Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: monofin bags

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod

monofin bags

as some of you alredy knows I reacently made a bag to carry my oceanika merfin in.

so I was wonderning if there are other mers who also have made a special bag for thire monofin?.... or mayby I`m just werd.

anyway if there are someone who made a bag, I`m very intressted in seeing it.

I thougt we can show our bags here and provide inspiration and help to those who want to make a bag for their monofins

this is my bag.... it has a detucheble computercase

Name:  P1000722.JPG
Views: 3093
Size:  40.9 KB

without the computercase
    Name:  P1000718.JPG
Views: 2812
Size:  39.4 KB

close up on the second pocket were I keep my bathing clothes
    Name:  P1000720.JPG
Views: 2630
Size:  36.2 KB
    - The angelfish of the north -

Cool bag! I need to make one, just haven't yet...
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Nice work! I've been using an old navy uniform bag, it's huge. My end of my oceanika stick out, so I need to alter it a little but it does the trick!
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod

Quote Originally Posted by Gem Stone View Post
    Cool bag! I need to make one, just haven't yet...
    good luck gem. looking forward to see it

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    Nice work! I've been using an old navy uniform bag, it's huge. My end of my oceanika stick out, so I need to alter it a little but it does the trick!
    I`ve also been using a big bag. but it was very unpractical to transport to the pool, because I don`t have a car

Guys I know some of you are making bags and some want to buy some, hubby just ordered mine for like what $41.00 with shipping. So im passing it on to you guys in hopes it helps you with your tail carrying woes LOL. here is the link: http://www.fins4u.co.uk/products/Acc...%20details.htm

Description:
    Monobag is specially designed to accommodate freediving monofins.

The bag holds 2-3 monofins with measures 70 x 72.
    Ideal for transport and storage.
    Designed with quality material, durable construction. Easy to remove fins.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania
    Add Mermaid Stardust on Facebook
    I want to buy the Water Way monofin bag but which one is best for a Finfolk tail? Normal or Heavy duty with the foam lining?Name:  1266_1.jpg
Views: 2396
Size:  26.3 KB

I'd say a Heavy duty since silicone tails are quite heavy

Cyanea (theobromine) and I just ordered some of the padded Waterway bags. We should be getting them in the next couple weeks. I'll be sure to let you all know how they work out! (we each have Finfolk tails, one with lots of heavy fins and their largest fluke).
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Well, here I was just trying to figure out where to write up a review of this bag! I wrote about it on my facebook page but I'll post it here too. It's a heavy duty WaterWay monofin bag that I ordered from www.freedivershop.com. I know a lot of mers have trouble finding bags that will fit larger tails/tails with Competitor fins in them. Well, my Finfolk full silicone tail with Competitor monofin fits in here perfectly! The heavy duty version of this bag is padded (they also sell a non-padded version) and has backpack straps as well as handle and shoulder straps. It feels really sturdy and the backpack straps will make it so much easier to carry than any of my previous methods. It has a large zippered front pocket for carrying extras like keys and phone, and I think a top would fit pretty well in there too. It also has drainage holes on the bottom. All in all, very happy with this purchase! It only cost $54, plus $50 for flat-rate worldwide shipping. I split the order with Mermaid Lorelei so we each paid half the shipping cost. If you do this, it makes the price very reasonable. Can't wait to go for my next swim!

Name:  tail bag 1.jpg
Views: 2620
Size:  183.0 KBName:  tail bag 2.jpg
Views: 2250
Size:  160.2 KB
    Name:  tail bag 3.jpg
Views: 2172
Size:  211.9 KBName:  tail bag 4.jpg
Views: 2356
Size:  96.1 KB

I just have to say I'm REALLY glad I went for the padded version. It feels so much safer this way. This bag is exactly like the one I'd envisioned either making or commissioning for my tail, I can't believe it took me so long to order it. This will make traveling with the tail soooooo much easier. With the Competitor fin and about an inch (at least) of silicone around each edge of it, it still fits in the bag, I just have to tuck the tips in. The front pocket looks like it should hold a top (will try that out later) and I'm pretty sure you could stuff a towel or two into the main compartment with the tail. The only thing I don't like about this bag is the doofy cartoon dolphin on the front of the pocket :P But Lorelei and I plan on personalizing our bags so I'll probably stick a patch over that.

(PS, sorry Idun, I know you made this thread for homemade bags--yours looks great!--but since Lorelei already mentioned ours here I figured I should reply, hopefully this will help some other mers out. I wanted to make my own bag just like this one but I'm not that confident in my sewing skills)

(PPS: WHEN WALKING THROUGH DOORWAYS, GO SIDEWAYS)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania
    Add Mermaid Stardust on Facebook
    Thanks for that awesome review. I'm ordering mine right now. I was debating over the padded vs non-padded version but seem as your so happy with yours, I'll go the padded

I have one too! It's brilliant!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I ordered two waterway bags for some of our tails. I figure they might not fit all of them but should fit at least two

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I wish I'd looked here first cuz I got non padded

I bought fabric to make a monofin bag yesterday. It's actually made for covering outdoor furniture, but since it's waterproof and sturdy, I think it might work for this purpose as well. But as I understand, it's best to get a padded bag? (I have a finis Wave monofin, and I might get an aquarius too)

I wish I'd looked here first cuz I got non padded
    You'll probably be just fine. You guys are so careful with your tails as it is. If nothing else, you can always stuff a few towels in with them.
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the non-padded bags, I just knew I wanted the extra protection (and reassurance) of the padding. Although it does seem like the padding helps the bag hold its shape a bit better. The biggest thing I'm happy about with this bag is the backpack straps. My tail weighs a bit over 30 pounds and carrying it over one shoulder gets really tiring. It's MUCH better for your back to have the weight distributed evenly. I'm going for a swim tomorrow with Elodea and I'm going to be testing the bag out, see how many extras it holds and whatnot, so I can report back later if anyone's interested.