Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a HUGE dilemma!!

Question I have a HUGE dilemma!!

First of all, I'm new to this website (just so you know). So here's my problem: I have been looking at all kinds of different mermaid tails recently, and the ones I've liked the most so far have been the ones from Mermaid parties/Fish butts. I've read tons of awesome reviews, and she seems like such a nice person!
    When I went to her website I saw that she didn't sell latex tails anymore, only full silicone tails and partial silicone tails. Even though these are much more expensive, I thought that it was worth it. I had decided to buy the partial silicone one (although I'll be buying it in maximum 2 years I think, not now).

When I have my small "mermaid fantasies", I always imagine myself swimming in oceans and open places with a lot of marine life. But, the thing is, I live in Scandinavia, and as you might guess the water isn't very warm here (not that I need it to be warm, but it's usually too cold for me to want to be swimming around all day). On top of that, in approximatly 2 years (I guess a bit later than when I will have bought the tail) we will be moving even higher up north! There is this very annoying thought in the back of my head saying "the water is too cold, you won't be able to use your tail much, it will just be lying in the corner of your room, all that money will be wasted, you will only find murky places to swim, etc. etc.". It's really really REALLY annoying! I don't want to waste money by not using the tail as much as I want to, and so a little thought came up: I could buy a cheaper fabric tail instead, (thinking of the people that make tails in Germany (I forgot the name) now) I wouldn't use as much money and if I wouldn't be able to use it that much, I wouldn't get as much bad conscience that I would have gotten if it would have been the case with the partial silicone tail.

Basically, is it worth it to buy a partial silicone tail from fish butts when it costs a lot and when there is the possibility that I won't be able to use it that much? Or should I just buy a cheaper fabric tail instead (because whatever the case I will buy a tail )?
    Oh and by the way I absolutely don't want to go to pools with it! Just so you know
    Thank you so much and sorry for this being so long!! HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYBODY!!

P.S. If you have any additional things that would be handy for me to know, go ahead and post them

Welcome to MerNetwork!

It depends really. Do you have any indoor pools where you live? There's lots of mers on here lacking a natural place to swim, and resort to an indoor pool instead. The website I think you're talking about, http://magictail.de/, is a great fabric tail supplier. I have one from there, and it works great. If this is your first tail, you should probably start out with a fabric one, then upgrade to the partial silicone. That way, you can get the feeling of a tail and decide if you like it before jumping to the silicone. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.

Find me on YouTube! -->
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mermaidg...e=results_main

[Because legs are too complicated]

Welcome to Mernetwork, Annymask! I agre with Celissa there, if it is your first tail and are unsure of how many times you are going to use it, go for a fabric tail for sure. Once you get the feel and decide that you might want to visit public pools and are still interested in mermaiding, go and get that FishButt! They are extremely inexpensive for those kinds of materials and effort Stevi puts into them Hope I could help a bit

Thank you! I don't have any indoor pools... the closest to that is the shower :P I totally see your point, it's as if all the fog is gone (if you can say that )! I'll buy the fabric one, see what happens, and just go with the flow. BUT SERIOUSLY THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am way too over excited right now!
    ----
    I was on their website right now and I'M SO HAPPY!!! I don't think I'll be able to wait two years... hehe And I saw the second reply while I was writing, thank you so much to you too!
    This has been the most amazing first experience of this website, thank you so much!! I can't wait to get this ordered, THANK YOU GUYS!! I am the happiest person on Earth right now!!

Now it's just the choice between the Marina tail or the H2O one....hard choice

Aw, your welcome! <3

Thanks again
    There's just a small question regarding the monofins (for the magictail.de tails): Can you swim fast in them? (you can compare it to your normal swimming) Than you!

Ooooh yes. The monofins work even by themselves (without the tail) and provide a lot of propulsion.

Note: The H2O tail color is very popular, a bit overused IMO. But you can get whatever you think looks best

Find me on YouTube! -->

Thanks! I love being able to swim fast And it's awesome that you can just take the monofin out, if you only want to wear that one! Hahaha I'm watching a review video as we "speak" Okay well I thnk I'll go for the blue one I AM SO EXCITED TO GET IT!! YAY! My little sister doesn't want to get a tail, although I think she'll change her mind when I get this

Sorry for me blabbering about this, but when you want to choose sizes for everything, would you want to take the bigger one or smaller one? You see, the size of my pants is 38, and 38 is on the broder between large and medium. Coincidentally my shoe size is also on the border between large and medium, but I've decided to take large there But for the costume size, would it be better to take large or medium? I'm afraid that medium will be too tight nd that large will be too loose. Any suggestions or something like that? Thanks again!

My Magictail is in my signature :P

Find me on YouTube! -->

Really?! I've been admiring that ummm videoclip (?) for all this time! It looks amazing and your swimming is awesome!!

Thank you! It's originally from my YouTube channel, which is also in my signature

Find me on YouTube! -->

Yeah I actually watched that video! Sorry if this sounds creepy btw... But anyways: have you ever swam with it on a beach or deep down (can be on a beach or in a pool)? If you have, does the material get destroyed from the sand and stones, etc.? I read all the reviews that were on mernetwork and many of them had troubles with holes and such. And this is the last question (sorry...) For how long have you had your tail? Has it shown any signs of wear and tear? THATS THE END OF MY LIST OF QUESTIONS! This must be incredibly annoying, I apologize for that

Not creepy at all! I'm not too much of a diver. I've been out in the ocean maybe four feet at most in my tail...lawl. The sand washes right out. But yes, I have made the mistake of standing on the pool bottom, which will tear most ANY tail, if not ALL, obviously. But because it's fabric it can be stitched back together. The fabric only fades if it isn't rinsed out after each swim, which isn't hard because, again, it's only fabric. Just remember not to stand up on the pool bottom, put on your tail on a towel, don't put it on hard or rough surfaces, yada yada yada, and it'll be fine.

Find me on YouTube! -->

Don't worry, some people like diving, while others don't As you might have guessed I love diving! But I've never had a tail before so when I'm in pools and such I just do the dolphin swim as I call it (basically swimming with a tail but without the tail), usually at te bottom, below everybody else ;D
    Thanks for all the answers! I'll be sure to take care of my tail...when I get it.
    It's pretty awesome though, because I searched for beaches in my future town (the one far up north), and there were some beaches that looked pretty amazing! Which means that if I can stand the cold, I'LL BE IN THE WATER FOREVER!!

No problem! I sent you a friend request

Find me on YouTube! -->

yeah I know I accepted it

Want to get on the ChatBox?

Find me on YouTube! -->

I can't It's pretty late where I am and I have to get some sleep...

Oh okay, goodnight!

Find me on YouTube! -->