Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 8841

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Things Raven did before anyone else:

-headdresses with the shells on each side
    -the tops as Katie mentioned
    -extra fins on tops and bracers
    -bracers
    -genuine blended waists (not just painted on)
    -hidden seams
    -unique flukes that as we've seen have been copied to death
    -sculpted seaweed and sculpted octopus bra
    -individual silicone scales you could glue on your skin

^like all these things just didn't exist until she started them but people don't KNOW that or realize it because they just haven't been around long enough, or because others try to take the credit. I remember about 5 or 6 years ago we literally had a post with proof of dates etc. You can probably still find them all listed in this thread.

All these things people take for granted no one realizes Raven invented.
    Oh my goodness those blended waists are amazing and so visionary! I always thought that blended waists were a nice idea but it would be impossible to get the paint to match the skin perfectly. Raven is a freaking genius! Oh I so hope she is still making tails when I can afford to buy one! 🤩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Add Kitson on Facebook
    Raven is such a kindhearted and talented lady . She really cares about if the client is satisfy with her work and listen to client's comment about her design.
    I think she really try her best to make the tails as fast as she can which delivered high quality and beautiful design .
    And this is why so many people want a tail from her and existing clients do return to order more tails and tops.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    honestly i always felt that merbellas was the creme de la creme, you know? her work is beyond the scope of art, and if i could ever afford a tail i would get one.

just makes me a bit sad that the industry is so... idk i'm floundering for words a little bit. like crazy demand from crazy customers who want blackmail and stuff
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    honestly i always felt that merbellas was the creme de la creme, you know? her work is beyond the scope of art, and if i could ever afford a tail i would get one.

just makes me a bit sad that the industry is so... idk i'm floundering for words a little bit. like crazy demand from crazy customers who want blackmail and stuff
    I know exactly what you mean. People are so weird when it comes to purchasing handmade items, and even more so when it is art. I was a part of the cosplay community before it went mainstream, and it was so disheartening to watch this influx of people pulling similar things on my commissioner friends. "I want a full Cinderella ballgown for less than $100, and I want it done in two weeks. If you don't agree to this, you're an elitist jerk who just wants to overcharge me! I'm going to leave a bad review for you because I lied about my measurements and there not enough time to remake it!"

I see the same sorts of attitudes creeping into the mermaid community, and it's really bothering me.

Anyway, it is my dream to get a tail from Merbella, too. I have two of her cuffs, and they're fantastic. I'd even be quite willing to give her full artistic license, because I'm terrible with designing my own tail, lol. But until she opens up more slots, it remains a dream for me.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I really love the jewelry Raven has been making. I'm kind of picky about jewelry - I like colorful and/or unique jewelry and her jewelry has always been spot on at least as far as my tastes go.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    It really has been stunning, as most of her work tends to be. And to hear she is moving to a bigger studio with all the amazing opportunities this will give her is great too.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of Cali
    I agree, her talent and keen eye for design seems to shine through in any new medium she works with; that jewelry is utterly spectacular.
    I'm so excited for their future endeavors with the new studio space and her expanding into jewelry making more.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Im on day 836. Its a struggle not to get down but I am hopeful it will be 2019. I truly truly hope so. Im aching for my tail. I trust Raven though. I know its worth the wait and I know everythings fine. Its just so...hard. Her tails are like diamonds though, highest color, quality, cut, conception and construction. So worth it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    wow that's such a long wait, I'm sorry

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    that is a long wait.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    I was thinking damn, that's a long wait! and then checked my wait time... 923 days, oof.

ahhhh

I’m at 967 right now. It’s encouraging to know that Raven is getting a new set up and I’m hoping the extra space and resources will help the tail-making process less arduous than I’m sure it must be. I understand what it’s like to live with severe social anxiety and I keep that in mind when I think about how difficult it can make communication. I know how lucky I am with my timing - placing my order so soon before Raven decided to cut back significantly on new custom orders - and even as long as I’ve had to wait, I know I’m going to receive an absolute treasure. I remind myself that with every tail she makes, like any artist in their craft, she is improving. The tail I get will be a cumulative result of all the tails that came before it. I just have to stay positive and wait for that email telling me things are underway.

I remind myself that with every tail she makes, like any artist in their craft, she is improving. The tail I get will be a cumulative result of all the tails that came before it. I just have to stay positive and wait for that email telling me things are underway
    AMEN

Hear hear well said!!!!

Senior Member Euro Pod SeaNymph's Avatar
    Yep, that was exactly what I was telling myself during my wait time. Like a mantra, "it will be worth the wait", "I will have a beautiful tail", "just be patient", and all that jazz. When they suddenly canceled my order after 911 days wait time I realized that Merbellas may have improved artistically but not in treating their clients, even loyal and returning ones. Still didn't get any answer from them why they did this to me. I'm still cowardly blocked by them on social media because I asked for explanation. Very unprofessional, I will never trust them again. I really hope that at least you all get your tails. Somewhen. Ever.
    Last edited by SeaNymph; 11-04-2018 at 02:27 AM.
    From Africa: A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor. It´s the rough times that make what you are!

I don't keep track of my day number because I don't want to be dwelling on it all the time (I prefer to celebrate the yearly aniversary of ordering so time doesn't seem to stretch so slowly). But I just did the math for it out of curiosity and I am on day 600 It feels somewhat crazy that it's been that long already but also... like I have been waiting forever!! Lol. I don't expect to see anything for 3 years, so, a ways to go yet.

The last contact I had was when they sent me my sketch in July 2017, which I said I loved with only minor adjustment (asked for an additional set of fins but didn't want her to redo the sketch just for them). Tyler had also posted on facebook at that time to email them about adding extra items to orders, so when I replied I also asked if she would make a matching scale top for me when she did the tail as well (I basically said I wanted to give her total creative freedom and would pay for whatever features she was inspired to include in the design lol). I don't really expect a top sketch or anything as i'm sure she waits to do those until she's got the tail well underway but I do hope they got the email/approval for the sketch. Sometimes I worry that maybe they didn't notice it and my tail progress has been on hold without my knowing but realistically I know they are constantly just very very busy and can't reply to everything.

In the meanwhile I'm going to start measuring myself somewhat often to try to get a baseline idea of my body fluctuation. For those of you who already have tails (especially if you have multiple tails with different fits), any tips/advice? I've read all the threads on sizing here and elsewhere but nice to hear from just Merbellas folks about their personal experience as well. I get so much anxiety thinking about getting my tail and not having it fit correctly after dreaming about it for so long :P
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Really excited for you, it's been a LONG time coming Jade! You've been in this community for as long as I can remember, you deserve a beautiful Merbella!

I'm sitting at 430 days! I know they've been slowing down a little lately so it could easily be double that, but still excited. I switched to the newest fluke design, because it's so unique! And asked for Raven to design a top and headpiece, sending inspo ideas.

Every tail Merbella puts out just seems more beautiful than the last.
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Really excited for you, it's been a LONG time coming Jade! You've been in this community for as long as I can remember, you deserve a beautiful Merbella!
    Thanks Raina! I'll be honest I've felt like I'm pretty detached from the community the last couple years -- my day job takes up so much of my time/energy I don't really post or chat online ever anymore. And being the only mermaid in a small desert town in a low-population state makes in-person meetups pretty impossible. I sort of resigned myself to the fact that a mermaid 'career' (more than a hobby or small side job) isn't really on the table for me but I hope when I can get my merbella tail and move elsewhere (unsure where, but, grad school soon) I will be able to have it be a larger part of my daily life again at least

Folly, agreed, part of me wishes I would have been able to order earlier so I could get a tail sooner, but I also know that with every tail Raven knocks it out of the park, and I keep being more and more amazed. So ordering in these later years has its upsides!
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Page 439 of 443 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443 LastLast