Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing spandex fabric!

Amazing spandex fabric!

I found a site with amazing spandex fabric for mermaid tails!

http://www.bigzfabric.com/index.php?...&cPath=204_212

They are so gorgeous, I want them all!

Re: Amazing spandex fabric!

How about these scale like ones on the same site? Looks like it would beat hand sewing them all on. http://www.bigzfabric.com/index.php?...&cPath=204_378
    I feel the seawater in my veins. I listen to the roar of the sea and it speaks to me like a mothers voice. The tide pulls at my heart. - Night Tide

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Daemon, that fabric is GORGEOUS!!! GREAT find!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    How about these scale like ones on the same site? Looks like it would beat hand sewing them all on. http://www.bigzfabric.com/index.php?...&cPath=204_378

My ultimate favorite!!! now if they just had blue
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

If you look at the samples, it looks like they had blue at some point. It's probably just not in stock anymore.

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Woaaaahhh this might change the way of sequin tail making

Dang, both of them are out of stock!

Re: Amazing spandex fabric!

I can't tell too much from the pictures on my phone but some of this stuff looks similar. http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/browse/73

I also found the eBay store of Big Z (same vendor as original link). It looks like there might be stuff there that I didn't see on the site. http://stores.ebay.com/BigZFabric
    Last edited by Dee Tal; 01-07-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    I feel the seawater in my veins. I listen to the roar of the sea and it speaks to me like a mothers voice. The tide pulls at my heart. - Night Tide

Too bad it's so darn expensive. =\

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Those scale ones are beautiful!

I also like the "scale sequin", the "drop sequin", and the "diamond ruffle satin sequin". That last one especially would make for an awesome look!

I just put in a sample request so I'll be sure to post my review when the come.

Did you get a sample yet?

Woo that's very good collection about the spandex fabric because i see first time in life to see the spandex fabric shape i do not have any idea that what is meant by these colors..Any one tell me that what is these color represent?

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Thank you for this link, Dottie! Very nice selection, and that Spandex house site looks amazing.

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Re: SpandexHouse

These are wonderful people to work with! I've received many a sample from them, even 10 at a time, stapled to a piece of paper with the names colors, details (before their web site had the info on it). It made my choices so easy. I was making equestrian costumes, for horse and rider, for many years. I really thought MerNetwork had found this place! I would have made mention much earlier! There are other NY houses which have spandex/lycra, but I found SpandexHouse to have the most selection available. If the Mermaid or fish-scale lycra is out of stock, and you need some NOW, a woman on Etsy has some available, her name is Jan the Seamstress (I think). Her prices are high, but if you need it, you need it. I did use Ebay to locate more fabric, and some is in the UK. Depends on how desperate you are. SpandexHouse will do its best to restock. But you can see how popular Mermaid scale fabrics are. So keep and eye on it, and get your order in as soon as its available! I also like that they put a tape measure next to the fabrics with prints so you have a scale to work with. No pun intended ... LOL!
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I wanted to make a tail out of it, but someone in another forum told be that it being 90% polyester would weigh it down to much... If anyone has made one out of this fabric I'd love to know.

Coyote Walker...may I ask--what is that beautiful pattern as your avatar ?? Is that a fabric or something you made ?
    Also, I ordered the 'stretch sequins' samples and though they are BEAUTIFUL, they only stretch one way and not very much so I'm not confident they would be ideal for a swimmable mermaid tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Citrine View Post
    Coyote Walker...may I ask--what is that beautiful pattern as your avatar ?? Is that a fabric or something you made ?
    Also, I ordered the 'stretch sequins' samples and though they are BEAUTIFUL, they only stretch one way and not very much so I'm not confident they would be ideal for a swimmable mermaid tail.
    lol it's a google image i found. i just looked up "scales" and it came up. I wish they were they're so pretty! I think i'm just gonna go whole hog and either buy a second hand dragonskin one, or make a dragonskin one (I'm allergic to latex)

so the sequined fabric wouldn't stretch enough for a tail?
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!