Thread: Must find deep water lol..

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaku's Avatar

Must find deep water lol..

i have been looking everywhere for a good place to swim in here in houston but i have no idea where to go or how to find a place that would allow me to swim in a mermaid tail. In case your wondering by deep water i mean 8 to 10ft..maybe even 15ft deep.... Any ideas where i can go?

All I know of in the area is Lake Conroe...and it's kind of brown & tastes like speedboat fuel. Oh, and go without the tail first, until you're used to the current - it's surprising how strong it is!
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

So, either a decent pool or a lake of some kind.
    As far as pools, check the local gyms that have pools. Some of them may be okay with tails. What area of Houston? I know Spring has a few pools that you just pay to go to. Also, often apartment complexes will have pools, so if you have any friends with apartments, check with them.
    I'll ask around about lakes and rivers; I have family there that likes to go camping.

Edit: Also, most apartments have little to no rules, and little to no supervision, as far as it goes with pools.

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Oooh, I know your pain with the issue of finding a place to swim in. I don't know what to tell you, because I always swim at a pool, because I can't go to the beach very often, and the only other place I could go that has water deep enough has ALLIGATORS. =.=
    Swamp fish noises intensify