Page 437 of 443 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 8841

Thread: Merbellas Thread

The long bits on the end of the fluke are gorgeous

Saborigakusei - Your tail has to be one of my new favorites! My boyfriend normally doesn't say much when I show him photos of silicone tails, but he was amazed at yours and said he really loves the color scheme.

Did you ask Raven to do that electric blue paint or was that her idea? I just love that bright blue she uses. It really glows!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Chloe-Marie View Post
    The long bits on the end of the fluke are gorgeous
    Thanks!!! I loooove the look of long, trailing fins<3
    I can't wait to see how it looks in the water! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    Saborigakusei - Your tail has to be one of my new favorites! My boyfriend normally doesn't say much when I show him photos of silicone tails, but he was amazed at yours and said he really loves the color scheme.

Did you ask Raven to do that electric blue paint or was that her idea? I just love that bright blue she uses. It really glows!
    aaaahhh, you are so sweet!!! I asked Raven for copper and light blue, but she chose the actual shades. I didn't give very much direction during the design process.

My mersona's a bit of a hoarder... she loves shiny things, but her treasure tarnishes constantly from exposure to the sea. I picked a color scheme resembling oxidized copper to reflect that.
    ~Azuri the cave siren~

That's an awesome mersona/ design backstory

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cletusk20 View Post
    That's an awesome mersona/ design backstory
    Thanks so much!

Also: first beach trip!

Fun fact: someone on that beach called the cops on me about my octonipples
    ~Azuri the cave siren~

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    those colors go great with your skin.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Quote Originally Posted by saborigakusei View Post
    Thanks so much!

Also: first beach trip!

Fun fact: someone on that beach called the cops on me about my octonipples
    That tail is so gorgeous on you! Btw nice octonippples lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Euro Pod SeaNymph's Avatar
    Hi folks,

normally I would join you now for the waiting game, or rather: the end of three years waiting time and the happy, exciting and curious time before finally getting my tail. Well, I never got it.
    Okay, I am one of the very first Merbella customers and a returning client who already ordered two tails from them (at early 2012 and 2013). I was always very happy with Ravenīs work. Since these tails are old and heavily used by now and have lots of tear and wear, Raven and I agreed that she makes me a new one. I was more than happy with that because I love both Ravenīs artistic talents and the quality of her tails, so I ordered and paid in full at July 2015 for a tail and a top.

Henceforward I was waiting, planning, measuring, thinking about design, changes, new inspirations, etc. You know, all that jazz. Finally, the design was made, and I was left to just wait. I know the game, I didnīt care much to wait year after year, because I already knew the long waiting time for Ravenīs tails from before. I was told it will be worth it, I believed it and continued waiting. I was patient, loyal and always in best and friendly agreement with Raven and Tyler.

At March of this year, 2018, and slowly reaching the 3-year mark, I asked them for some updates. I didnīt get any, instead I was asked to pay extra money because of my special design. I was confused about this unexpected demand because this was never addressed before. In fact, I was a little pissed about that because they just cannot raise prices arbitrary, and if they do, they must tell the clients promptly. But we came to an agreement and everything was okay again. They promised to send me a new sketch. It never came.
    At June 2018 I was asking for the sketch and updates in general. Not getting that new sketch means that they probably did not even start my tail. I got nervous. Their assistant emailed me back that Raven and Tyler had to suffer the loss of their friend and were not available at that time. I didnīt know that, I apologized and asked the assistant instead if perhaps she knows something about my tail order. Next thing she told me was that my order was CANCELED by Raven and Tyler and my money was transferred back. After almost THREE YEARS WAITING. I was deeply shocked and didnīt understand anything anymore. Nobody except us mermaids can empathize what it means to wait, hope, looking forward and long for a tail for THREE YEARS. How hard it can be, to count the months down and get closer, count weeks, count days…. And finally, when in the range of getting the tail, the whole order canceled??!! All dreams, hopes, anticipations destroyed. Heartbreaking. But it got worse: When I begged for explanation, I was told (by the assistant) that Raven and Tyler donīt want to deal with the “increased pressure of this order”. WHATTT????
    First, I thought that they have mistaken me for another person. In this year, 2018, I was asking them twice for updates, this cannot be the “increased pressure”. They never personally apologized, explained or justified their action to me. Neither Raven nor Tyler!!! Since there was nothing wrong between us, no conflict, I didnīt understand the world anymore. When they started to post again at FB and Insta, selling things and stuff, I once again asked them to get in contact with me. But guess what they did? They BLOCKED me and de-friended me. Unbelievable, I have no words for this behavior!! I mean, itīs okay for some moody teens but not for a professional company which should be able to deal with their oldest and most loyal returning clients in an honest, authoritative, adult and reliable way. Not punch them into the face and then sneak away from responsibility. I never thought that a well-known company like Merbella would be able to show such a disrespect for their clients. What they did to me is not just a broken promise, which is bad enough, itīs also a broken contract. However, since I consider myself a very fair person, after all that, I silently waited 1.5 months (until today) to give them the opportunity to get in touch with me and to discuss things privately and peacefully. They should have been able to explain things to me by now. But nothing.

For those of you who want to know the real reason they canceled my order: I have no idea. They never answered. I have some guesses, I think the most likely thought is that because of mainly selling premade tails now they have taken on more custom orders in the past than they can chew now.

Sorry for this long post, my story is NOT meant to be a warning to not order or buy from Merbella, on the contrary, I have made very good experiences with them some years ago. But the possibility that an order can be canceled after 3++ years waiting time for literally no reason is something every new Merbella client should consider. I donīt want another person to get their heart broken and I still have no words to describe how desperately disappointed I am by this company that I once loved and admired so much.
    From Africa: A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor. Itīs the rough times that make what you are!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I've read this a few times and I really don't know what to say except I totally appreciate why you're so hurt. I haven't seen a lot from Merbellas aside from premade stuff. It seems they have a lot on the go. I am like you, yes I have tails, but 3 are so totally worn out that I either need them remade or to get new ones. I was hoping to have my she creature tail refurbished but they were too busy. I ended up having to go with another tail maker just so I can keep my team swimming which is too bad, I would have preferred to keep it all merbellas, but such is life I guess.

Your whole thing just sounds so crazy and confusing. I am glad you at least got your money back but I couldn't imagine waiting that long to have it cancelled. I am so sorry.

it sounds like they hadn't started your tail at all
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Honestly, this sounds like Merbellas is about to go under. Mermaids tend to be far more sympathetic and patient with this sort of thing than any other consumer towards a business, but I've never seen a creator of any kind behave like that to their clients and their company come out of it unscathed. I don't have the same attachment to Raven that a lot of you guys have, so from my unbiased outside opinion, it seems like Raven and her husband are struggling to run their company. Other tailmakers have been growing and hiring on new people to take the burden, but most potential clients have to cross their fingers for even a chance to order a Merbella tail. In the commercial world, this is not a good thing.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Sad to see that happen to crafters of Raven's calibre. If she needs a long break from tailmaking itself, it wouldn't surprise me in the least
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    . How much are your tails?
    • Our tails start at $3,400. Shipping not included.

2. Do you accept ____ for payment?

• We only accept Paypal for payment.

3. How do I order a tail?

4. Do you Accept Payment Plans?

• We do not offer payment plans for first time costumers.
    • We now offer Half and Half Payments for returning tail customers.

5. Whats the production time?

• Current production time is over 2 years. Please email for the most accurate and up to date production time. We do work very hard to get orders completed as quickly as possible, but this is Art and we are more concerned with making sure you receive the BEST possible product even if it takes a little longer.
    decided to check out the faq, and holy cow. money up front in paypal, wait time over two years. but only offering payment plans to returning customers? how are you gonna get returning customers if it takes three years to fill an order?
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    decided to check out the faq, and holy cow. money up front in paypal, wait time over two years. but only offering payment plans to returning customers? how are you gonna get returning customers if it takes three years to fill an order?
    That and you don't really get a say in the design of your tail.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    As one of Raven's customers I feel like that may not be a very fair statement. I had a great deal of say in my design.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

I know her recent commission she opened a spot but she put as a disclosure that she had complete artist freedom for the tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Raven gives her clients a very decent amount of creative control over their tails. The reason it doesn't seem so much like that lately is because she's been opening slots for commissions that specifically give her artistic control. I had a lot of creative control with my tail, both in the initial phase and in the repaint/revamp phase.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post

Haha you'd be surprised. We just really love Raven's tails. I ordered a new one a couple of years ago now (I'm hoping I come up in the queue soon!). For me, it's worth the wait.

I was misremembering her FAQ, sorry. I recalled this part;
    We can design a tail from scratch, just for you. All you need to do is send us some images of yourself, along with a description of yourself, your likes and favorites, and some hobbies or activities you enjoy etc. We can design a tail that will fit your personality.
    And completely forgot the bit before it.
    Make sure you have the funds available. Collect or make any images that will help us create your tail, like color palletes,images, or reference photos. Decide if you want any fins and where.
    I'm still incredibly unimpressed with how difficult it is to even place an order like this and how she's apparently been treating her customers lately.

I used to want a merbella tail (i still do because i think her laint jobs are the best on the market right now) but some of the things that turned me off was that you had to provide all money upfront for something you won't see for 3+ years. And i knew it was really really REALLY hard to even get a hold of them to place an order. (It's also my personal belief that returm customers are possibly treated with priority over new customers when it comes to contact and the queue)

When i heard she was limiting the orders she took i thought that mesnt a quicker turn around time and better communication but i think turn around got even longer?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Page 437 of 443 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441 ... LastLast