com/id/real...costume/#step1
    Good luck!

Might possibly make one this summer if I can get 2 of my friends in on it. I've already written a script for the first 5 episodes! I think it might be called iMermaid (Please don't take). Its gonna be really good! Even if it doesn't happen, I'll make lots of swimming videos!
    Mermaids have more fun

I just put up a little Teaser Trailer for the Mermaid Series Mermaid Narina and I will be making
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNpI...ature=youtu.be

Mermaid YouTube Series?

Looks exciting! Can't wait to watch it!
    formerly known as Julianne.

Hey Kalani!
    I'll be in ur show

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Just a suggestion for you guys out there planning to make series (bearing in mind this is just my opinion)

I think another thing a lot of series get wrong (especially when starting out, a lot will fix this up as they go along) but they make their openings way too long. Ideally an opening title should be between 30-45 seconds long (at least when it's directed at a western audience), and show the name of the series as well as the main characters (respectively named). It should also consist of enough attention grabbing clips to keep the audience interested. What happens a lot of the time is people will find a song they like, and just not edit it quite right, leaving it too long because they liked the chorus. (which generally starts 1:00 into a song and finished 1:30) This means the opening titles generally go between 1:00-1:30, which might be okay for one episode or two but not when it's the entire series but especially not when the episode may only go for 5 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Just a suggestion for you guys out there planning to make series (bearing in mind this is just my opinion)

I think another thing a lot of series get wrong (especially when starting out, a lot will fix this up as they go along) but they make their openings way too long. Ideally an opening title should be between 30-45 seconds long (at least when it's directed at a western audience), and show the name of the series as well as the main characters (respectively named). It should also consist of enough attention grabbing clips to keep the audience interested. What happens a lot of the time is people will find a song they like, and just not edit it quite right, leaving it too long because they liked the chorus. (which generally starts 1:00 into a song and finished 1:30) This means the opening titles generally go between 1:00-1:30, which might be okay for one episode or two but not when it's the entire series but especially not when the episode may only go for 5 minutes or so.
    Yeah, I get what you're saying about the opening, but I like watching long openings (that catch my attention though) but I can still get tired of it and fed up it it's a really bad opening. The best long openings have cool camera frames and transitions while the ones that bore me are just..blah. So as Mer-Crazy said, the tittle should catch my attention. I've clicked away from a lot of series in the first few minutes because of the opening.

I am on my 7th ep f my youtube series just need girl actress

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Pangea View Post
    Hey Kalani!
    I'll be in ur show
    Eeeeee! that would be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Ok, I'm going to PM you since someone has a bad habit of not answering their phone Anyways, I found another mer!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I had an idea a while ago, it kind of derived from watching another Mer's youtube series, watching it it felt like it was filmed like movies like Chronicle or Paranormal Activity where the character had the camera and they were aware it was there, like they were documenting their lives. I thought it could prove to be a cool concept for a series, a kind of blog but as if it were real. And since I have too much time on my hands I was wondering if people would want to see something like that? It wouldn't follow a H2o theme where my character was a normal teen and found a magic pool and magically developed a tail, I was thinking more a kind of 'coming of age' biologically inherited thing. What would people like to see in something like that? And what things should I stick away from?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidnikki View Post
    never heard of it.
    however, it looks funny xD
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

That's probs because my show is new

Cute youtube series. High quality and fun!

Joining a little late here, but this one is pretty cute! The episodes are short but it looks really nice! (And the other mermaid content on the channel is cool too)

Something that I think would be a fun mermaid show concept is a reality TV-style rescue series, like Animal Cops. You'd have a specialized team of people, probably both humans and mers, who rescue supernatural creatures in trouble, like a mermaid who might have gotten tangled in a fishing net or injured by boat propellers. Plus it'd be a natural way to include the environmental themes a lot of mer shows like to reference, since they'd need to deal with things like pollutant spills or eroded reefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Hunter View Post
    Something that I think would be a fun mermaid show concept is a reality TV-style rescue series, like Animal Cops. You'd have a specialized team of people, probably both humans and mers, who rescue supernatural creatures in trouble, like a mermaid who might have gotten tangled in a fishing net or injured by boat propellers. Plus it'd be a natural way to include the environmental themes a lot of mer shows like to reference, since they'd need to deal with things like pollutant spills or eroded reefs.
    I love it!
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Visit MermaidMermeron(Cameron)'s Youtube Channel
    I have a mermaid series coming up but it is just trailers right now until I can afford some more mermaid stuff I think my YouTube link is on my profile

Cameron, your link doesn't go to your channel, it goes to "my videos" which means anyone who clicks on it gets redirected to their own channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Hunter View Post
    Have you checked out Rescue Sirens? It's not this concept exactly, but it is about mermaids under cover as lifeguards, searching for a mermaid in trouble. It's a self-published novel by Jessica Steele-Sanders & Chris Sanders (The director of Lilo & Stitch). I absolutely loved it.

I have really wanted to do a mermaid series for a long time, and I have a good amount of ideas for one. The problem is that I'm a junior in high school, and while I have time to do it, most of my peers are pretty busy or wouldn't be interested. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas on how I could get people interested and willing to help with it (Be in it, or do camera and things like that). Unfortunately, my brain came up with something that has a good amount of parts, so it is pretty important that I can get other people involved. I can't write, direct, film, edit, and be all the parts. Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.