Page 51 of 443 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 8841

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    awesome. But just be careful, that are people who actively search the forums for stuff to copy

That is why I'm not posting the whole design. Actually, my mom asked me if there is a way to copyright my design so no one makes a duplicate or so Raven doesn't make another (which I know she won't, but try explaining that to my paranoid mother with anxiety. )

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Raven finally found my emails!!! She gave me a few picture examples of the general idea she has and my headdress is going to be royal and elaborate with pearls and crystals!! IM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY I COULD CRY.

<a href="http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/merbella-tail-fundraiser/x/2689131">Donation Pool</a> - Etsy - DeviantArt - Facebook - Twitter

SUPER exciting! I also heard back from her just a bit ago and it was confirmed, I need to get my mum to help me get the package ready to ship. :P Need money for the postage and such, hahaha.

I'm so excited about all this I don't even know what to do with myself. If I'm this happy over a headdress I cant even comprehend what's going to happen when I eventually order the tail.

<a href="http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/merbella-tail-fundraiser/x/2689131">Donation Pool</a> - Etsy - DeviantArt - Facebook - Twitter

Yay! So happy for you, Aurora! I know she checked the thread earlier today. :-)

I can't wait to see the head dress! Eeee! I eventually want to add to my mer, but I want to wait until I a - get the tail and swim in it a lot to feel what my mersona wants and b - I get more money. XD Haha

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    Blargh! As I sit in wait for Raven to take new orders, and have been editing and re-editing the email in my draft folder, I find myself having major issues over monofin choice (something I've been talking with MerEmma about). I had my heart set for a long time on a Competitor upgrade because I like the idea of having more power in the water and I love the big, wide, whale-tail shape of her Merbella fluke and figured that'd be a good way to replicate it in a Basic tail.

But now that I've seen the most recent photoshoot with a Merfin in a Basic tail, I've started considering that even though I was never too keen on the Merfin shape but, man, what Raven does with the silicone and paint-styling makes it very appealing...plus I like the flow/flop of the Merfin while still having some getup and go in the water. But then there is the Wave, which comes standard, and which I'm used to...I know it doesn't hurt my feet and feel it gives me decent power in the water and is not super stiff...basically one less thing to have to get used to in a new tail. And I've seen Basic tails with the Wave that are pretty large and wide otherwise and would therefore flop a bit more than with a Competitor. And I'm not one to need a really floppy tail, but I don't necessarily want a super stiff one either...but also not totally against a stiffer one. And again I say: Blargh!

Obviously there are pros and cons to each...power, fit, feel, stiffness vs. flop/flow, shape, size, price...eep! I will be doing dry events but also want to do plenty of swimming, so that doesn't help make my decision either. I am terrible at making decisions and I'm not sure what to do except to let Raven give some suggestions/thoughts once we start discussing design (that is, if I am able to get my order in on the next round of orders she takes, since she takes so few Basic tail orders

Anyhow, just venting a bit with my chronic indecisiveness. It's like being at a restaurant and the longer you wait for the server the more you consider other options and the harder it is to decide.

My Mum suffers terribly from the restaurant problem you speak of. xD

Good luck deciding...hopefully it won't come down to the good ole' eeny-meany-miney-moe. D:

It might come down to eeny meeny miney moe!

And I just totally sent my draft email to Raven by accident while I was editing it a moment ago...that dang "send" button is right next to "save". So then I sent a quick apology email. Like she needs more emails clogging up her box when she hasn't even said she's taking orders. Whoops!!!! Hope that doesn't red-flag me for being too persistent!

I'm sure she'll understand. But I've done that one too many times before, too...oops. Usually for me I don't put the addressee if it's something important that will need work.

Yeah, you know, that would've been a smart move to not put the addressee in there...that's usually what I do so I don't know why I went ahead and put it on there this time. As I am typing this she already has replied to me and said no problem

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I love my competitor fin!

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WavyMermaidy View Post
    Obviously there are pros and cons to each...power, fit, feel, stiffness vs. flop/flow, shape, size, price...eep! I will be doing dry events but also want to do plenty of swimming, so that doesn't help make my decision either. I am terrible at making decisions and I'm not sure what to do except to let Raven give some suggestions/thoughts once

Anyhow, just venting a bit with my chronic indecisiveness. It's like being at a restaurant and the longer you wait for the server the more you consider other options and the harder it is to decide.
    Ahhh, I know of which you suffer, I do too, and I call it "analysis paralysis"! So true, the longer you wait the more complex the decision becomes! Please let us know what you decide and why... I am thinking about a monofin too, and would like to know your thoughts concerning your final decision! At least you have the Wave to compare to, I only have my fins. Oh the learning curve is immense!

((Hugz)) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

I would say to get the competitor because of size and performance. It also seems to have a decent flop. But! If you put the wave in and get a wider fluke, everything that isn't on the monofin will be floppy and flowy. Just remember that floppier flukes are harder to controln during dry events.

Hope that helps! ♥♥

To be honest, I LOVE the flop of my tail in the water! But... after recently purchasing a competitor, I wish I had saved up a little more to upgrade to one in my Basic tail. I swim a lot in the ocean, and I plan to do a lot more ocean swimming once winter is over (darn Southern Hemisphere!) and it would've been the smarter choice. However, even with the Wave my tail still gives lots of push

Yeah, I have a wave and if the current is fair I can swim, but anything remotely strong starts becoming an issue. I can swim well enough not to drown, but I don't have enough power to get anywhere. :-(

So, if you plan on doing ANY ocean swimming, I highly recommend the competitor.

I've been swimming with a Tempo (between Wave and Rapid sized, was discontinued a few years back) for years, and in open it becomes frustrating with how much harder it takes to get anywhere. Even in a lake. The wave smaller in size and is much more bendy than the tempo so I don't think that would be good for open water or ocean swimming. I've swam with a bare competitor in a pool before side by side with a wave and tempo and MAN does that thing have serous kick compared to the others! I ordered a competitor in my tail becuase there are a lot of lakes and ocean around here, and heck if I'mma spend $3,500 on a tail, go big or go home. Plus the ability to lift and control the fluke that I talked about earlier in the thread, but I don't imagine that's an issue with the basic tails.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Thanks for the input, guys...I really appreciate it! Seems like the general consensus here leans towards the Competitor, and since that was my initial plan that's probably the way to go. I haven't gone ocean swimming yet (just springs so far) but I live a block from the beach so its definitely in the plans. This weekend we had major rip currents (100 people pulled out of the surf on Sunday) so the current is often an issue. And with the suggestions about being easier to lift and such in general and for dry events...eh, I'm definitely leaning back the Competitor way. And like Iona says, go big or go home when you are already spending the $$$.

MerMarla: Love the "analysis paralysis"!!! That's a very appropriate name for it. And see, all that worry and I'm just right back where I started...which I think is typical of that affliction as well.

By the way Isabela your photoshoot with the new tail is AWESOME!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHH I WANT A MERBELLAS TAIL SOOO BAD D:

​formerly Mermaid Brianna

Page 51 of 443 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast