Page 102 of 443 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 8841

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephina View Post
    So I know there are several mers with the neoprene backed tails from merbellas, I'm curious to know from one of you guys if they get heavy, or hard to lift the fluke out of the water. I'm saving up for a new tail because the Mertailor one I have is just getting cumbersome, falling apart (and I've only swam in it like 15 times), and I find I get bruises on my feet from trying to work the tail due to it getting so heavy. Is this something that is just par for the course on neoprene backed tails, or is just an issue with the Mertailors tail?
    Heavier/harder to swim IN the water? Not really. Hard to lift the fluke? Yes. I tried doing a couple of shots the other day and the photographer was like 'can you lift the tail out of the water some more?' and I was like "Not really" I'd usually have to change the pose I was doing to get more out of my legs. As for lifting up the fluke... in this picture here:
    Name:  1185258_409712485800238_434192323_n.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  97.0 KB

the fluke had to be constantly moving, so I'd either lift it straight out of the water and she'd do an action/burst shot and then I'd let it flop back down, or I kind of figured out I can wave it back and forth and that helped me keep my balance. But just holding it straight up (like in Raina's sig or in the photo) I was only like that for a few second before the weight pulled me sideways haha!

It is also MUCH heavier out of the water once you've swum in it (a perfect way to end a long swim and you're all tired).

I think Octavia, Raina and Mer-Crazy hit the nail on the head lol
    Facebook~ Youtube ~ Instagram
    ~ Phoenix Mermaid ~

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    It's funny cuz I will fall over sometimes because it's so wide and the balance thing just makes me go flying... haha but yeah I honestly have no trouble holding it up. It also doesn't collect water so that helps. but keep in mind I don't have neoprene

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Ah, well, I suppose that a real mermaid might be a little unstable out of the water as well Great, now I get to look forward to falling over every time I try doing that pose LOL!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Hey y'all so I literally spent the last few hours just reading every page of this thread, lol. I currently have a fabric tail that I made, but I'm saving up for one of ravens basic tails!!! They are soooo beautiful, I must have one! :P all of y'all's tails are so perfect!
    "The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea​" ~Isak Dinesen

Whoa.... haha weird dream.

Sorta.

In my dream, my tail was suddenly here! Like with no warning from Raven or anything. I was so surprised. Haha I was also nervous because I hadn't received any pictures of my tail before she sent it. I left it there and didn't open it for like two days. When I finally cut the tape, I only opened the flap and didn't get to see the tail. XD I don't know what happened that prevented me from fully opening it.

So, yeap!

Edit: I know Raven would never do that. XP
    Last edited by Mermaid Kalliope; 09-07-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Yay I got acreplay from Raven telling me my Ariel brais nearly finished! And she would send it out this week together with my tail glue to fix the waist ^^ *happy*

Also: I finally had the time to write a review

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...0396#post90396

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yay for people writing reviews, I wish more would!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Yay for people writing reviews, I wish more would!
    Yes! Becouse there aren't many, I really took the time to make my own for people to read. I hope it's usefull. ^^

Raina, I must say... your tail just GLOWS now. I mean... wow. I had never *quite* realised the difference in paint job. Your tail really speaks as an example of Raven's skill.

Also, side note, I'll be writing a review for your book when I get back on a proper computer. :-)
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

I'd say the ability to lift the fluke out of the water is another pro for the performance tails. The fluke is COMPLETELY glued down so no water gets in it at all. It goes down to the end of the foot pockets and after that it's sealed off. Yeah, the fluke is heavy, but it's JUST the weight of the fluke you're dealing with, not water weight in there or extra weight of wet material. Since I have a competitor monofin it's even easier since the fin acts like the fluke's "bone" I guess you could say. I can actually do hand stands in my tail in a pool! I can do the classic "fluke up" pose pretty indefinitely. And I can do things like this (thumbnails, click for larger image).

I'll be writing a review for sure! I just like to use a product for a while before reviewing to be able to give more complete information on the product and also on wear and tear a few months in.
    Last edited by Winged Mermaid; 09-09-2013 at 02:43 AM. Reason: fixed image error

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

OMG... I completely forgot to do my review about my tail from Magictail.

Oh one suick question:.after a 4 to 5 times of swimming in my (basic) tail, is it recommended to give the tail a bath with baking soda? And for how long/ how much baking soda? I always rise my tail with water every time I had a swim in it. But now the inside is a bit smelly (It dried properly!). Thanks!

(I know this is somewhere in the tail care trezd, but I can't seem to find it asap)

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Starfish View Post
    Oh one suick question:.after a 4 to 5 times of swimming in my (basic) tail, is it recommended to give the tail a bath with baking soda? And for how long/ how much baking soda? I always rise my tail with water every time I had a swim in it. But now the inside is a bit smelly (It dried properly!). Thanks!

(I know this is somewhere in the tail care trezd, but I can't seem to find it asap)
    Mine's not silicone but I did notice the same funky smell from my neoprene tail and what I did was soak it in a cold water bath with antibacterial soap. I can turn mine inside out, so I did one soak on the outside, rinsed, turned it inside out and did another soap bath, rinsed and dried it. It was a very mild hand soap and the smell went away!
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Merbellas Thread

Baking soda soaks are to neutralize the acidic effects of chlorine directly after a swim to prevent damage to your tail. How much and how long is your best judgement. Sometimes I do a rinse, sometimes a soak, sometimes for a few hrs sometimes overnight.

The smell issue is due to bacteria growth. You can use a white vinegar rinse (1:1 ratio water and vinegar mix). You can use antibacterial soap but it may be harsh on the materials, which is why most people use vinegar as it's a very benign cleaner. You can also use special wet suit cleaner (linked in tail care thread) that will do a great job and is made for that material.
    For people with full silicone tails that's when you bust out the sex toy cleaner. Mine got a funky smell 10 swims in and using the toy cleaner all inside of it got rid of it.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Baking soda soaks are to neutralize the acidic effects of chlorine directly after a swim to prevent damage to your tail. How much and how long is your best judgement. Sometimes I do a rinse, sometimes a soak, sometimes for a few hrs sometimes overnight.

The smell issue is due to bacteria growth. You can use a white vinegar rinse (1:1 ratio water and vinegar mix). You can use antibacterial soap but it may be harsh on the materials, which is why most people use vinegar as it's a very benign cleaner. You can also use special wet suit cleaner (linked in tail care thread) that will do a great job and is made for that material.
    For people with full silicone tails that's when you bust out the sex toy cleaner. Mine got a funky smell 10 swims in and using the toy cleaner all inside of it got rid of it.
    Iona, my public poor is using Chlorine for their water (although i don't know the amount within...).
    My tail is a blue magictail so it's made of fabric. Recently, after 4 swims, i understood that i had to rinse my tail right after the swim and sometime with mild soap to avoid the damages. What about white vinegar? Do you think this is something that i can use for this kind of material?

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    Thanks MerEmma

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post

So a white vinegar mix it is! Thank you!

Page 102 of 443 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast