Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So you want to be a marine biologist?

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Coradion View Post
    Um, I asked my Mom what you called someone who studied fishes when I was two. She looked it up, told me, and I said I wanted to do that in Hawai'i. 19 years later I'm doing just that. I've always loved all things aquatic, it's been pretty consistent and I don't think I've ever seriously considered a different career path. I kept a lot of fish as a hobby, read a ton, and then ended up where I am through a lot of motivation I guess.
    I did the same thing though due to my being a stupid teen and not wanting to do what my mum thought was cool, I switched to anthropology and started studying that. Two years ago I realized I was doing something I only had an interest in to learn but not do for the rest of my life. So I got back on track and will be graduating next year with a bs of biology and off to grad school!

Moral of the story: Marine Biology is awesome and always listen to yourself

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    I think I'm in the same boat, always been interested in that specific field and 19 years later I'm in my third year of my marine biology course and going on to do honors next year. Yes a lot of people think its all dolphins and whales then get disappointed, but there is more to marine biology. All the amazing creatures which are out there captivated me from a young age and now with processes changing finding out what is happening is really interesting.

Yes, yes it is awesome.
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy