Thread: Should I buy ?

Should I buy ?

Ok so I'm really not sure if I should buy a mertailor tail or not I want a latex or silicone tail but MVD tails are sooo expensive and the cheap tails aren't realistic so my only option is mertailor (are there other options) but I have heard so many bad things about his tails
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Mertailor tails are very expensive and apparently he is an unreliable businessman.
    If you want to take the risks, that's fine, but it seems they will turn against your favor from all the reviews I've read.

I think your best bet would be to just make one yourself.

It's the cheapest thing to do, and you also can make it however you want and readjust the size easily since you'll be present the entire time you're making it.
    Explore the Tailmaking thread before you decide to buy a tail. It's not as hard as you think. Making a tail is actually a very fun experience.
    It's also super rewarding once you finish :')
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    And, even if you decide to buy a tail later, making your own will help you strengthen your swimming techniques and give you a tail to use while you wait for the 'professional' tail to be constructed ^_^

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

Ok thank you ! My stepfathers friend is a burlesque dancer and she is ordering a latex tail for a show if it goes well I will still try to make a tail but I might take my chances with mertailor
    Last edited by MermaidAubrin; 08-07-2011 at 09:44 PM.
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    It's hard right now because you don't really have much of a choice if you want something realistic. I know of about 3 new realistic tail makers that will be busting out onto the scene in the new year and I know Mike is really full up too. You have to do what you think is right and going to work for you. If you're going to go with mertailor keep track of everything. From the looks of his photos he's been posting I think the days of making individual tails at a time is over, it looks like he does a bunch of tails in bulk and single colours and then when people order them he cuts them to their size with the latex ones. I don't think the latex he's using is safe- while he denies it's Alex I know Raven all ready proved it was by how so many of his tails were turning white in the water.

I think waiting and seeing is good but you may be waiting a while. Maybe before then you might find someone else