Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Mertailor

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think we can all agree Kanti is awesome sause.

Also, reflecting on this line again:
    but you are treading in some seriously dangerous waters if you continue because he will have every opportunity to take you to court. Do not contact me again on the subject as there is nothing more to say.
    we didn't contact you. You contacted us. lol

lmao omg i freakin LOVE all of yall i swear man!
    I Believe

When I first saw this post I was suspicious as well. After all I saw the same writing style as Eric, as apparently others do as well. IP matched up to her noted location on FB, also sent a FB message thanking her for the review and she did respond to me. I thought I would check in on it for ease of mind of the members, but honestly I'm not worried about "is this Eric".

Regardless, no one is going to take this review seriously. This is because you right off insulted people you don't even know for no good reason. People are "impatient" and "didn't do their homework"? Because Eric always says, on his website, on his Facebook, in his emails: 4-6 weeks, yet the average is 3 months? If it takes an average of that, that is what should be posted. The time that is posted is what he is responsible for. If you are pleased with your tail write your review and leave others out of it. If you are happy with your purchase and want to support and do good for his business and reputation, do that and also provide pictures (I ask this of everyone who writes a review). Anyone can go on and write a review of something- pictures is a solid block to base it on. Bashing people will only make people disregard what you have to say completely.

I was hoping since you are a professional that you could actually BE professional, as I ask of all reviewers, and not personal and emotional. You completely over reacted to someone asking legitimate questions and bringing up valid points. Cyber-bully? Slander? Court? ..Really? Completely out of line and unprovoked.

Thank you Raina for the informational links- always good to be properly informed.

Name:  review.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  22.6 KB

Oh look... the puppet keeps pulling the strings... I wonder how many comments he deleted from this one? he also re-posted a photo he all ready posted claiming it's her tail. It may very well be, but that doesnt mean I buy any of this for a second.

Im getting pretty annoyed with the "you're out to ruin me!" argument too. I think we can mostly all agree no one here wants to ruin mertailor. We just want him to do what he says and be a good businessman and respectful to the community. We want him to stop bullying and harassing and censoring and focus on making a great product for great people- professionals or not. It seems the only way to do that is by us forcing him to by posting stuff on the forum. Every single time something gets brought up on the forum he rushes to fix it- like late tails and issues etc. It's only sad that people have to stoop to the level of complaining on a forum to get him to do what he's supposed to do all along. He must never sleep and feel pretty sick from having to scour the forums everyday
    Last edited by AniaR; 08-10-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Oh hmm.. Well that certainly is a cry for attention.
    I guess it goes to show that he knows at least some of the members check/follow his facebook and he wants to prove to you
    that this chick was a real person. I really see no other point to posting that copy/paste review besides that. Everyone else who
    has him added/followed on facebook wouldn't care or suspect the review is false so it's probably 100% aimed toward people
    at this community. It seems like a "HAHA LOOK SHE IS REAL! I WOULDN'T POST A FAKE REVIEW ON MY FACEBOOK". Well
    honestly she could be real, who gives a crap. If she really did write that review, then she's still WRONG and her review sucks.

Also, that photo looks just like one I saw on his website of the tail, it's not hers. If a PHOTOGRAPHER bought a TAIL that was
    so BEAUTIFUL she BRAGGED about it so bad then why the hell would there not be 50 pictures of everyone in the tail? Not to
    mention she bragged about how well it fit.

Either way, when you think about it, Eric is stuck with us. We're all mermaid fans and have a lot of power over people who browse
    online for a review of tails. You have to understand that it may seem impulsive or weird for him to stalk this forum so much, but
    he's "reaching out to his customers" in a sense. And in turn, we are somewhat stuck with him. He's one of the cheapest higher
    quality mermaid tail makers out there and a lot of people consider buying from him despite all the negative press because they
    just can't really afford anything else.
    He is going about it the wrong way, though, and rather than posting fake reviews, he just needs to make his service better so
    that people WANT to write good reviews.
    This is all stuff we already know, though. We just have to wait until more tail makers rise up and give Eric a run for his money.
    Since he's really the only one with low enough prices, he has no competition. Once he gets some, he will have no choice but
    to treat his customers better, or, just be run dry out of business.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

What I fonud funny (odd strange) is the fact the fb profile photo shows the same tail with a different color and that photo has been around for a while as well as the one we see on the review on his page. I wonder why she didn't post the link to the review herself if she liked it so much, and if he is trying to say it is the tail he made her, why did it take so long for her to write a review, and why hasn't she ever said anything anywhere else about her GREAT tail from the MerTailor?

Pod of The South
    As for the "we're just out to ruin him" comment - why on EARTH would we want to do that if he was, in fact, supplying a product we wanted? In this situation, it's not like he's making toasters (though I loved the analogy) and there's a huge market. There's pretty much just US - The small community of people who WANT a great-looking tail that is durable, made to our size and specifications, can be used to swim in water and will be delivered to us in a timely fashion. That's it, really! I don't think that's really so much to ask!
    I genuinely think that if he pulled his act together and stopped spending his time worrying about a (deserved) bad review and focused on his product, nearly every single one of us here would be saving to get one of his tails.

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

I genuinely think that if he pulled his act together and stopped spending his time worrying about a (deserved) bad review and focused on his product, nearly every single one of us here would be saving to get one of his tails.
    I agree

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    I wonder where he copied the review from, because it wasn't from here. The paragraphs are broken down better. It looks like a copy paste on here. It looks better on the notes.

She didn't post it on her page and then tag him, he posted it and tagged himself in his own note and added a picture to the review himself. Still very curious. I have yet to hear back from her after I wrote to her. Again, curious.

I wouldn't doubt that she wrote a "review" somewhere but I really don't think that a photographer, who specializes in fairies, would randomly find the brand new mer forum, that has people that Eric apparently feels that he desperately needs to prove that he is amazing to. Randomly post her review there and randomly be so emotionally invested in her review that she would stay in the forums for hours waiting to defend her review tooth and nail against anyone that would comment on it with out anyone nudging her in the right direction. (Sorry for the massively long run on sentences) I just find this highly suspicious, even with Winged having contact with her. Something just seems very out of place

I agree star, and I think his own fans do too

Junior Member Pod of The South Siren's Avatar
    I want to speak as someone who has written things for Eric many times before. First, like to apologize for my part in the previous deception as well. As PR and many other things, I did my best to turn the company around for him. He was a friend first and I wanted to see him succeed. I wrote many things for him, including the apologies to MerYuku, Raina, and the business plans to repair tails and have a fresh start. It was not all for him, though. My intentions were all the best. I wanted to see a quality company turn out quality products and customer service so that everyone would win. So, for the deception, I apologize, but for my intentions, I can't. You all deserve the best.With all that said, i do not think Eric would be stupid enough to write this for himself. Not only could he face serious repercussions for stealing an identity, but he knows that he cannot write well enough to pull it off. Often when I was writing for him he would say a point he wanted to get across, then I would change it to sound appropriate and publish it. In this case, I can very easily see him telling someone what he wants to say, but the ghost writer lacked the crucial step of converting it to sound like it was someone else. Also, the review stated far too much knowledge and too many insinuations of previous events for this to be the writing of a brand nee face to the community. I have no doubt that this could be a real person, however, I can say with certainty that this review was not written completely independent from Eric.*expert witness steps down from the stand* lolol

Thanks for speaking up Siren, I was really mad about the fake apology but even before you and I first spoke I never had bad feelings toward you because I also have advised Eric on how to deal with things in the past because we wanted to see him do well and to provide great stuff for the community. When you say,
    I wanted to see a quality company turn out quality products and customer service so that everyone would win
    I seriously agree, and it's that very reason why I first reached out to him to begin with. I was one of the first people to try and give him a second chance, and I also think I was one of the first people he burned bridges with in spite of that.

We all know now he had a hand to play in this, he copied the review with a photo right onto his page so people would look at IT and not out comments to see the truth. Someone who is telling the truth doesn't need to pull that kind of stuff.

I am reminded of this French Proverb:
    “There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience” ~ French Proverb
    isnt it the truth?

You were doing what a good friend does as far as I'm concerned. Trying to keep your friend on the right path- something he's lacking right now. Im just disappointed he couldnt even give me a real apology or own up to his promise breaking of not attacking the forum. I want to remind people, I didnt repost my review until I realized he hadn't honoured our deal. I was happy to keep quiet and positive so long as he apologized and stop but he did neither.

It's all disappointing, but I think the community will be stronger for it.

Even if he wasn't sorry for what you were going through, I was. You deserve the world, girl!!!
    Last edited by Siren; 08-10-2011 at 10:09 PM.

In re to the artwork in question:http://www.alexandrialanier.net/html...ations-d.htmlI can't screen cap from an Ipad as far as I know, but this is the link to the pirate art. Scroll to the right and after Pirates magazine and you will see a flier for Florida Pirate Festival.

That link doesn't work for me. Could you write out how to navigate there?

Sure. When you go to the main site, click the hanging butterfly that links to publications. The green lantern picture will pop up first. Hover over and scroll the pictures to the right. You will see a cover for pirates magazine. Next to that will be an Orlando Bloom like pirate with an illustration to the right. It's a flier for the Florida Pirate Festival and the artist is more than just a close friend. He is a great artist and I hope he is getting compensation for his work if the site has drawn profit from it.

Pod of The South
    Siren - To screencap on an iPad press both the "lock" and "home" button at the same time ^_^

And yes, the link is broken for me as well...

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

the link works if you delete the I at the end, it just wasnt spaced enough.

Erics been messaging lots of people to ask them for good reviews for his website. He's entitled to have good reviews if they are real reviews- I have no objection to that. But the best reviews are ones that people write because they are sincerely happy with their product.

edit: Eric thinks we're stalking him, which is funny because this review was posted here and the review asking I heard about was through someone else massaging me. I watch Eric's page, because he tried to call me out on it, duh. Currently he wants to know what you call a fish that stalks others? Why Eric, you call that fish- a SHARK. (terribly ironic since his BF started following (like) my Raina page...) Rawr. Nom Nom Nom
    Last edited by AniaR; 08-11-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Hahahaa! That is what I thought too Raina, a Shark. I think that your noms are hilarious! This particular definition of shark is very you.

shark

2    [shahrk] Show IPA

2. Informal . a person who has unusual ability in a particular field.

You are awesome!

since he can't delete or control what's here he's just posting reviews and what he thinks are reviews (but are actually testimonials since they are not coming from customers) but they're all biased they're mostly all from high profile customers! Of course he gives the best attention to high profile people.

He'd do better (and perhaps he will listen to me since he reads this) to post Claudio's review and perhaps ask Doreen Virtue if he can post hers since it was so positive as well. I mean he's all ready taking my advice
    Don't be fooled by imitations, there is only one Mertailor.
    is an exact line I suggested he use in a chat to help combat his fears of people copying him. Funny thing is, no one is pretending to be him or imitating him.

I cant wait til my tail maker and the other 3 I know of bust out on the scene I'm going to do a full detailed photo comparison between my current mertailor tail, the ones on his site, and my new tail.

edit: I also stalked him like the shark that I am and saw that he deleted the review from this thread and reposted it without the photo since everyone got wise to the photo.
    Last edited by AniaR; 08-11-2011 at 06:55 PM.