Page 55 of 443 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 8841

Thread: Merbellas Thread

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I agree with Raina and Isabella. The tails are amazing and an awesome thing for mers on a budget but logistically, making them all the time probably doesn't make much sense.

.....I'm just going to say that I'm nevvvveeerrrrr going to get used to this aspect of the mermaiding community where $1000-1300 = an awesome tail for cheap. Those numbers terrify me as it is

Last edited by Mermaid Varshana; 05-30-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Sad to see that happen to her.

I have a few question on colors, what she can and can't do. Would it be in her FAQ, or best to email her and see if she responds?

The quality of her basic tails are incredible, I can understand how she is underselling herself If I wasn't so determined to make my own tail this year, I would be saving up to get a performance tail from her :3 (although it would probably take me a few years to save... lol!!) because I'm IN LOVE with her work.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Speaking of in love with her work..MY TAIL IS FINISHED AND SHIPS OFF TOMORROW!!!!

she sent final pictures but I'm on my phone so I posted pictures to my facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Merma...89312624467463

Or that little blue F under my avatar if that link doesnt work. So happy!! The dorsal turned out awesome!

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

Omg Hyli, its beautiful!! :O <3

So pretty Hyli! I love that fluke shape
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Eee! And your fishy to match! <3 So adorable.
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Such a pretty tail.

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Hyli ummmm wow O______O Those colors blend into a magical wonderland in my retinas. I LOVE the angler fluke on it.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Thanks everyone!!
    Blondie that is one of the best explinations I've ever read hahaha!

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    stunning Hyli

SO PRETTY!!

AHMAGAHD I want one a Merbellas tail sooooooo bad. I've just started to save for one and now that I've read the last page or two here I'm disappointed. I would probably have to save for years (very poor college student) in order to afford a performance tail...if I'm doing my math right.. Even though they're freaking amazing and would probably be a better choice in the long run.

On another note, does anyone know if the Ariel fluke mold on her photo gallery on facebook will become one of the standard fin shapes? It's so pretty. Or was it just for that particular customer?

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain that was a custom fluke. A lot of tail makers have to be careful when making "Ariel" tails because of Disney. Bigger tail makers have to be especially careful, so as long as they label it right, they're okay. You can always talk to her about making a fluke like that. (It will be an extra charge, though. My custom fluke was $250 on top of the base price)
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Edit: sickrant
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Kakarotte - Hrm?
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

I got my first pictures!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I saw those on FB Ariel. <3 Congrats!!! It looks gorgeous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I was checking in with her about Iona's tail as both ladies are my friends. The reason Iona's is taking longer is because she and Raven have been changing and tweaking the colours frequently. It takes a certain amount of time and weather conditions for that paint, and then Raven's gotta be sure it's exactly the way Iona wants it before she does both sides, and then finally the extra fins and stuff get attached and then there's a process Raven goes through to seal the colours (which she did on my tail, and lemme tell you, freaking awesome). For most customers, they get one photo with the colours and they either approve them or they don't. If they approve them she can finish up and send the tail. But in this case it's taken her a few tries to get Iona's vision properly. I don't think you have to worry about your sizing Iona, it really seems to just be an issue with the neoprene+silicone tails. Hopefully you ladies can get it all sorted so you have it in time!
    Actually we only did a color tweak once, for one color. The turquoise color I requested that were highlights (down the center of the tail and bit on the end of the fluke) wouldn't take/show up, so she made it green in an attempt to get it to show up, which didn't look good to me. I got those first pics 165 days in, then the color change pics 5 days later (I understand she had only done one side at that point) then another message 4 days later making sure she could move on with attaching fins and doing the clear sparkle coat, so I'm assuming at that point she had both sides done with the color tweak. 4 days after that she said she'd have it done "next week". It's been a week since then, so I'm hoping it's near completion. I know the weather is crazy and other factors go into it for sure, but it is frustrating seeing other basic and performance tails that were ordered after mine go out before mine. Especially since I have a big gig coming up. I swear I'm trying to be patient! I know as soon as I get it I'll be doing practice in the pool and putting it on and taking it off every day of the week so I know how to handle it for the gig. Last thing I need to do is tear something because I didn't know how to handle my tail at my first gig X_x I'll be in a tank for the first time so that will be interesting.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Page 55 of 443 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast