Thread: hiding heels?

hiding heels?

So my silicon tail is now underway! With special thanks to a few friends and a new job driving horse carriages, I have all the stuff i need for making my tail, and actually, its already pretty much halfway done. I recieved my Competitor monofin in the mail the other day, and I successfully cut it into a fluke shape. If I owned a camera, I would definately upload some photos. but sadly, no camera, no phone, no webcam.
    Back on topic: Before I get too ahead of myself on making my tail, I was wondering if you mermaids and mermen had any tips in reducing the appearance of your heels in the tail. I've seen a few videos on youtube about professional tails being made and they don't have heels, but thats because the tail is so thick and its for tv shows. so I was just wondering if you guys knew any ways of reducing the appearance of your heels in the tail. Is there something I can stuff into the tail to smooth out the look, or do i just have to pile on the silicon in the appropriate areas to flatten it out?
    When I'm swimming in the water, i usually try to point my toes as much as possible and pretend there's no ankle joint, because that tends to pull in my heels alot and make my legs look more natural. I swim from my abs and knees, I don't bend my ankles for added propulsion. Anyways, all advice is appreciated. When I get enough money, I'll invest in a camera and take lots of pics for you guys.

I'm actually in the process of making my first neoprene tail and my first thought was about hiding or lessening my heals. I was just going to double up on the amount of material along my feet and lower legs. If you are using a fabric or neoprene base you could try this or just increase the amount of silicone you are using in that specific area.

Other than that, you could always try the old movie trick (used in "Peabody") and add a heel fin or some sort of dorsal fin that covers your heel.

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

i can't stop watching your mermaid .gif its got me mesmerized.
    I suppose this is one of those things that you really just have to experiment on and see what works best, isn't it? I'll stick around and do more research, see if anyone else has additional ideas or feedback, do some googling and whatnot. doubling up the fabric seems like it would work really well though. i'll try it.

I think a good way to hide heels is to add fins at the heel area! Check out splash mermaid

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=splas...:0&tx=98&ty=35

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

that kinda looks like Lady Gaga xD its also a really good idea, i think i'll try that.

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    Ok so, I've been working on an idea that would fix the heel problem easy peasy. Now, I'm going to be lame and not mention what it is (not really because I don't want the idea stolen. It's more I want to make sure it actually works before I postulate too much that it will.) So, the point of this rather useless post is give me a few weeks (maybe less) and we may have a permanent solution on our hands.