Results 8,761 to 8,764 of 8764

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Things Raven did before anyone else:

-headdresses with the shells on each side
    -the tops as Katie mentioned
    -extra fins on tops and bracers
    -bracers
    -genuine blended waists (not just painted on)
    -hidden seams
    -unique flukes that as we've seen have been copied to death
    -sculpted seaweed and sculpted octopus bra
    -individual silicone scales you could glue on your skin

^like all these things just didn't exist until she started them but people don't KNOW that or realize it because they just haven't been around long enough, or because others try to take the credit. I remember about 5 or 6 years ago we literally had a post with proof of dates etc. You can probably still find them all listed in this thread.

All these things people take for granted no one realizes Raven invented.
    Oh my goodness those blended waists are amazing and so visionary! I always thought that blended waists were a nice idea but it would be impossible to get the paint to match the skin perfectly. Raven is a freaking genius! Oh I so hope she is still making tails when I can afford to buy one! 🤩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Add Kitson on Facebook
    Raven is such a kindhearted and talented lady . She really cares about if the client is satisfy with her work and listen to client's comment about her design.
    I think she really try her best to make the tails as fast as she can which delivered high quality and beautiful design .
    And this is why so many people want a tail from her and existing clients do return to order more tails and tops.

Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    honestly i always felt that merbellas was the creme de la creme, you know? her work is beyond the scope of art, and if i could ever afford a tail i would get one.

just makes me a bit sad that the industry is so... idk i'm floundering for words a little bit. like crazy demand from crazy customers who want blackmail and stuff
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight" - Janet Fitch
    grays harbor mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    honestly i always felt that merbellas was the creme de la creme, you know? her work is beyond the scope of art, and if i could ever afford a tail i would get one.

just makes me a bit sad that the industry is so... idk i'm floundering for words a little bit. like crazy demand from crazy customers who want blackmail and stuff
    I know exactly what you mean. People are so weird when it comes to purchasing handmade items, and even more so when it is art. I was a part of the cosplay community before it went mainstream, and it was so disheartening to watch this influx of people pulling similar things on my commissioner friends. "I want a full Cinderella ballgown for less than $100, and I want it done in two weeks. If you don't agree to this, you're an elitist jerk who just wants to overcharge me! I'm going to leave a bad review for you because I lied about my measurements and there not enough time to remake it!"

I see the same sorts of attitudes creeping into the mermaid community, and it's really bothering me.

Anyway, it is my dream to get a tail from Merbella, too. I have two of her cuffs, and they're fantastic. I'd even be quite willing to give her full artistic license, because I'm terrible with designing my own tail, lol. But until she opens up more slots, it remains a dream for me.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app