Page 54 of 443 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 8841

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Yeah, I thought it was just my dodgy measuring which caused it XD
    And thank you Kailani! :3 I wanted a cute caricature to use around the place, so I drew one up ^_^

I sew too! ( I used to be a cosplayer, before I gave that up. ) But at the time my measurements were sent, Raven asked for the SIDE measurements of your legs. Not the back. I think she changed that now though. Not sure.

Ah crap X_x That makes 5 people who have gotten tails from her that seem to be shy on length in the back. When my order was place the top measurement was for specifically around the belly button, so that's where I measured. Now their measuring chart specifies around the waist. For me that's a solid 3 inch difference. I emailed her about it but I never heard back. I'm resending it. I would think the measurement of the butt/hips would keep it from being shorter in the back. Maybe measuring needs to include a waist to knee measuring vertically down the backside with the curves instead of just straight from one point to another down the front (how tailmakers instruct you to measure). I did ask Raven specifically how I should measure, and she said in the front from one point to the other not taking curves of your body into consideration.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Ok, now I'm worried my tail is mesured proparly? -_-"

just 1 day to go and I reached my 120 days!!! *_________*

When I asked her she said "whichever is the longest"

I didn't ask about the curves, but she said she's similarly built in the back. Haha Honky Tonk Badonkadonk just started playing. XD

Well, I dunno... I feel confident about my measurements and trust her to do things well. ^_^

Mizuko - oh my mer! You drew that? Do you take commissions?!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    Idk I double checked my measurements and they're still accurate :P I'm going to try again in a few days when I go back for a swim and try to pull it up more btw my video is on my fb page feel free to give it a like while you're over there https://www.facebook.com/TheFreshwaterMermaid

I <3 the video ^^ hehe

Spirit! Stallion of the cimmaron! ♥♥♥♥

From the video, it looks like you have a lot of bunching at the ankles, which means there's still material to be pulled up. :-)

I emailed Raven and that's what she said too, I just don't really know how to pull the wrinkles out without potentially damaging the tail :P but it's good to hear that it's probably not just too short

Take a firm grip of top and bottom (NOT the seams) when you're in the water and just move it up like a pair of tights. Do you lubricate yourself when dry to get into the tail?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    So I caught up with Raven today. She's not feeling great about these basic tails and has been wanting to discontinue them for a while, but they're in such high demand they take her longer to make, and she's thinking the reason they're ending up shorter on people is because of the neoprene and how the silicone is stiffer against it, instead of free to stretch. She measures and cuts the performance tails the exact same way she does the basic tails, but so far is been all basic tails with the issue outside of Thalassas.

We also decided I'm going to help her again with her emails. Actually, my boyfriend and I both are going to go in there and organize the whole thing so some of the functions and sorting are automatic, that there's an auto reply with the FAQ etc, and a list of some of her communication black out dates (like when she's away performing) so people understand why she isn't responding at certain times. I've really figured this stuff out the hard way and I've been able to half the amount of time I have to spend going through my emails now, and my turn around times in terms of communication is so much better than what it was. So we're hoping we can gear Raven up like that too.

I was checking in with her about Iona's tail as both ladies are my friends. The reason Iona's is taking longer is because she and Raven have been changing and tweaking the colours frequently. It takes a certain amount of time and weather conditions for that paint, and then Raven's gotta be sure it's exactly the way Iona wants it before she does both sides, and then finally the extra fins and stuff get attached and then there's a process Raven goes through to seal the colours (which she did on my tail, and lemme tell you, freaking awesome). For most customers, they get one photo with the colours and they either approve them or they don't. If they approve them she can finish up and send the tail. But in this case it's taken her a few tries to get Iona's vision properly. I don't think you have to worry about your sizing Iona, it really seems to just be an issue with the neoprene+silicone tails. Hopefully you ladies can get it all sorted so you have it in time!

With your ankle problems ladies, the first couple times I put my tail on that happened and I found it much easier if I pointed my toes and got someone else in the pool to help me smooth the tail all the way up. Not sure if that'll work for you or not. Having your feet and ankles sufficiently lubed up helps too!

Oh I hope she doesn't discontinue them They're the only realistic tail I like that I can afford
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

I hope Raven doesn't discontinue them I love my tail I'm going to try what you guys said and hopefully it'll fit better

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    Yikes that would be a bummer if she discontinues them. Sigh...guess I ought to have a plan B in mind.

The only possibility that I can think of is Mermaid Creations. Getting a tail in a year is better than never or fucked up.
    Last edited by Mermaid Varshana; 05-30-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Eep! Well, I'm glad you're there to help her, Raina! Her basic tails are nice for those who want a realistic tail but either can't afford a performance or aren't sure if they want to drop that much money into a "costume piece" (I have had so many people give me that talk when I tell them I spent $3,600 on a tail). Though, I can understand her frustration

I talked to her about the basic tails a few weeks back and she also mentioned discontinuing them. She said that the whole process takes too long and they're actually harder to make compared to the performance tails. I can see her point of view, and honestly, for the quality, she's majorly underselling herself.

Well, that would suck, because that would mean most of us who dont have one already would probably never own a Raven tail. A basic is our only shot. $3,600 is what my husband and I live on for two months, not something I can spend on a tail. Making sure that even normal lowly mers like me who want to attain a dream can save for one of your products isn't really the same as underselling yourself.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think underselling in terms of the fact they take more time and skill to make than the performance tails. Plus she has people who can help her with the performance tails, but no one has picked up the learning curb to help her with the basics so it's just her by herself.
    Anyway, she hasn't officially said she wont make them anymore. I think probably she'll just make a few here and there. Everyone wants a cheap awesome tail, but there is a cost somewhere, always. If it's not in the materials being budget to obtain the low cost, then it's the tail maker taking a personal cut from their own earnings to do it ya know?

I get what you're saying, but speaking as a lowly normal college student here, my reference level is that $1000+customizations+shipping is only considered "cheap" in extreeeeeeeemely extreeeeeeeeeeemely relative terms here. I can barely fathom spending that on a used car let alone a tail 0.0 I don't look at it as a cheap tail. I look at it as "an attainable tail that is awesome enough to spend over $1000 on without fucking my finances irreversibly." If that's "cheap" then..... O.o
    Last edited by Mermaid Varshana; 05-30-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Page 54 of 443 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast