Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing...MerNation!

Introducing...MerNation!

Hi everyone! We are so happy to finally be able to post on here and introduce ourselves "officially" to you all! What (or who) is MerNation, you may ask? Well, let's start at the beginning. MerNation is a brand new company started by your fellow mermaids, Erin and Lauren. They are currently the staff mermaids performing at The Florida Aquarium in Tampa, Fl. After realizing how lively and vibrant the "mer" community was, they decided to officially jump in! MerNation is based out of Tampa, Florida and aims to provide professional mermaids for hire, as well as accessories and tails. But more importantly, we are beyond excited to just join in the commnity! It's so nice to meet you all, and thank you for inspiring us every day to live our dreams (as cheesy as that sounds...haha). It really is because of people like you that we decided to start this business, and hope you all will join us on Facebook to share your own mermaid pictures, thoughts and really...anything!

www.facebook.com/MerNation
    www.themernation.com

Stop by and say hello!

Name:  Mernation Logo.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  48.1 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    Lovely Idea x
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

It's nice to meet you
    I like what you have done with your Facebook page and website so far.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Pod of Cali Nemefish's Avatar
    saw ur facebook page it seems like itll be a soon to be booming market good luck

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    welcome to the network!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Welcome to the Network!
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    Welcome an enjoy.

Fantastic pictures. Makes me wish I was there now to enjoy in the fun.

Be Happy Swim Free
    Last edited by MerAnthony; 12-12-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Adding

Thank you so much! We are looking forward to getting to know you all Happy "mer-ing"!

Oh! And feel free to post your own pictures or ideas to our facebook page! We want you all to be part of the "MerNation"

Welcome Mernation it nice to meet you Wishing you luck with your company too.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    So, Can This be like the Merbellas Thread, where people post updates about when they're getting their tails, what their getting, links to Facebook, and pictures of new stuff?
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    I'd love to see it become that...I am really excited to see new MerNation tails and hear people's experiences

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Well, hubby said I get to order one in the fall, and that's what plan on doing. ^_^
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Ok well, here we go using this thread as a place for photos/videos/experiences/etc. I have a video, just a string of clips from a recent day in a local spring with my fabulous MerNation tail. I can't get the video to imbed here (it's on Facebook), but here is a link to it. Hopefully that works:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...02202183146208

OMG! It's so pretty, Wavy!<333 What's your breathhold? You were under there for (seemingly) much longer than me and I've got about 46 second static. It's also SO pretty and deep, ahhh<3

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Wavy, I am literally OBSESSED with how amazing your tail is. Really, it's one of the best tails I have ever seen. And it is perfectly made for you.

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Hi Wavy! Your link worked perfectly! You and hubby did an awesome job! Your tail is beautiful! What camera was he using? I love Alexander Springs, it's beautiful and clear, just like Weeki is! Congrats on your first vid!

(((Hugz))) & Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Thanks, guys! Glad the link worked ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    OMG! It's so pretty, Wavy!<333 What's your breathhold? You were under there for (seemingly) much longer than me and I've got about 46 second static. It's also SO pretty and deep, ahhh<3
    Last that I timed it static in the bathtub, I got to a minute and 15 seconds. While freediving at Alexander I usually get to the bottom (somewhere between 20 and 30 feet I think?) and can hang around down there for a bit, but haven't timed it. In the video I'm kindof just going down and then right back up. That's one of my goals to work more on breathhold techniques. But yeah, such a great place for freediving!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Wavy, I am literally OBSESSED with how amazing your tail is. Really, it's one of the best tails I have ever seen. And it is perfectly made for you.
    Yay, thank you! I'm so glad you like it...hopefully we'll get to have another meetup some time and you can see it in real life

Quote Originally Posted by MerMarla View Post
    Hi Wavy! Your link worked perfectly! You and hubby did an awesome job! Your tail is beautiful! What camera was he using? I love Alexander Springs, it's beautiful and clear, just like Weeki is! Congrats on your first vid!
    Thank you! Yeah, Alexander is a great place all around...clear, big and open, some nice areas to get tails on, etc. My hubby's camera is an Olympus PowerShot D20. He took some pretty good photos with it which I'll post as soon as I get a chance.

Beautiful tails!

I just thought I would post this here, in case there's still people who don't facebook.
    Name:  1509838_799007213458801_1428302136_n.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  50.4 KB
    Mermaid Dottie