Page 2 of 443 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    For all the people who have apparently ordered ones, we certainly don't hear a lot about it. I wonder why.
    She posted about the circumstances frequently on her FB page, right after her surge of summer orders, the silicone distributors went on back order and they didn't even notify the people who had placed orders. So they waited a while for the silicone and then when they finally called found out they were back ordered and had NO IDEA when they'd be able to send them new stuff. Then, her partner got a new job which left her to do the entire job by herself, and she wasn't even home in her studio to do it- she was staying with an extended family member. So when she was able to make the tails finally when things came through she literally pulled all nighters doing them in order from when they were ordered as silicone came in. When all this happened, they had stopped taking orders, and all the silicone didn't come at once. Then she got sick @_@. I couldn't exactly fly over and help so I tried to give some suggestions for managing the emails. You gotta realize, she'd have the email that were just questions, the emails of people who wanted to buy and hadn't read that she wasn't taking orders, the emails that were just fans,people who wanted to book her or book her mermaids, then every person who ordered a tail wanted multiple updates. She could sit there for a day and filter emails and reply, or spend the day making the tails, so she decided to make the tails. I taught her how to change some email settings to help her filter some things, and we realized she wasn't even GETTING some of the emails (which was also posted about on FB) and how to set up automated responses that gave answers to frequently asked questions. She also decided to save time she'd only be sending 1 process pic during the tail making, of when the tail was starting to be painted. Before that, they all look the same generally. And painting is the important step to make sure you're conveying what the person wants.

She did post these things multiple times on her FB, and let people know that despite the delays she was still striving to put things in the mail as soon as possible. She sent lots of stuff out without even getting to take a photo of it She also said on FB she'll be compensating people who had to wait a super long time with extra gifts.

There's a LOT of pressure as I'm sure Jesse, Stevi, and other tail makers will tell you, not to repeat mistakes others have made, and to live up to very high expectations. Originally Raven was only doing one order at a time but the demand became too big so she decided to take on more and stuff like this happens. At the very least she did her best to keep people updated as a whole (I realize people want individual emails, but working 100% by herself that just wasn't possible) and compensate. I think she learned a heck of a lot through this whole thing, and how she'll do some things differently, but honestly there's not a whole lot you can do when the people supplying your silicone don't come through

I'm just thankful people are being so kind, patient, and good about it. Having Raven as a friend I see stuff the public doesn't get to see and I KNOW how hard she works to make sure she lives up to everyone's expectations. She takes it very seriously and wants every mer to have their perfect dream tail and she puts a lot of pressure on herself to make sure it's absolutely perfect the first time. I had to wait a long time for my tail, it was delayed for a lot of reasons I didn't know at first and once I found out, I was frustrated but I could totally see how there wasn't anything anyone can do. I can promise you, all that melts away the instant that giant-ass box shows up at your house and you pull that beast out of the packing peanuts !!! You're going to have the best freaking tail of your life and it'll last your life. Mine was the first silicone she made, and she's learned so much since then, and mine was made thinner than any other silicone tail on the market and I'm telling you, the thing has taken a beating and doesn't show it!!!

And just to drive you even more crazy...

one day, i will have a beautiful raven tail. she is such a wonderful artist.
    IN THE MEANTIME, i love love love my fish butts tail

i do wish i could get a top from raven, but im relatively broke.

​formerly Mermaid Brianna

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Annariea View Post
    one day, i will have a beautiful raven tail. she is such a wonderful artist.
    IN THE MEANTIME, i love love love my fish butts tail

i do wish i could get a top from raven, but im relatively broke.
    me too! she's so ...:squee!:

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I placed an order and am so excited to receive my tail they're just so beautiful!

Congrats Freshwater!

Quote Originally Posted by The Freshwater Mermaid View Post
    I placed an order and am so excited to receive my tail they're just so beautiful!
    Woohoo! *high fives* May I ask what the design for yours is going to be?

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Oh, and you too, Thalassa! Congrats on getting your new tail

Thanks, Kalani!

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

Whats your tail gonna be like Thalassa?
    formerly merana

My tail is based off of a steelhead trout (aka rainbow trout):

Name:  Steelhead_Trout_-_IN.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  32.6 KB

I love the speckles and colors, and hopefully this will be pretty unique. I'm getting two sets of little fins wherever Raven wants to put them. Other than that, I gave her carte blanche to do what she wants. I'm also lucky enough to have gotten in on her Cyber Monday sale, so I'm getting a top and headdress to match my tail. I'm super excited to see what she does with them!

EDIT: I know this goes without saying, but please don't steal my idea.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

That is going to look so cool! Cant wait to see everyone's Merbella Tails

Dr Seaweed was actually making one like that last year, but he's been AFK for like, a year now. So not stealing, but just in case it ends up coming up again I think it'll look lovely on you.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Dr Seaweed was actually making one like that last year, but he's been AFK for like, a year now. So not stealing, but just in case it ends up coming up again I think it'll look lovely on you.
    Thanks for telling me, Raina! I actually came up with the rainbow trout because I liked the speckles on Raven's tails and I just googled for something similar in green. XP I thought rainbow trout was perfect, because that was the first fish I ever saw outside a fish tank! ;-) I'm excited to see what other mers tails look like!

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

^Pretty!^
    formerly merana

I was thinking royal blue and I don't know what else yet

For those who've had a tail made, does Raven send you measurement instructions only when she's ready to work on your tail, or does she send it fairly soon after you've paid? I just want to make sure I'm not missing an email. ;-)

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

I just sent her an email when I was reading for the measurement chart she told me to make the subject line in the email obvious and obnoxious so it doesn't get lost in the flood of emails she receives

I believe she sent me an email asking fort measurements after I sent her the first payment. Then she started on my tail after I sent her the final payment. I don't think she sent instructions on measuring, but I already knew where to measure and I think she has some measuring info on one of her sites.

Thanks, everymer! I searched my emails and found out I did miss an email from her. I've asked her to resent her measurement chart. Fins crossed I get the email this time!

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

Raven just posted a FAQ I thought I'd copy and paste it here!!! You can also view it on their FB here https://www.facebook.com/notes/merma...55537217835697

Hoping this might help answer some of the questions we get all the time

1. How much are your tails?
    We basically have two types of tails right now. The basic tail for $1,000.00 and the performance tail for $3,000.00.

2. How much are extra fins?
    Fins are only available for our performance tail and they are $75.00 a set. They are very customizable and can be placed pretty much anywhere on your tail.
    Dorsal fins are $250.00. Again very customizable just send us your ideas and we will do our best to bring it to life.

3. What are the differences between the two types of tails?
    here are some of the main differences
    -The basic design is neoprene lined and the performance tail is pure silicone.
    -We do not offer any extra fins for the basic design.
    -The basic design comes with s finis wave for the monofin the performance tail comes with the finis competitor (or te finis foil for a flowy fluke)
    -The basic design features a simple fluke texture. The performance tails have much more elaborate and detailed flukes to choose from.
    -The basic design generally weighs between 10-15 lbs. the performance tails average 20-25lbs.
    -BOTH are swimmable, and intended for water use.
    -BOTH include full custom coloring.
    -BOTH are made from a platinum cure silicone called DragonSkin.

4.Do you sell latex tail?
    No, we no longer work with latex rubber materials.

5. Can I get a Basic tail with a competitor monofin?
    YES! We can install any monofin into the basic tail for an additional cost.

6. Do you need any mermaid models?
    Currently we like to use our clients to advertise our products. We do occasionally need extra models for photo/video projects so if you are local and would like to send us your portfolio you can email us at merbellastudios@gmail.com also you can keep an eye on our page for any casting calls in the future.

7. Is it extra for colors?
    NOPE! We do not charge any extra for color or design. Our goal is to create your dream tail. We do not charge extra but the more elaborate your design is the more time might be added to production time.

8. Whats the production time?
    Currently 90-120days. We do work very hard to get orders completed as quickly as possible, but this is Art and we are more concerned with making sure you receive the BEST possible product even if it takes a little longer.

9. Is there a rush option?
    yes, for an additional $450 we can rush your order if you need to be bumped to the front of the line. Please contact us before hand so we can determine if we can meet your deadline.

10. Why are your tails so expensive?
    Well for states the materials themselves are EXTREMELY expensive. Also its not an easy process, very difficult. Simply our tails are priced at what we believe they are worth. We do our best to keep costs as low as we can but there are also several other less expensive options (as well as more expensive) on the market today if these are out of your budget.

11. Can you teach me how to make tails/will you tell me how you make your tails?
    No. Sorry, but thats not what this business is for. Theres lots of info out there on the world wide web that can help you if your looking to make your own tail

12. How much is shipping?
    Each tail is different so the price does vary depending on the tail and where the tail is going. We now ship COD (collect on delivery ) with FedEx. Basically means you pay FedEx directly to receive your tail when they deliver it.

13. do you ship out of the country?
    Yes, we ship all over!

14. I've emailed you several times with no response, whats the deal?
    We apologize for this, and are continuously working on the problem. We get FLOODED with emails on the daily. Mostly from a younger crowd, We can't tell you how many times we have taken the time to email back and forth with a "Potential client" only to discover they were only 11. We Get several emails constantly asking questions that are already answered on this page. SO please title your email "READY TO ORDER" and try to include as much information about your order in your email. Heres an example of a perfect email..

"Hello, my name is BLANK. I am interested in placing an order for a BASIC/PERFORMANCE tail.
    I have funds available and I'm ready to pay. I also have a design drawn out for you to use as reference for colors, etc.
    Please email me and let me know if you are available for taking orders.
    Thank you for your consideration."

If you do have any questions that are not already answered here you can email us and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can.
    But if you send us an email that just says "How much are your tails?" you probably wont get a response. (we get hundreds of these)
    We will also try to keep updating this FAQ

Hopefully this will help answer some questions you might have, and a big THANK YOU to our fans who help us out constantly by answering questions on our wall or directing people to the answers for us. You guys are the best