Thread: My mermaid english essay

My mermaid english essay

Hahaha i had to write this persuasive essay for english and so i wrote it about the little mermaid. I just thought i'd share it with all of you I got 100!!!
    Question 1
    Think about your favorite book or movie...
    Now imagine that it has been banned from school, society or your home. How would you feel? What action would you want to take in order to have the book or movie in school, in society or in your home?
    Write a letter persuading your parents, a teacher or school administrators or local government officials to lift the ban on the book or movie.
    Requirements:
    1. Your letter must identify a specific book or movie that is "banned" from school or society or your home.
    2. It also must be addressed to the appropriate adult (a teacher, a parent or government official)
    3. You must include three (3) reasons for lifting the ban on the book or movie.
    4. You must include persuasve writing techniques like Henry use in his speech.
    5. Use correct grammar, paragraphs and organization just as you would an essay.
    6. At least a page in length.

Dear Mother,

I find it exceedingly offensive and morally unjust that you have "banned" the movie The Little Mermaid from our house. For reasons unknown to me, you have banned my favorite movie from our house. You have blocked it on the computer, and confiscated my video cassette and special edition DVD. Why do you think its fair to prevent me from viewing a movie that I love, but you disprove of? Is the little mermaid really all that racy? You've denied me watching it because Ariel swims around in a shell bra, which you find provocative and unappealing. Personally, I think you are focusing on one negative action and discarding all the good morals you can learn from this movie. The trivial reasons by which you keep this magnificent story from me must be abolished. You can learn many important life lessons from the little mermaid, and these are certainly justified reasons to allow me to view it.
    The first important lesson you can learn from the little mermaid is the fact that if you disobey your parents, it will result in harsh consequences.When Ariel disobeys her father and signs a pact with Ursala so that she can go up to land and see Prince Eric, whom she loves, we learn in the end, with the result of the menacing Ursala almost winning, and temporarily taking Tritan's soul, that disobeying your parents is wrong. It stresses the morals that you have been trying to teach me all my life! In the bible, the fourth commandment is to honor your father and mother. This lesson is even in the bible, to which you respect and and use to teach me valuable lessons.
    Another important basis for which the Little Mermaid should be allowed in our house is that it teaches us important lessons about protecting our oceans and sea life. The different characters and animals in the movie motivate us to help protect these creatures, and our oceans, their homes. Are you trying to say to me that we should just completely ignore the world under the ocean? Is this really a valuable lesson? No. Polluting and destroying our oceans is like destroying an entire world! I evoke you to lift this pointless ban on a movie that only expresses positive ideas!
    Lastly, the Little Mermaid teaches us that we should be careful expressing our emotions, and not lose our temper, because it could lead to bad results. This is a valuable life lesson, and I know not why you are depriving me of it! When Triton destroys all of Ariel's collection from the human world, it causes Ariel to run away from her father and make that terrible deal with Ursala. Most parents these days encourage movies and books with important life morals. To keep your cool is a skill vital to a child's social life and emotional well-being. You are therefore displaying the backwards opinion that its ok for me to overreact and hurt other people in the balance!
    In our country, we are supposed to have freedom of the press, which means that I should be able to watch whatever I want, within good reason! The reasons to which you ban the little mermaid from our house are completely ridiculous! I am nearly sixteen years old, and you still treat me as a child! I understand good judgement, and you still fail to recognize that a few unconventional ideas won't hurt my mind, but expand it! It seems as you are still stuck in the 18th century before the enlightenment, when new, unconventional ideas were scorned. I understand that you and my Catholic viewpoint teaches modesty and moderation, but it also teaches love. If you're taking away something I love, which is not in any way raunchy, you're the one in fault, not me for showing you that you're wrong. I hope that you will consider my points, and allow me to watch a wonderful, morally educational film once more.

Sincerely,
    Ali

Mermaids have more fun

Love the topic (obviously :P)! Good job on the 100%!! Have you let your mom read it yet?
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

did your mom really ban the little mermaid or was that just a hypothetical situation?

great essay by the way!

​formerly Mermaid Brianna

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Annariea View Post
    did your mom really ban the little mermaid or was that just a hypothetical situation?

great essay by the way!

Don't worry, it was just a writing exercise. Her mom didn't ban TLM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    If my mum ever bans anything mer-related i might get you to write ME an essay to give to her! Aha :P
    That may actually be neccessary :/ my dad says he doesnt want me "wasting money" on a silicone tail ....
    User previously known as "Natasha".

Ariel is a promise-breaker and cannot be trusted, even with a contract. If something doesn't go her own way, she cries and then daddy has to come to the rescue and fix it. Ursula simply did as she was asked and kept to her side of the contract (and besides, Ariel ran to her to begin with.).

Just looking at it from the other side of the mirror. :P

hahahaha thats a good perspective! But still, Ursala didn't do what she was asked. If Ursala hadn't been watching Ariel for the perfect time to pry her away from Tritan's hands, ariel would have probably not gone to ursala. lolol Oh and i for some reason love persuasive essays, so Natasha if I get a chance (away from my ridiculous homework schedule) i'd be glad to write one for you! hahaha thanks guys!
    Mermaids have more fun

Great essay. I enjoyed reading it to the end. I have never been able to write quality essays on my own. It was only thanks to https://www.rush-my-essay.com/custom-essays/ that my work was interesting. And teachers gave me good marks.

Thanks for this
    Last edited by Lorrytorry; 02-21-2023 at 03:50 PM.

We often had to write essays in school. But I didn't like that assignment very much. But now that I'm writing my dissertation, I realize that writing essays was the easiest assignment. So I decided to use cheap dissertation writing service to get my paper written better. After all, my future directly depends on it.
    Last edited by Maggie White; 07-30-2022 at 06:41 AM.

All students know how hard it is to study during exams. It is a constant stress and lack of time to do homework, and for this I have Essayshark service to have support from professionals in such moments. They are actually the perfect help for me during my exams and that's why I recommend them!

Hello visitors! When you are going to get normal results in your study than you can not be doubtful in yourself. You should move higher and order essays at online useful agency. I'm sure, that it will be your way to student's success. So, friends, click https://www.nursingpaper.com/example...-practitioner/ on the website of this brilliant online company!!!

You have a very good essay, I enjoyed reading it. I never get to write so beautifully, so I usually use the write paper service Wr1ter . Since it is a high quality service with a team of experienced qualified writers who can write a quality essay in no time. This, by the way, allows me to focus more on other subjects in which I excel.