Thread: Dec 2013 meetup?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Dec 2013 meetup?

So, it's a whole year away, but... my family looks like we're planning a destination Christmas for 2013 and Hawaii is the destination! No idea yet on any of the details.... but I figured I'd start a thread 'cuz you can be darned sure I'll be searching out all you Island mers!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    we might be there in december 2013 too me and my boyfriend havent had a holiday in 9 years so we're making it a big one next yeah to the states, canada hawaii ect.

Yeah! I live on Oahu, ya'll should come swim with us! This sounds like a very doable and fun thing!
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    Well I may have to make this a yearly tradition! I'm celebrating Christmas in Oahu, Hawaii. I'll be leaving in a few days though. :-(

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    Follow Ayesha on Tumblr Visit Ayesha's Youtube Channel
    Ah! I hope this happens. I live on O'ahu during the academic year, and this will most likely be my last year there as I am graduating from my program in the spring. A meet-up in December would be so much fun! I would love to meet more island mers and anyone migrating our way!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Does that mean you're off island at the moment, Ayesha? I'm on O'ahu now. I live here too. I'll be finishing up my my degree by the end of this summer. If you're around I'd be down to meet up and swim with a fellow mer.

Add Merley on Facebook
    Also Christmas in Hawai'i is magical. It is on O'ahu anyway. They put up and awesome Christmas light display called the Honolulu City Lights. It's really pretty. There are fireworks every Friday in Waikiki too.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Our Christmas plans have changed no Hawaii this year

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    I am currently off the island. I visit the mainland every summer to volunteer at an oncology camp. I will be back at the end of August and this will be my fourth year on O'ahu. Will you be leaving after you finish your degree, or do you live on O'ahu permanently? Maybe when I return we can meet up! I am hoping to make Saturday afternoons my official weekly beach time.

Raina, I hope that you are able to have a relaxing holiday wherever you migrate too.

Add Merley on Facebook
    I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I just need to find a job that will pay me enough so I can afford to stay. Hopefully me degree will help with that. We should totally meet up when you get back though I am currently tailless due to some bullshit with mermaidsrus. :< I contacted Harmony too so we should all try to meet up sometime.

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    That is wonderful! I love the island life, but I am not sure that I could afford to stay once I graduate. I wish you the best of luck on your search for a job. I am sorry about your tail. Once you receive it, we should plan a meet up! I usually go swimming with Mermaid Linda Stephanie. I'd love to finally meet you, Mermaid Harmony, and the merman of the island! I'm currently working on a new tail that I hope to finish before returning. I haven't started packing yet, so I am not sure if my tail will be traveling with me or arriving later. Perhaps we can all find some time in common when we can all swim together!

Add Merley on Facebook
    I love the island life too, but I know the feeling of not being able to afford it. That's why I'm hoping I can make it as a mermaid and do parties and events once I get my tail. This seems like a good place to do it since there's so much tourism and I feel like big hotels would be interested in mermaids. Worse comes to worst, there's always the tanks show at Pacific Beach Hotel. Plus, my professor already said she'd definitely hire me to do her daughter's birthday party, so that's a start. Couple mermaiding with a real job and it might be possible. But, yeah I'd love to find a day we can all meet up and swim together. None of my friends ever want to come swimming with me :/

Ah Raina, such a teaser ! Would be so great to meet you one day and fellow Oahu Mers---let's connect !
    I just moved back to Oahu, I lived here for 6 yrs then left for about 4.5 yrs where I was living in Austin, TX but I always knew I'd be back...just needed to convince my boyfriend to move back with me and now we're back ! We live in Waikiki for now, would be fun to have a mermaid meet-up,
    I'm terrible at checking this forum though so PLEASE find me on facebook.com/MermaidCitrine and message me so I can like you pages too and maybe meet up

Also if any of you need a tail, I make custom spandex tails and now latex too, you can see tons of photos of all my tails on my facebook page as well,

Thanks, Aloha !

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    Waikiki Mermaid, that is a great idea. This year is perfect for it too because of The Little Mermaid coming out of the vault. A great deal of people do come to Hawai'i looking for mermaids, so I am sure you could do very well. Good luck! I still have not seen the mermaid(s) at the hotel! I will not be ready for a meet-up any time soon. My tail did not fit in my luggage on my way here, so I have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. I didn't have time to finish sewing on sequins so it will be a work in progress, but still swimmable once it gets here.

Mermaid Citrine, welcome back! We should definitely plan a meet-up!

Add Merley on Facebook
    Baw, it's okay Ayesha, I don't have my tail at the moment either. It'd still be nice to meet other mers tho and just swim about. I barely see my friends on the island anymore, they're all busy and not swimmers anyway. Have you seen Harmony's new tail? It's effing gorgeous. I can't wait to see it in person. And I haven't seen the mermaid at Pacific Shore in person either. Apparently you can only see her for a dinner show and it lasts like 10 minutes tops for a lot more money than I have to invest in a ten minute show. But I still think a general meet and swim would be nice anyway. Up to you guys.

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    I had a bit of a problem with my housing and ended up leaving quite quickly and unexpectedly from my place in town to a place in Kaneohe. I should be back in town by the end of this month or the beginning of next. Once I am settled in again I should be available to meet whether it be in tail or not. I think meeting one another and spending time together would be quite fun, and we can always plan a more distant meet-up with our tails. I have not seen Harmony's new tail yet. I could imagine that the show would be overpriced in Waikiki. That is unfortunate as it would be a neat experience.

Hey, everyone, sorry for chiming in so late. Anyhow, the mermaid show at the Pacific Beach Hotel can be seen from the stairwell for free. You don't have to pay for dinner to watch the 20 minute show. I would love to do a swim sometime and meet everyone! What is everyone's availability? I'm free most mornings. I work in the early afternoon to late night. I also have been working on a new tail (for what seems like forever!) I would love to see everyone else's tails too! :-)

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    Aloha Mermaid Linda Stephanie! That is great to hear! I have never been to the Pacific Beach Hotel. What time are the shows? Maybe I will stop by the stairwell.
    My availability at the moment is the opposite of yours, but I will not find out until December 3rd now as to whether or not I am allowed to mermaid with my knee injury. I think it would still be fintastic to have a mergathering! I look forward to seeing your new tail! Your blue tail is absolutely gorgeous! I was also working on a new one this summer. It was quite the learning experience as nearly nothing turned out as it had in my first tail. I just got my sewing kit to start sewing on sequins again, but I may wait to do so depending on when we all meet up.

I'm down for meeting up the first week of december. :-) The mermaid show is fun, I'm glad you are liking it.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony