Thread: Custom sequin tails, commissions now open!

Custom sequin tails, commissions now open!

I just recently moved to Sarasota FL from Puerto Rico and I really do need to get my work out there as a general costume designer. Since you guys are my favorite forum Im going to start with mermaid tails first and then creep my way back into the cosplaying cominity eventually.
    I noticed that there is no one custom making sequin tails, but there is a recent high demand for them. Since I love working with sequins so much (and I never had much luck with latex/silicon tails) I want to open a few spots for commissions on sequin tails and accessories.

Materials can and will vary depending on your liking. I want these tails to be as personalized as possible and at the same time giving me a chance to work with various materials and designs.
    Im going to make this with steps and material options, basically choose you preferred materials and mono fin + colors and patterns of choice. NO extra charge for amount of colors!

I will be offering the choice of the following:

Neoprene OR Jumbo Lycra

Fully scaled, partial scaled, hand painted + scale patterns, scale patches (prices will vary depending on amount of scales)

Glued scales and/or sewn (there will be an extra charge for hand sewn scales)

Vinyl, lame or fabric fins

Any choice of colored sequins

Hand painting is included of fluke,scales,detailing

Monofins can be bought separately and sent to me if you prefer

Designs will be discussed upon ordering, I will be posting templates very soon to be chosen from if desired.

Tails will start at $500.00 due to the time it takes to hand glue/sew sequins

Name:  IMG_0900.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  179.1 KB

Name:  1346739458-picsay.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  64.7 KB

Name:  1346739476-picsay.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  mer.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  67.0 KB

Photos of drawn designs and tops will be posted soon!

Please email serious inquires to:

ilo.ocean2@gmail.com

Yayyy! I absolutely love your past tails. Congratulations on the move! I went to Sarasota pretty recently and I'm actually planning to go to college there.

Thank you! Yeah Sarasota is awesome, i really love it here and i ope I can find more sucess here than PR. Where are you planning on going to school?

Congrats! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work! Your tails are very beautiful! I love your sense of colour!

I'm planning to go to New College of Florida. Although I won't be going for a good while, since I'm only thirteen. xD

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have a fabric tail, I want to sew sequins on myself but I'm not feeling it. Afraid I'll mess it up. Any chance you'd offer your services just for sequins? I've already got the tail and the monofin

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    How are your glued sequins staying on? No problems with the fabric stretching and them falling off?

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH but im broke so ill just drool

Wow, I love your tail, it's gorgeous!! And the first photo is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I have a fabric tail, I want to sew sequins on myself but I'm not feeling it. Afraid I'll mess it up. Any chance you'd offer your services just for sequins? I've already got the tail and the monofin
    Of course, it would be an honor Raina! Email me or post on here the colors, patterns and how you want them attached. Make sure to send a photo of the tail too! Il estimate a price depending on how elaborate and how many sequins you want.

ilo.ocean2@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by lynsea View Post
    How are your glued sequins staying on? No problems with the fabric stretching and them falling off?
    They are staying on very well, though sequin and fabric tails in general are much more delicate and high maintenence than a silicon or rubber latex tail. If you get one with glued or sewn sequins you will have to re-attach sequins regularly because the sequins themselvs unglue from their own plastic parts after a while.

Awesome!! Your white tail turned out so beautifully, I'm sure this will be a hit I wish I had the money for such, but the best of luck to you with this!!
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Thanks Jade! I really hope so!

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by MerHopefully View Post
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH but im broke so ill just drool

Same here, maybe this emote will help us out
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

So here I am necro posting in this old thread.

Back years ago I hired this lady to put sequins on my old first fabric tail. According to my records,
    On June 24th 2013 we started communicating about her sequinning my old tail.
    In July 2013 I had 5 bags of sequins sent to her, sent her my tail, and she confirmed getting the tail in July. I also sent her a $250 deposit
    She posted a few behind the scenes photos of the tails here on mernetwork but I can't find the thread anywhere. She posted two updates on FB and then disappeared from the mermaid world.
    You can see the thread where I documented it here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...sequinned-tail!

I saw her resurface on tumblr working in the adult industry years later, and on instagram. I tried emailing and contacting her but heard nothing.

I am not worried about the sequins or money at this point. I don't want drama or any kind of war. I just would really like my tail back. It was my first tail ever, and since we're doing the documentary I'd really like to be able to show it in the film as well.

If anyone knows her and wants to pass on my mailing address she can just send it back to me no questions asked! I don't care if it's unfinished. No drama. The tail is just my very first and has sentimental value and it's been 4 years now,