Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mertailor

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Also if someone where to purchase a tail for someone that was 5'8 (and fit them properly) and put it on someone who is 5'4 the tail would come up to their breasts. So it would either be too big for the shorter person or too short for someone taller. (like in mine and Linda's photos where our butts are coming out).
    I am 5'8", when Raven took my tail to fix it for me she put it on Meshpa when it was finished and it went up to her boobs.

Perhaps the people she worked with were all of the same height, like how professional models are generally very, very tall and of similar build?
    That's sort of an urban myth, if someone was employing a multitude of models they would have a variety of models not a bunch the same. I have done professional modelling (meaning been paid, been published!) for 7.5 years now and in the field for just about 10.

I realize to people who don't know Eric our responses are going to seem over the top. But I have every confidence this is his doing.

Star, it would be great for you to copy and paste your reply you get or screencap etc. But I still think he wouldnt be stupid enough to just steal someone's identity... he probably asked her permission to do it and got her to go over what he posted. I know it's been copy and pasted because of my editing training and I look for weird indentation as a sign of digital plagiarism. She's more likely to admit if she knows uttering threats is generally a bad idea and not something she'd want attached to her name

Pod of The South
    Forgive everyone for being so cynical, but you can understand where they are coming from, yes? We'd all love to believe that someone had a great experience with him, and maybe he is actually turning things around. I don't know, and no one else here knows either.
    A real way to clear things up would be to post pictures of yourself in your tail. We'd all love to see them! Or, if you haven't had the chance to take pictures yet, perhaps some of you with the tail?

As one professional costumer to another, I know about risking your reputation, especially within a community of people that have so much pull over the business you are promoting. Just a few pictures of you could clear things up and set the record straight for all of us.

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Raina,

I will be sure to screen cap and attach it to a post here. If she says she gave permission, then I will send her a link to what she said. If she says she said it, I will post it here as well so that everyone will know what is up.

<3 Star

<3 you guys!

WOW..and this is why i LOVE me some MermaidRaina!!
    I Believe

I just wont believe it for a second if she says "no that's all me I wrote it" because I can literally screencap exact sentences from this review to exact sentences from Eric. :\

Juku *high fin*

I also think it's nuts they attack Kanti when Kanti was the one standing up for mertailor in the editorial thread!

I agree Raina... are there any screen caps you have that you can share? Still waiting for a message back

Ummm... I am not sure what to do about his either... I just looked on Alexandria's Website and saw a picture she took in her publications section and next to it, a flyer that my ex designed and drew himself for a show we were doing. I am not sure if she was saying that the picture she took inspired the flyer... but my ex drew that picture off of his costume. I recognize his pants and jacket... I am not sure how to bring this up to her that her photo was not the inspiration for this drawing. ... Maybe it is just the inside of the magazine and she didn't intend for them to seem like they were the inspiration for each other.
    Last edited by Mermaid Star; 08-09-2011 at 08:55 PM.

I Just read this.......... WOW! I have heard about this sort of thing before from Siren and Star in the past, I have to say after looking at the post I read and reading what all of you said, I am truly have to wonder if it is not Eric or some one connected to him doing this. I thought about a few things and I want to ask all of you here has anyone ever gotten a universal tail from The Mertailor or any other tail makers out there made from Silicone? I can see how a stretch Fabric would work for more than one model of different heights and weights, but from what I have seen of the Mertailor I am confused how a 5'6" 100 lbs. model would fit the same on a 5'5" 125lbs. model with out stretching out or even ripping. No two models are ever the same hips may be different sizes and that alone could cause issues Where I can see how having a larger tail could be helpful for some points you would have to hope and work out the weight changes even if both models were the same weight but different sizes it could be a problem making them fit skin tight and useable for underwater photo shoots

Junior Member Pod of The South Siren's Avatar
    WOW!
    Star, considering we were both there, I think we can state for a certain fact that NO ONE was there wearing that outfit. Hopefully she is just saying she drew inspiration from it however, I hope there is no insinuation that her work inspired that art. He is far too talented to need any inspiration other than his own mind. He drew me something amazing on the table at Cody's once.....no photo reference needed. I hope she has asked S. if she could use his work. If not, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a few extra bucks of residuals from any profit it gave her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siren View Post
    WOW!
    Star, considering we were both there, I think we can state for a certain fact that NO ONE was there wearing that outfit. Hopefully she is just saying she drew inspiration from it however, I hope there is no insinuation that her work inspired that art. He is far too talented to need any inspiration other than his own mind. He drew me something amazing on the table at Cody's once.....no photo reference needed. I hope she has asked S. if she could use his work. If not, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a few extra bucks of residuals from any profit it gave her!!!
    Yeah, I am just hoping that her picture was in the pirates magazine next to the ad for the show and it was just a scan of the entire magazine to show that it was in fact in the magazine. Otherwise I would be upset.

No matter how you spin it, this thread is looking pretty bad. The poster of this thread joined toady, and the only post she/he ever made were the ones in this thread. I really want to give Alexandria the benefit of the doubt, but nowhere does she show on her website that she did, in fact, buy the tail, and the sentences are the same structure and word choice as those I have read from Eric. It's so unfortunate that we can't trust positive reviews from a tailmaker because of his previous (and current) actions. I wasn't around when this drama began, but I am suprised that a professional and businessperson would feel the need to stoop to creating false reviews (as it has happened in the past.) when all that really needs to be done is some real, honest apologies and mending of relationships (and tails). Perhaps we will get word from Alexandria and this is in fact her post and words, but that seems about as likely as me suddenly sprouting a real pair of fins and gills myself.

Junior Member Pod of The South Siren's Avatar
    Good point. I would be too. I wonder if there is a way to get a back publication........hmmmmm.....

Star- I can't see anything of what you're talking about, can you post a screen cap? as far as
    I agree Raina... are there any screen caps you have that you can share? Still waiting for a message back
    check out Mika's thread about mertailor its got some of my screencaps all ready including a message Eric sent me.

Pandorah I think you make some of the best points here. I think people would be more willing to accept positive posts about Eric if he didn't try so hard to manipulate.

Funny thing is, I told him on more than one occasion when he offered to make me a new free tail I'd be happy to make a new positive review.

I really feel he's alienated all the people who would normally help him through this stuff, and now since no one is around to bring him a fresh perspective he's acting on every whim

I'm sorry, but if you come in here posting a review and blame the product's bad rep on it's customers?
    Like, seriously lol? How do you expect ANYONE to trust your review?

That would be like me going into an amazon page trying to order a toaster and seeing that comment on there.

-"Oh well, I'm a GREAT cook and only want the BEST toast. Let me tell you THIS toaster makes the best toast EVER. It's toast can easily be sold for
    TWICE the amount any other toaster makes!!"
    -"How long did it take the toaster to make it for you? "
    -"
    Well, anyone knows that GREAT toast takes time! You can't just pop the bread in there and expect PERFECT TOAST in under 5 minutes. When you don't get your toast in 5 minutes, don't slander the toaster all over the internet because you failed to do your homework and you’re impatient. All professionals in the industry(of toast) know that quality toasting takes time. When I decide to have toast made, I usually make it 20 minutes in advance."
    -"The toaster says it can make toast in 5 minutes. That's false advertising. Also, you're calling a lot of people ignorant by saying they "didn't do their homework" when it comes to toast. I can't take your review seriously, it's way too biased."
    -"OH IM SURE YOU'D LOVE IT IF THIS TOASTER WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. I'M SURE YOU'D LOVE TO SCARE HIM OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE HE MAKES BETTER TOAST THAN YOU EVER WILL! YOU'RE A CYBER BULLY AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS BEING BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE! YOU'RE TREADING IN DANGEROUS WATERS! I CAN TAKE YOU TO COURT FOR STATING YOUR OWN OPINION ONLINE! I AM AN AWARD WINNING TOAST-MAKER FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!"

Like, I'm sorry but I literally went

and couldn't help but laugh after I read that.

I will apologize, however.
    I am sorry you cannot read and comprehend a basic paragraph and I'm sorry that when one becomes so "wildly successful" they suddenly think they are above
    everyone else. It's not your fault, after all.
    I can only hope you've matured from this experience, as I see you are still online and probably browsing through topics, however, I don't really care if you do or not.
    I see that I was correct in not trusting your review. You cannot even be trusted to be a mature "professional" human being.

Sorry again :'P
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

omg that was hysterical. That's ok Kanti, Eric thinks everyone who makes a bad post about him is me using an alt account. So by that logic, you are also me Linda must be me too. Orcamatt, Pandorah... oh gosh all these people who actually have smarts are me! I consider myself lucky and blessed to be put in the same group. <3

But seriously, your toast analogy wins everything. I also like your appropriate meme. I have to add my own now.

Lol yea memes are great~ And this one was perfect for this scenario. But, honestly, I probably make that face alot lol.
    And yea, sometimes people do make false accounts to do stuff like that. It's funny, but who cares. They're the ones wasting their time.

I also found the toast analogy was quite effective in dumbing the situation down for those who dislike reading and comprehending things.

Another thing, thank you for posting the cyber bully and free-speech vs. slander links.
    For those of you who don't know, you can post reviews on ANYTHING you want. However, people CAN sue you for anything they want as well.
    But just because they can sue you doesn't mean they have ANY valid point. If Eric(or if it was actually a girl), took me into court for saying anything
    I said, they would have NO GROUNDS against me and basically be wasting money. Just because someone threatens to sue you doesn't mean they
    actually have a case, they're just trying to bully you into being submissive towards acting in according to what they want.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaku's Avatar
    Wow you two lol. xD
    I'm cracking up at the pictures xP

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    omg that was hysterical. That's ok Kanti, Eric thinks everyone who makes a bad post about him is me using an alt account. So by that logic, you are also me Linda must be me too. Orcamatt, Pandorah... oh gosh all these people who actually have smarts are me! I consider myself lucky and blessed to be put in the same group. <3
    I have a visual of a cheesy kid's cartoon where all of the robot mermaids combine to form one megamermaid, totally decked out with lazer guns and realistic silicone scales.

Kanti, I want to be your friend. :|
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG