Thread: waterproof makeup in Australia

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel

waterproof makeup in Australia

Before the administrators move this, I do really want to direct this question at Oceania Mers, rather than the whole network in general.

While I'm aware that there are a lot of options out there for waterproof makeups, (i.e. mermaid minerals) does anyone know any that are available to buy in store.
    Whether it's in a chemist, priceline or whatever. I don't like buying on the internet, so I wanted to know if anyone had any success with a standard brand

I've had luck at my local China Town for mascara, 'Majolica Majorca Lash King' doesn't smudge, even when I rub my eyes constantly while swimming! Otherwise I'd also love to know what else is out there- I want to buy a waterproofing spray but again, the only luck I've had is online ^^;

Follow Elle On Twitter
    I will have to check my local China Town for that one.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Artisankatie's Avatar
    I've had fairly good luck with the Covergirl Exact Eyelights eyeliner, as I have green eyes I use the purple set, and I use the eyeliner as eyeshadow as well, smudging it around a bit. I spent a day shooting at the beach scrubbing at my eyes, and that stuff does not budge
    You can get it in the supermarket. Most mascaras will crumble after a while and look bad, so I tend to avoid those.
    I have a barrier spray but I don't think it works as well as I'd like it to - it keeps my makeup on all day if I'm dry but I haven't tested it much wet. Got that one online though.

Follow Elle On Twitter
    well, looking in a target catalogue yesterday and came across Mayberlline Color Tattoo eye makeup. While it's been available in the US and the UK it's only fairly new here.
    I was intrigued so I looked on youtube and found this rather delightful and reasonably humourous video to test its waterproof-ness.
    I think we have a winner!

http://youtu.be/GTiJ_RvIrlg

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Miel's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Miel's Youtube Channel
    I use Rimmel London's 100% Waterproof Mascara. Priceline has the essence brand Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner that's excellent.
    I also use Ben Nye's Final Seal http://www.scottysmakeup.com.au/Product/Ben-Nye-Matte-Final-Seal.html

Once I have done my eye shadow/all makeup. I spray my face with Final seal, fan it dry. Repeat a few times to get a good coverage and then it's All Waterproof. Good for 2hrs of swimming, longer with goggles on.

I buy my eyeshadow from Cheap as Chips. (a new brand, also available in Kmart... BYS) They are cheap, colourful, bright and sparkly in the fantasy colours that suit mermaids. Not waterproof, but with Final Seal that does not matter.

Good news! I discovered most costume shops stock a water proof spray- you spray it on over your finished makeup! (Similar to what you have Miel! <3 ) Its around $50 for a small bottle, but its worth it if you're doing events and photo shoots!

Junior Member Pod of Oceania MermaidClara's Avatar

Follow MermaidClara on Tumblr
    For me i use ELF cosmetics gel eyeliners for lining my eyes and shadow +extra scaled along with the water proof mascara from ELF, they're only $6 each and super good quality, the basic rule for water proof makeup is that it has to have wax in it

I was wondering myself where you could get some waterproof foundation as I suffer from very bad acne and it being exposed when I'm swimming in general?

Junior Member Pod of Oceania MermaidClara's Avatar

Follow MermaidClara on Tumblr
    mermaid stormy i would get the acne fighting foundation from ELF http://www.elfcosmetics.com.au/colle...ing-foundation its cheap cruelty free and lasts ages but i'd be sure to grab a concealer as well that contains wax in it

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidClara View Post
    mermaid stormy i would get the acne fighting foundation from ELF http://www.elfcosmetics.com.au/colle...ing-foundation its cheap cruelty free and lasts ages but i'd be sure to grab a concealer as well that contains wax in it

Thankyou so much Mermaid Clara !!! this has solved all my problems