Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your tail designs!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Get ready for design overload!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

All right! I have to resize one of mine, otherwise I would have just posted it, haha

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    These are all clickable thumbnails.
    Name:  FinfolkKoiNamiTHUMB.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  58.7 KB
    Name:  FinfolkBlueKoiNamiTHUMB.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  60.7 KB
    Name:  JesseDiamondbackTHUMB.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  85.7 KB Name:  AllKokaneeTHUMB.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  65.5 KB
    Name:  AllGoldenTroutTHUMB.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  60.2 KB Name:  AllCutthroatTHUMB.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  74.9 KB
    Name:  allCatfishTHUMB.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  55.2 KB Name:  ClassicMarai-FinfolkComparisonTHUMB.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  51.1 KB
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Ah, I just love the first two<3 The rest of them look so natural and fish-like as well, similar to how Thalassa's tail looks. Just...ah, you're very good at the colors & such!Name:  Photo on 7-6-13 at 11.38 AM.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  207.9 KB

I've been working with these colors for a while now to try and make a design I liked...and I really, really like how this one turned out. <3 Obviously with more blending but I'm rubbish at that, haha.

I like it, especially the side fins. Do you want me to blend it up for you in Photoshop real quick?
    Mermaid Dottie

Oh, really? I'd really appreciate that, actually!

I used a merbella base, but I can easily change the base, if you want, to a different maker. Her fluke just matched the one you drew, it all.
    Name:  MerEmma.jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  121.1 KB
    Mermaid Dottie

Oh no, I've always intended for it to be the Merbella fluke so it's just fine

IT LOOKS GORGEOUS THOUGH OMG. It's much easier to imagine it now as a tail omg THANK YOU<333

You're more than welcome. You've always got such great input for everyone, Emma, that it was a no brainer. It's a thank you from me, too, for helping me pick out my design. Everyone has said that that one is the best, but you said it first!
    Mermaid Dottie

Aww, omg, thank you! Seriously, that means a lot to me, and I can't wait to see your tail completed Just ahhh, thank you SO MUCH<3

*mermaid hugs*
    I don't get to even think about ordering it until we find out how much we could be getting from the thing with the people and the stuff, which will probably be in the fall. I won't have it by pirate-fest, but it'll be worth it, in the end.
    Mermaid Dottie

Ah, I know, but at least it's a possibility in the future! <3 Who did you decide to order it from, again, or are you still unsure?

Either FinFolk or mernation, but I'm leaning towards the latter, because of how great they've been to talk to the last couple of days.
    Mermaid Dottie

Hm...both of their flukes are more vein-y, which would look amazing with your design, for sure, especially if the thicker veins (lol, I don't know of a better term :P) weren't black...ah, I can see that working very well with Mernation's fluke, I think

Name:  MY Pirate Tail.jpg
Views: 1499
Size:  100.6 KB
    Hi Everyone. I am a new mermaid from So Cal. This is my design I created in photoshop using the mertailors layout as a base. I will be having this tail made by him sometime this fall. I am so exicited!

green tea mermaid, where'd you get that template?? and that tail design is GORGEOUS, i can't wait to see it become real!

​formerly Mermaid Brianna

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Annariea View Post
    green tea mermaid, where'd you get that template?? and that tail design is GORGEOUS, i can't wait to see it become real!
    If you do a Google image searchfor Mertailor tails his templates show up for the different fluke styles. If you click on them it takes you straight to his website. For the life of me I can't figure out how to access them directly by going to his website, so I just go the Google image route.

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Here are all the color maps from the Mertailor: https://themertailor.com/store/Blank...ail_Color_Maps
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Dottie! I love the Diamondback one! They are all awesome. (Though, personally, pink isn't my thing. Haha)

I won't be posting my *actual* design until the tail is done. But here is a merman one that Christopher will be using.

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast