Thread: Dolphin and Whale slaughter

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod

Dolphin and Whale slaughter

We all feel like dolphins/whales are some how a part of us. Like we are all some how connected. Giving us mers the urge to help them and thier envionment. Has anyone ever watched “the cove”? It's truly heart breaking to see what they do to these poor innocent and magnificent creatures in japan. Dolphins love humans and enjoy human contact, but how do they still trust us with the things we do to them? Captivity, to whaling. How do and why do they still trust us? So many dolphins have died while in captivity because of the stress put upon them. I admire people who try to act upon these cruel ways. THE COVE has inspired me to (attept to) write a book about this. I'm also planning to set up a donate button on paypal to help the dolphins for its the least i can do. ☆

i agree. i haven't seem the cove because i don't think i can handle it. but i truly think that what they do to the poor animals is terrible and we should be doing everything we can. good on ya!

I think it's terrible how humans have treated the ocean with our greed and insatiable appetite for seafood, which most of us don't need to survive nor do I believe it's even natural for us to eat. I think the best thing humans can do to help dolphins and other sea creatures is to stop eating seafood, as countless non-target animals are killed every day due to overfishing and every time we eat fish we're taking food away from animals who unlike us have no choice but to eat it to survive. If going seafood-free isn't a practical choice for you, at least Google "sustainable seafood" so you can choose options that don't harm the ecosystem so much, or try to at least cut back somewhat on seafood, as there are other healthy sources of protein(like tofu, veggie burgers, soy products, organic free-range chicken, etc.) and Omega-3 fatty acids(such as from walnuts, soybeans, flaxseed and some kinds of vegetables) out there. If going Terrestetarian(my term for a strict seafood-free diet), I strongly suggest making seafood a special treat that you don't eat more than, say, once a week. I think just cutting back would make a huge difference, as if the demand for seafood lowers even a little bit, the commercial fishing industry might be more willing to consider more sustainable and humane fishing practices and move away from the nasty bottom trawlers and drift nets that some deem necessary to satisfy the demand for fish flesh. Yes, of course I know that fish eat other fish all the time, but that doesn't mean we have to as well, at least not every single day. OK, I'll get off my soapbox now!
    Last edited by Princess Kae-Leah; 08-04-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Text DOLPHIN to 441-44 for more information on ways to prevent slaughter in the cove