Page 6 of 443 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Here's an up close photo, scaled next to my thumbnail so you see how thin and small this stuff really is. I think because her silicone is tinted white it looks like there is more material than what's actually there. Makes it look thicker when it's really just the silicone behind it.

I can guarantee from my own experience it doesn't effect your ability to wipe it out or clean it or it's stretch.

AniaR, your nails...They're gorgeous. Tell me your secret.
    When I said the seams were gunky, I actually meant the outside. I did snap a few pictures, but I didn't think it was necessary to post them as it's not that big of a deal. Here is what I was talking about when I said gunky:
    Name:  IMG_2098.JPG
Views: 1409
Size:  183.5 KB
    I tried to show it in the video review, but it's really hard to see unless you look at the tail in person. The inside is fine, the seams sit nice against my skin so that's no deal at all. I was just talking about the seams on the outside, where the silicone looks like it was more difficult to work with. The black lines down the sides of my tail do hide them extremely well.

Yes this seems to be something with every tail maker. They get better and better at hiding them but unless there's one body mould for someone there is always seams.

As for my nails, that would be genetics. lol They grow crazy long, and I chop em off so I can play guitar

So I got a message from Raven today, the monofin inside my tail is a Finis Foil, not a Competitor. Which would explain the open toe thing.

Question for anyone who has a Merbella's performance tail: How big are the bottom water-flow vents? (The holes between the two layers of silicone) My Fish Butts tail has vents like that of about half an inch and they gap something awful (could be the stretching of the neoprene, though). I've also had kids stick fingers into them before if I wasn't careful.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

tiny and impossible to see without knowing they're there. Certainly not big enough to stick a finger in, and honestly, water doesn't usually get that far lol

Good to know. Honestly, the Fish Butts holes were small to begin with, until kids put fingers in 'em. The first time it happened I heard, "She's not real! Look, there's a hole!" And my tail was yanked. I squawked and did the usual, "That hurts, don't do that!" But seriously? How the heck did they get that in there, and why did they think that was okay? XP So I was a little nervous when I heard Merbellas tails have similar vents. Good to hear that it won't be a problem.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

it's literally like a tiny slit, not even a hole! This in mine, after a year of non stop use.

I've got two, both in dark paint spots, both along natural grooves in the texturing.

Raina, I'm curious, do your legs get wet when you swim in your tail? Swimming without my legs getting wet sounds so bizarre. xD

yeah they do. I think it's unavoidable because it's practically impossible to make something seal at the waist and stay sealed so water and air doesn't get in. If water and air don't get in, you get suction, and that looks bad. I remember reading that in Splash, she was shrink wrapped with plastic inside the tail to avoid the knees and ankles and leg in costume look, but even then she'd get wet too. If I model in my tail on beaches though, and I sit in waves to take photos etc, my legs don't get wet if the water doesn't come above my waist.

Oh, okay. Thanks! I think I'd prefer my legs get wet anyhow. =P

I'm super psyched to see everyone's tails once they get them...I love to read the reviews, as well.

I've got a plan to start up this job where I'll get to make $10 a day (pretty good for a 13-year-old, haha) and within 300 days I'll have $3,000 to set aside for a Raven tail once I start growing. I'm super psyched. I start on Monday!

Also, does anyone know where the video of the woman in the Merbellas tail at Nemo 33 (I think?) for the Christmas card is? I saw the video a while back but since it was in Flemish/French/Dutch/German (Belgium has too many languages...) I can't seem to find it. I've searched for a while now. >_<
    Last edited by MerEmma; 01-11-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: adding on info

I think AniaR's tail is really interesting because the drainage slits in her tail are on the front of her fluke instead of the bottom between the two layers of silicone. Mine has drainage slits but I can't even fit my pinkie in them. They're like a centimeter long and there's only about 4 of them. The two layers of my fluke sit so tightly together that you literally have to go along the bottom edge of my fluke and use your fingers to try and seperate the layers to find the holes. They're literally invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    Oh, okay. Thanks! I think I'd prefer my legs get wet anyhow. =P

I'm super psyched to see everyone's tails once they get them...I love to read the reviews, as well.

I've got a plan to start up this job where I'll get to make $10 a day (pretty good for a 13-year-old, haha) and within 300 days I'll have $3,000 to set aside for a Raven tail once I start growing. I'm super psyched. I start on Monday!

Also, does anyone know where the video of the woman in the Merbellas tail at Nemo 33 (I think?) for the Christmas card is? I saw the video a while back but since it was in Flemish/French/Dutch/German (Belgium has too many languages...) I can't seem to find it. I've searched for a while now. >_<
    Is this it?

AHHHH YES. THANK YOU. SERIOUSLY.

Remember, I was the first tail. So designs have improved since mine.

Gosh after looking at all of these I just want one so much!! If only I could remember my bank username/password to check how much money I own... lol
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

I have enough for a merbellas, but i'm saving for college Fish Butt in 2 months or less though!!!!!!! SO PUMPED! Oh and I LOVE that mermaid xmas video its awesome!! Those tails are so life-like its amazing!!!
    Mermaids have more fun

Congrats on all that money, Allie! xD
    I'm saving...slowly. lol.

Did anyone see Raven's new fluke design? It's gorgeous; but I can't decide which I like better. :b

Raven's tails are so beautiful. If by some miracle I can afford to buy one in my future, I will most likely order from her.
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012