Page 438 of 441 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441 LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 8841

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I remind myself that with every tail she makes, like any artist in their craft, she is improving. The tail I get will be a cumulative result of all the tails that came before it. I just have to stay positive and wait for that email telling me things are underway
    AMEN

Hear hear well said!!!!

Senior Member Euro Pod SeaNymph's Avatar
    Yep, that was exactly what I was telling myself during my wait time. Like a mantra, "it will be worth the wait", "I will have a beautiful tail", "just be patient", and all that jazz. When they suddenly canceled my order after 911 days wait time I realized that Merbellas may have improved artistically but not in treating their clients, even loyal and returning ones. Still didn't get any answer from them why they did this to me. I'm still cowardly blocked by them on social media because I asked for explanation. Very unprofessional, I will never trust them again. I really hope that at least you all get your tails. Somewhen. Ever.
    Last edited by SeaNymph; 11-04-2018 at 02:27 AM.
    From Africa: A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor. It´s the rough times that make what you are!

I don't keep track of my day number because I don't want to be dwelling on it all the time (I prefer to celebrate the yearly aniversary of ordering so time doesn't seem to stretch so slowly). But I just did the math for it out of curiosity and I am on day 600 It feels somewhat crazy that it's been that long already but also... like I have been waiting forever!! Lol. I don't expect to see anything for 3 years, so, a ways to go yet.

The last contact I had was when they sent me my sketch in July 2017, which I said I loved with only minor adjustment (asked for an additional set of fins but didn't want her to redo the sketch just for them). Tyler had also posted on facebook at that time to email them about adding extra items to orders, so when I replied I also asked if she would make a matching scale top for me when she did the tail as well (I basically said I wanted to give her total creative freedom and would pay for whatever features she was inspired to include in the design lol). I don't really expect a top sketch or anything as i'm sure she waits to do those until she's got the tail well underway but I do hope they got the email/approval for the sketch. Sometimes I worry that maybe they didn't notice it and my tail progress has been on hold without my knowing but realistically I know they are constantly just very very busy and can't reply to everything.

In the meanwhile I'm going to start measuring myself somewhat often to try to get a baseline idea of my body fluctuation. For those of you who already have tails (especially if you have multiple tails with different fits), any tips/advice? I've read all the threads on sizing here and elsewhere but nice to hear from just Merbellas folks about their personal experience as well. I get so much anxiety thinking about getting my tail and not having it fit correctly after dreaming about it for so long :P
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I don't keep track of my day number because I don't want to be dwelling on it all the time (I prefer to celebrate the yearly aniversary of ordering so time doesn't seem to stretch so slowly). But I just did the math for it out of curiosity and I am on day 600 It feels somewhat crazy that it's been that long already but also... like I have been waiting forever!! Lol. I don't expect to see anything for 3 years, so, a ways to go yet.

The last contact I had was when they sent me my sketch in July 2017, which I said I loved with only minor adjustment (asked for an additional set of fins but didn't want her to redo the sketch just for them). Tyler had also posted on facebook at that time to email them about adding extra items to orders, so when I replied I also asked if she would make a matching scale top for me when she did the tail as well (I basically said I wanted to give her total creative freedom and would pay for whatever features she was inspired to include in the design lol). I don't really expect a top sketch or anything as i'm sure she waits to do those until she's got the tail well underway but I do hope they got the email/approval for the sketch. Sometimes I worry that maybe they didn't notice it and my tail progress has been on hold without my knowing but realistically I know they are constantly just very very busy and can't reply to everything.

In the meanwhile I'm going to start measuring myself somewhat often to try to get a baseline idea of my body fluctuation. For those of you who already have tails (especially if you have multiple tails with different fits), any tips/advice? I've read all the threads on sizing here and elsewhere but nice to hear from just Merbellas folks about their personal experience as well. I get so much anxiety thinking about getting my tail and not having it fit correctly after dreaming about it for so long :P
    Regarding weight fluctuations: my Padmé was made in 2012 (I think?? maybe 13) when I was a fair amount thinner than I am currently. I also had it made on the snug side since I was really worried about gapping (needlessly!!!) I must have gained a solid 3-4 inches around my waist and 2-3 around my hips (around 40 lbs. total.) My tail is very tight and my muffin top is pretty muffiny but honestly I can still get into it fine, and it's not terrible if I'm stretched out to full length. I had a couple of small tears in the top of the blended waist, so I stretched them in and filled them with silicone, kind of 'letting out' the waist a tiny bit. I wouldn't do that intentionally, though. Long story short, you've got some wiggle room with Raven's tails. Don't have it made on the snug side would be my advice.

Really excited for you, it's been a LONG time coming Jade! You've been in this community for as long as I can remember, you deserve a beautiful Merbella!

I'm sitting at 430 days! I know they've been slowing down a little lately so it could easily be double that, but still excited. I switched to the newest fluke design, because it's so unique! And asked for Raven to design a top and headpiece, sending inspo ideas.

Every tail Merbella puts out just seems more beautiful than the last.
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Really excited for you, it's been a LONG time coming Jade! You've been in this community for as long as I can remember, you deserve a beautiful Merbella!
    Thanks Raina! I'll be honest I've felt like I'm pretty detached from the community the last couple years -- my day job takes up so much of my time/energy I don't really post or chat online ever anymore. And being the only mermaid in a small desert town in a low-population state makes in-person meetups pretty impossible. I sort of resigned myself to the fact that a mermaid 'career' (more than a hobby or small side job) isn't really on the table for me but I hope when I can get my merbella tail and move elsewhere (unsure where, but, grad school soon) I will be able to have it be a larger part of my daily life again at least

Folly, agreed, part of me wishes I would have been able to order earlier so I could get a tail sooner, but I also know that with every tail Raven knocks it out of the park, and I keep being more and more amazed. So ordering in these later years has its upsides!
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

I was seriously 20lbs lighter when I first got my tail!

Day 955. Seeing that Raven has moved into her new home and is working on her new cave brightens my spirits! I hope shes full of new creative energies and excited to work on tails! I hope she also has a much better workspace for herself. I know that was a huge issue.

Always nice when tail makers get to level up and get new space! It seems to make a huge difference for everyone.

Does anybody have any idea like about how many orders raven has out at the moment?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    I would say quite a few. I know there were a good couple in front of myself and the other lucky met who landed spots in October of 2017.

Sent from my shellphone.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    I would say quite a few. I know there were a good couple in front of myself and the other lucky met who landed spots in October of 2017.

Sent from my shellphone.
    Wow. Guess I’m not getting one till I’m 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

*shrug* that is one way to look at it. I lucked into my spot in the queue a month before my 25th birthday with an open ended production spot so I don’t have any true idea when my baby will be ready either. May be when I’m 30 May be sooner, but for a dream tail I don’t mind the wait. It has been flying by while I chase other pursuits.

Sent from my shellphone.

For context I’m 19

I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

The trick is to just watch her Facebook page. She often sells premade tails, or will list an open spot. You never know when opportunity might be in your favor.

Sent from my shellphone.

Aw thanks. Maybe one day. I’ve wanted one for a while, but the cost plus the wait time is so discouraging. Hope always.

Day 986. Thankfully its definitely starting to get lighter in the evening here in the Midwest, though we're still bogged down with awful weather the changing sky gives me hope that we might luck into an early spring. I'm hopeful that this will be my year. I am also thankful that I have never seen a color combo like my own tail yet anywhere. I live in fear of someone releasing a tail that looks like my own. It's so incredibly unique I know chances are slim but it's still a fear. I am so thankful to all you mermaids on social media who are bright and happy and lovely in your tails constantly posting pics and videos. You keep my spirits up. I can't wait to join you.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Day 1057! I'm in the quadruple digits club now

I've got my fingers crossed for this summer but we'll see

Page 438 of 441 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441 LastLast