Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your tail designs!

Here are a few of mine. I used a doll-maker website to outline my ideas because the website is really fun. :P

Excuse them for looking similar, I had the same idea going into all of them.
    Here is the link for the doll-maker.
    http://www.dolldivine.com/neptunes-d...d-dress-up.php
    ~~ The limit of art cannot be attained -- Egyptian Proverb ~~

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailani View Post
    Dottie! I love the Diamondback one! They are all awesome. (Though, personally, pink isn't my thing. Haha)
    Thanks. I like it, too. Great for somebody in the Rocky Mountain Pod who might want to look dangerous.
    I'm not a pink person, either, but there is a character I want to cosplay as, and she is COMPLETELY pink in one of her skins. The other skin shows too much cleavage, imo.
    I like the Merman design. Great colors.
    I have a design I like a lot, as well, (again, pink, but still cool) but I don't want to share it because its soooooooo different. So much so, that I would have to make it myself. Which I just might do.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Glimmer- Betta~ View Post
    Here are a few of mine. I used a doll-maker website to outline my ideas because the website is really fun. :P
    I love that doll! I'm on there more than I should be.
    I once did all my GSL mer-sisters in it.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

I've read some mers totally are not pink people, then they find a pink fabric and it just calls to them. Haha If it has inspired you, go for it. I don't like blue on myself, and I usually avoid it as a main colour, but my roommate convinced me to get this blue dress and I have yet to find someone who doesn't love it one me. Go figure. I also have a blue (ish) personal design that has 15 extra fins, but I'm hiding it until it can be made. :-P

Also, Dottie, you are one of the winners.

*blush*
    Maybe that's why I want a pink tail, so that when I get embarrassed it doesn't show so much. LOL
    also...
    15 EXTRA FINS? 0.0
    Mermaid Dottie

It's amusing to me because when I started making designs I didn't want pink or blue--I thought pink was too girly and blue blended too much into water. But my favorite design yet has both of them lol! :P

Yup! 15! ;-D

My currently being made tail has blue as an accent colour (That will glow. :-D )

oooh. glow-ness... ^_^
    Mermaid Dottie

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    How do ya'll make those pretty colored-in tails? I wanna learn how to do that myself. Mine always look like a kid fingerpainted on the template
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Petronella View Post
    These are some of the tails I've painted, I designed them too. I'm going to make the green one out of sequins. I'm so excited to start it!
    Attachment 8614
    Beautiful stunning designs!

I'm saving up for a partial silicon Emily Angelfish tail. So I'm designing my tail currently for when I'll be able to order it in the next couple months.

(I love DollDivine, great place for designing)

Name:  Neptunes-Daughter-DollDivine.jpg
Views: 1323
Size:  182.8 KB
    This one shows the primary colors I'm looking into putting into my tail. It also shows the find designs I'm hoping will work out.
    Last edited by MaskedNightingale; 07-17-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Here are 2 tail designs of mine. The blue one is my basic tail from Merbellas about to be completed soon. There is another one I designed for my eventual performance tail but I think I'm gonna keep that under wraps because it's got a few unique points I want to keep hidden for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Here are 2 tail designs of mine. The blue one is my basic tail from Merbellas about to be completed soon. There is another one I designed for my eventual performance tail but I think I'm gonna keep that under wraps because it's got a few unique points I want to keep hidden for now.
    Beautiful!

This one is based on a green puffer fish. I just think they're so cute! Name:  2013-07-19_9-09-08--107_206_90_99--_Neptunes-Daughter-Mermaid-Dress-Up.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  39.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aziara View Post
    How do ya'll make those pretty colored-in tails? I wanna learn how to do that myself. Mine always look like a kid fingerpainted on the template
    I use photoshop.
    The technique this guy uses is pretty much what I do. Just skip past him drawing, and get to the part where he's coloring on the computer.
    Mermaid Dottie

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    I use photoshop.
    The technique this guy uses is pretty much what I do. Just skip past him drawing, and get to the part where he's coloring on the computer.

Thanks for putting this up! <3 I suck at PS and now I have the curage to try again

It's fun, and pretty easy.

Here's my latest free-to-use design. A lily pad Camo tail, on a FinFolk Productions base.
    Name:  lilypadcamotail.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  269.8 KB
    Mermaid Dottie

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    I'm very jelly that almost everyone has a design or designs for future tails and all I have is a base colour everytime I go to do something all I can think is "No, that's not what I want!"
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    I'm very jelly that almost everyone has a design or designs for future tails and all I have is a base colour everytime I go to do something all I can think is "No, that's not what I want!"
    Just keep trying! I'm sort of there myself--every time I make a design, my first thought is 'ehh...almost got it'. The ideas in my head just don't transfer well.

Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast