Page 3 of 443 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Merbellas Thread

^ Oh that is perfect! Thank you so much Raina and Raven!! I was *this* close to asking her myself if I could have the Wave swapped out in the basic tail for the Competitor. I am one happy fish!

Can anyone post an example of her basic tails? I can't tell if any if the photos on this thread are or if they are all performance.

^ I know what you mean.
    One thing I've been wanting to see from Raven is a video with a specific showing of the different tails to show so I know which is which. I've also been wanting to see the differences specifically between a competitor, a wave, a foil, & an Oceanika so I know what the flukes look like in the water. :P

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    I often dream of the day when I will own a Mermaid Raven tail *gets all googley eyed *
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

yeah, i would certainly like to see the difference as whether to know if i should save for a basic or a performance tail.
    Mermaid Eris~
    Open the oyster that is your heart
    Accept the grain of sand that is love
    And blossom into the beautiful pearl you know you can be.

I think Meshpa is in a few videos wearing a basic silicone tail lined with neoprene. But I'm not sure. I can't quite think of which tail it is.

^ I know. Thing is, I can't tell which is Meshpa.

she's the one wearing the scale corset top on the first page of this thread

No, I mean I know which is her in the clips where I can see her face. But in the videos swimming and such I can't tell because the camera is so far away.

Union of Pods of the North
    Add Sephina on Facebook
    Follow Sephina on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lexia View Post
    I've been trying to get a hold of her for the last few months though... And I've tried every possible way to get a hold of her, even the official email. I've even said in everything I've sent her that I WANT to buy a custom top, but still nothing... hopefully its not the same when I go to order a tail from her eventually
    I'm the same size and I've contacted Raven about getting an Abalone style top from her. The hard part is just finding the larger shells and then she can do the top no problem. I'm sure if you contacted her she could whip something up for you! I know she's keeping an eye out for shells for me, She can probably do the same for you!

LOL you know all this stuff is right on her fb page...?

Basic Tail:

It's silicone on neoprene and doesn't come with extra fins.

This is one too, though she is no longer offering extra fins with the basic model

You compare that with the performance tails that have a competitor monofin (more expensive + bigger) and is silicone without neoprene, with the option of extra fins and dorsal etc

Meshpa is wearing the basic tail in this video, the green one with spots

I only kind of knew which was which...I never noticed the photos being labeled as what they were? I just saw the photos alone and I don't recall every seeing any labels (which on a few I actively seek'ed out). But thank you for the clarification!

Same here Emma. I guess that's a good thing that we can't tell though, huh?

I didn't know if her basic tails had raised scales as well or were more imprinted. I wonder if she could make a basic tail with a competitor if I sent her the one I already have.

they're all sculpted scales

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Can anyone post an example of her basic tails? I can't tell if any if the photos on this thread are or if they are all performance.
    Thanks for asking this. The website is not as clear as I would hope to see the difference. Someone might have already answered but thanks for asking!

Thank you Steph! (you are ALWAYS so wonderful)

We are working on some comparison photos/videos to post to help show the difference right now. The Basic tail does have molded scales NOT imprinted scales. I didn't think they looked so similar but a lot of people are having a hard time telling the difference. We have also tweaked a few things to help them look a bit more unique.

Hope that helps!
    <3
    My Esty store where I sell all my mermaid accessories: http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeCupOfTea?ref=si_shop

Merbellas facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerBel...7330119?ref=ts

Merbellas YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MerBellas

Website (under construction): Merbellas.com

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidRaven View Post
    Thank you Steph! (you are ALWAYS so wonderful)

We are working on some comparison photos/videos to post to help show the difference right now. The Basic tail does have molded scales NOT imprinted scales. I didn't think they looked so similar but a lot of people are having a hard time telling the difference. We have also tweaked a few things to help them look a bit more unique.

Hope that helps!
    <3
    that is because your so talented at make your tails in such good quality. its hard to make out the difference.
    Mermaid Eris~
    Open the oyster that is your heart
    Accept the grain of sand that is love
    And blossom into the beautiful pearl you know you can be.

check out her latest basic tail she posted!