Thread: What happened to Fish Butts?

What happened to Fish Butts?

Hey mers,

So, I placed my order one maybe two months ago at fish butts and it is expected to arrive this Christmas. The problem is, I haven't received ANY updates for over two weeks! In the last email, Stevi told me that my tail was going to be shipped out that weekend and she would send a photo of my tail later that week. So I was just wondering, does anybody know what happened to Stevi?
    ~~~~~~~Happy Swimming!!~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~The Seagirls (Fiona and Elena)

Check out our YouTube channal!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/626SeaGirls

Mystic Waters will hopefully premier in Fall 2013

Our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/TheSeaGirls?fref=ts

I'm sure she is just very busy! She got a ton of orders from CyberMonday, and gets hundreds of emails to look through on a daily basis. I do have to say that my friend Isis is having the same problem, though. Have you tried emailing Stevi?

I'd suggest messaging her on facebook! It worked for me! Also, Stevi just lost her aunt, and shes going through a tough time right now. Heres her update: Hi everyone. I'm slowly getting back into my groove. I've had a hard time this week overcoming depression and trying to stay positive. I feel like 2012 is really trying to beat me down haha but I'm trying my damnedest not to let it. I appreciate all your support so much. I'm doing my absolute best to get Christmas orders out. If any are late, I will do what I can to make up for it. Life really doesn't care when you have deadlines to meet. But I am so beyond blessed to have all your support right now and the past year. I'm fast approaching a year since I started this and I'm so beyond elated with the results of my first year as a business owner. There have been bumps, more than I'd like to admit, but you've all stuck through it with me and it means the world. I love you all and I'm hoping 2013 will be kinder to this little mermaid. ♥ you ALL! Oh, and more photos coming SOON!
    Mermaids have more fun

oh and this one too:
    Hi guys!
    I'm sorry again, for being MIA. My aunt passed away over the weekend and I've just been trying to grieve. That makes 4 people in my family, in just a few months, to pass away. I've been struggling with it so I'm sorry for my lack of communication. I'm going to post a picture of Mermaid Dottie's tail now and I'll have more pictures to post soon, I promise. I'm trying to get updates out I've been promising since the weekend. I apologize again. They're coming. And I just found out my Oceanika merfins orders wont be here in time for xmas so that has me stressed. If you ordered a tail with Oceanika Merfins and was expecting it by xmas, I'm beyond sorry I wont be able to get it to you by then. I can either offer you a partial refund and send the tail in January when my fins come, or offer you the partial refund and make you a tail with a different fin and get it to you by xmas. I am so very sorry for this guys. Christmas makes everything crazy, hectic and super stressful.
    And one last thing, the calendars came in and I'll be shipping them out today and tomorrow. They look great except the typo I made on "Photo" on Feb's pic didnt get fixed like I thought it did.. sorry about that guys But for my first calendar, I think it came out awesome
    Thanks again to all my supporters! You mean the world to me and honestly, your tails are helping me get through a year I'd rather not remember. So thank you, so much.
    Mermaids have more fun

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    she's been having a rough time, there's more stuff that she's not publicly saying. I have her as a friend of FB and she's not even online right now. I also know the tails take a little longer to cure with this weather. Hopefully you'll get yours soon!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    I'm sure she is just very busy! She got a ton of orders from CyberMonday
    And THAT is why I am putting limits on how many orders I will be taking at one time... If you can't keep up with the orders, without limiting how many you take at once, then you are going to have a lot of upset people. My max is 10 orders at one time, 5 basic and 5 premium. I refuse to take more on than that because I do not want to upset people because they have to wait longer due to overwhelming numbers of orders.
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    eh to be honest, every tail maker says that, but life happens. I think the majority of tail makers have had delays this time of year, if not at least a handful of times the last year. I don't think it's always about "taking on too many orders". What happens if you take on your slotted orders and then something happens and you can't get your hands on materials for several weeks? or in my case when I was supposed to receive my tail- the post service goes on strike? Or you end up super sick in the hospital, someone dies, and other bad stuff. I think everyone's got the best of intentions, but in the end so long as tail makers make an effort to make sure people know their tails are coming asap I think that's what's important. Offering some sort of compensation for the long wait (as many tail makers are doing right now) is nice too. It's when a tail maker takes someone's money and you see nothing for months and hear nothing about anything. That's when it's really not okay in my books. I've been happy for the few people who have run into that this year and have been able to get refunds via paypal etc. Out of all the tail makers out there right now, many of them have said very similar words: I wont let myself get behind, I wont take on too many orders, my tails wont have the issues that others have etc but it's a lot of pressure, and life happens, and keeps happening

I ordered my tail from Fish Butts the first of November and had been told I would most likely get it by Christmas BUT I'm really not in that much of a rush and I understand life can get crazy - as long as I get it in a reasonable amount of time =) Stevi is always super sweet and professional in her emails, so I can't really complain.
    Give my facebook page a like and I'll return the support!
    http://www.facebook.com/JinaDModel

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    My experience with Stevi is that you have to be really, really, really patient.
    If you have SUPER amounts of patience and understanding, good stuff happens. ^_^
    This last time i just didn't give her a deadline for a while, and then it took her a few months. I didn't fret too much about updates or anything, because she works so meticulously on the paint job that she matches your sketches almost exactly. I did begin to get a bit over-anxious just that last bit, and I couldn't figure out what was delaying her on my tail.
    Turns out, she was working on a surprise for me. ^_^
    Don't fret too much, dear.
    All that matters is that you get it before it doesn't fit anymore, right?
    No big rush, just flow with the current.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    can someone please pass on my condolonces to stevi? i cant use facebook at work and its the only internet i have until the weekend, one of my dreams is to get a fishbutt tail but i will have to wait until my trip to usa

I hear you, I ordered on the cyber sale day, and have yet been emailed back since I paid... I sent her about 4 emails. I hope she responds to them. I just want a little email even if she says "I wont be able to start working on your tail until February" I just hate being ignored. Especially when I spent that much money. That's a lot of money for a teenager to spend >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    My experience with Stevi is that you have to be really, really, really patient.
    If you have SUPER amounts of patience and understanding, good stuff happens. ^_^
    This last time i just didn't give her a deadline for a while, and then it took her a few months. I didn't fret too much about updates or anything, because she works so meticulously on the paint job that she matches your sketches almost exactly. I did begin to get a bit over-anxious just that last bit, and I couldn't figure out what was delaying her on my tail.
    Turns out, she was working on a surprise for me. ^_^
    Don't fret too much, dear.
    All that matters is that you get it before it doesn't fit anymore, right?
    No big rush, just flow with the current.
    Agreed. I’ve been waiting for 6 years, and I’m sure one day I’ll get my refund
    haha
    sorry I couldn’t resist, I recently got a tail and it reminded me of the old Mernetwork I used to visit as a teenager.