Page 440 of 443 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443 LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 8841

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I don't keep track of my day number because I don't want to be dwelling on it all the time (I prefer to celebrate the yearly aniversary of ordering so time doesn't seem to stretch so slowly). But I just did the math for it out of curiosity and I am on day 600 It feels somewhat crazy that it's been that long already but also... like I have been waiting forever!! Lol. I don't expect to see anything for 3 years, so, a ways to go yet.

The last contact I had was when they sent me my sketch in July 2017, which I said I loved with only minor adjustment (asked for an additional set of fins but didn't want her to redo the sketch just for them). Tyler had also posted on facebook at that time to email them about adding extra items to orders, so when I replied I also asked if she would make a matching scale top for me when she did the tail as well (I basically said I wanted to give her total creative freedom and would pay for whatever features she was inspired to include in the design lol). I don't really expect a top sketch or anything as i'm sure she waits to do those until she's got the tail well underway but I do hope they got the email/approval for the sketch. Sometimes I worry that maybe they didn't notice it and my tail progress has been on hold without my knowing but realistically I know they are constantly just very very busy and can't reply to everything.

In the meanwhile I'm going to start measuring myself somewhat often to try to get a baseline idea of my body fluctuation. For those of you who already have tails (especially if you have multiple tails with different fits), any tips/advice? I've read all the threads on sizing here and elsewhere but nice to hear from just Merbellas folks about their personal experience as well. I get so much anxiety thinking about getting my tail and not having it fit correctly after dreaming about it for so long :P
    Regarding weight fluctuations: my Padmé was made in 2012 (I think?? maybe 13) when I was a fair amount thinner than I am currently. I also had it made on the snug side since I was really worried about gapping (needlessly!!!) I must have gained a solid 3-4 inches around my waist and 2-3 around my hips (around 40 lbs. total.) My tail is very tight and my muffin top is pretty muffiny but honestly I can still get into it fine, and it's not terrible if I'm stretched out to full length. I had a couple of small tears in the top of the blended waist, so I stretched them in and filled them with silicone, kind of 'letting out' the waist a tiny bit. I wouldn't do that intentionally, though. Long story short, you've got some wiggle room with Raven's tails. Don't have it made on the snug side would be my advice.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I was seriously 20lbs lighter when I first got my tail!

Day 955. Seeing that Raven has moved into her new home and is working on her new cave brightens my spirits! I hope shes full of new creative energies and excited to work on tails! I hope she also has a much better workspace for herself. I know that was a huge issue.

Always nice when tail makers get to level up and get new space! It seems to make a huge difference for everyone.

Does anybody have any idea like about how many orders raven has out at the moment?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    I would say quite a few. I know there were a good couple in front of myself and the other lucky met who landed spots in October of 2017.

Sent from my shellphone.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    I would say quite a few. I know there were a good couple in front of myself and the other lucky met who landed spots in October of 2017.

Sent from my shellphone.
    Wow. Guess I’m not getting one till I’m 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

*shrug* that is one way to look at it. I lucked into my spot in the queue a month before my 25th birthday with an open ended production spot so I don’t have any true idea when my baby will be ready either. May be when I’m 30 May be sooner, but for a dream tail I don’t mind the wait. It has been flying by while I chase other pursuits.

Sent from my shellphone.

For context I’m 19

I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

The trick is to just watch her Facebook page. She often sells premade tails, or will list an open spot. You never know when opportunity might be in your favor.

Sent from my shellphone.

Aw thanks. Maybe one day. I’ve wanted one for a while, but the cost plus the wait time is so discouraging. Hope always.

Day 986. Thankfully its definitely starting to get lighter in the evening here in the Midwest, though we're still bogged down with awful weather the changing sky gives me hope that we might luck into an early spring. I'm hopeful that this will be my year. I am also thankful that I have never seen a color combo like my own tail yet anywhere. I live in fear of someone releasing a tail that looks like my own. It's so incredibly unique I know chances are slim but it's still a fear. I am so thankful to all you mermaids on social media who are bright and happy and lovely in your tails constantly posting pics and videos. You keep my spirits up. I can't wait to join you.

Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Day 1057! I'm in the quadruple digits club now

I've got my fingers crossed for this summer but we'll see

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of Cali
    Oh wow Theta, I think your wait began as mine was nearing it's end some years ago. Your patience is amazing!! Raven's work is definitely worth the wait! I have two of her tails and I've never regretted the waits when the day of delivery arrived. Her art is magnificent. Sending lots of good vibes to everyone waiting patiently for their dream Merbellas!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I admire you all. I would love to own another Raven tail but I just don't know what my life will be like in 3 years and with the CAD dollar continuing to tank, her tails will be 7-8k in my money, plus import, plus shipping! Back when I first got my tails and my used ones we were on par with the US or close to it and it made such a huge difference because I wouldn't have to factor in that extra 20-25% price difference. I feel like with the way economics are going I will never see that again lol. Even if I could afford a premade right now, my body dimensions have changed so much I doubt I'd fit in one.

So I just oogle you all from a far bahaha and shell-e-brate your unboxing videos!

Follow Theta on Tumblr
    You could save on import fees, at any rate - you know I'd smuggle that shit over the border to you.

"Anything to declare?"

"Nothing, officer."

"Is that a false bottom in the bed of your station wagon?"

"...No, officer."

"Are those mermaid tails?"

".......THE JIG IS UP!!! GUN IT!!!!"

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    Day 1057! I'm in the quadruple digits club now

I've got my fingers crossed for this summer but we'll see
    1460 -ish days here... ~4 years. Part of it my fault as I got pregnant and had a preemie, so life was crazy for about a year for us.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Does anyone know if raven even still takes orders for tails? And does she take money upfront and then your wait time begins? Honestly she is my dream tail maker and her paining is flawless! I have ordered a silicone from Mernation because they are amazing to but my dream is still a merbellas tail! My favorite fluke ever was Raina’s she creature but I don’t believe raven offers that one anymore! The next dream fluke I have is the lunar koi. It will prob take me a few years to save up the cash! And then once I pay her the web sight says a 2 year weight time! But I have not seen any new tail made by her in a very long time! Anyone get to order once recently?

Or is she gonna be the one tail maker that got away and I should prob get over it and look for someone else as a dream tail maker even thow it would break my heart!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Raven does still take tails just not super often from what I've seen. She will post to her FB page when they have openings with a deadline to apply usually, once the deadline finishes she lets the folks who secured the slots know and they discuss the total price. From there if I recall its a 72 hour window from receipt of the invoice to pay in full and then the time starts. If you cannot pay in full in that time window the spot is forfeit.

Your best bet is when she sells premade tails to be honest. She does take orders but she doesn't do it often. I havent seen any new order slots in a long time. She also requires full creative control now I think. The wait time is more like 3-4 years. I think right now she's more focused on making jewelry and accessories than tails since that's what we see most and those sell extremely fast. Her jewelry is super cool. For flukes, you can only pull so many times on a mold before it's gone and they do wear out with time, I assume maybe the she creature mold maybe finally just got an imperfection that affected the silicone pull from it and just gave out.

Page 440 of 443 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443 LastLast