Thread: Merbellas Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I feel like Raven is really cranking out the tails lately!!! Is it any of you guys?? I check the facebook group now and then but I get so many notifications I miss a lot. I've noticed Raven is posting/updating more even though she must be super busy. It sounds like the new space they've moved into has really helped open things up for her.

I'm going to be taking my measurements soon and I'm pretty nervous about it. I know people say silicone is stretchy and you can gain/lose a surprising amount of weight without it no longer fitting, but most of my anxiety is actually about ankles/knees, where if it's too small you're pretty stuck. I've never used a competitor monofin (though I hope to buy one to practice in as soon as I can find somewhere to swim again), but the wave spaces my feet out farther than they would if I was just standing, and while I know the competitor is a different style foot pocket, my feet definitely splay a bit as i'm swimming because of the force used in kicking. So I guess I'm worried about those ares being too tight if I measure according to the video with feet/legs held together.

For those of you with silicone tails, do you notice these ares feel especially tight? I have chronic knee problems so I don't want to end up in a scenario where I can't use my tail as often/long as I'd like once I have it because of something like this.

Not keeping track of days exactly but I'm 2 years and several months in. Since ordering my coping method was just to not think about it too much or just as a far-off goal but it's starting to feel real now, seeing everything she's putting out and people getting their stuff!
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I feel like Raven is really cranking out the tails lately!!! Is it any of you guys?? I check the facebook group now and then but I get so many notifications I miss a lot. I've noticed Raven is posting/updating more even though she must be super busy. It sounds like the new space they've moved into has really helped open things up for her.

I'm going to be taking my measurements soon and I'm pretty nervous about it. I know people say silicone is stretchy and you can gain/lose a surprising amount of weight without it no longer fitting, but most of my anxiety is actually about ankles/knees, where if it's too small you're pretty stuck. I've never used a competitor monofin (though I hope to buy one to practice in as soon as I can find somewhere to swim again), but the wave spaces my feet out farther than they would if I was just standing, and while I know the competitor is a different style foot pocket, my feet definitely splay a bit as i'm swimming because of the force used in kicking. So I guess I'm worried about those ares being too tight if I measure according to the video with feet/legs held together.

For those of you with silicone tails, do you notice these ares feel especially tight? I have chronic knee problems so I don't want to end up in a scenario where I can't use my tail as often/long as I'd like once I have it because of something like this.

Not keeping track of days exactly but I'm 2 years and several months in. Since ordering my coping method was just to not think about it too much or just as a far-off goal but it's starting to feel real now, seeing everything she's putting out and people getting their stuff!
    I'm the Froggermaid. (frog tail) got mine end of May. She had moved and had mine put together, just needed to paint it. Apparently, I was the 1st from the new shop. I don't know how she's able to crank them out, but I know since mine was a custom fluke, hip, ankle, and matching top, I knew it would be a long wait. Then I got pregnant. So my wait became longer.

I'm about 20lbs heavier than when I gave her my measurements. It's a little tight around the ankles, which makes it wrinkle, which makes it seem short. So it fits, but yes, it's tight. It's not so tight that it's uncomfortable, or not usable.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app