Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas/Fort Worth area based.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar

Dallas/Fort Worth area based.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, because I think it would be good to know where everybody is. That will make it easier for us to plan future meetups, which I've heard lots of interest about and would really like to get going after I get back from the WMAs. Since there are several of us in the DFW area, we might be able to plan something local soon--hopefully while the weather's still warm (oh who am I kidding? Scramble-eggs-on-the-sidewalk hot.)

I am only 3 hours away from Dallas and go normally at least once a month depending on Party bookings I would LOVE to meet you all...in person that is!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I would love to do that!

Senior Member Pod of Texas CynthiaMermaid's Avatar
    I am just NE of Dallas! Hello all!

I'm in Carrollton (just north of Dallas) & would LOVE to get together! I don't have a pool but i do have a large areas for sewing/crafting if anyone needs help or companionship in making tails!

Okay, I thought I might at least post a picture of my backyard pool unless you guys who were close wanted to come over and give it a swim even though it is small. It goes from 3'6" to 6' at the deep end, and it is 14'x24'. Here's a pic:
    Name:  pool.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  90.2 KB
    So what do you think? Should we have a meetup at my house (I could make food) or should we look for somewhere bigger? I think there are enough of us interested to have one in this area pretty soon.

I'm pretty much directly north of Dallas.

Your pool looks really nice, Taylor, but I don't know how comfortable my parents would be of me going to someone's house that they don't personally know. But I think maybe a community pool might be too busy?

And that actually sounds rather nice, Crimson
    Mermaid Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jewel View Post
    I'm pretty much directly north of Dallas.

Your pool looks really nice, Taylor, but I don't know how comfortable my parents would be of me going to someone's house that they don't personally know. But I think maybe a community pool might be too busy?

And that actually sounds rather nice, Crimson
    I can't believe I didn't even think about that. Yes, for safety reasons it would probably be best to meet on neutral ground and contend with crowds. Anyone have any ideas?

I actually prefer a private pool for swimming rather than public but to assure safety maybe we have our first meetup somewhere public? Doesn't have to be for swimming but everyone could met all involved & go from there?

I forget that there are some young'ns (Is that how you say it in Texas? Remember I'm a Bostonian transplant) on here.

Yes, I am almost 18 but my parents would not be ok with me going over to someone's house that I have never met... Plus, I think that a public pool would be interesting because it is fun to see how people react to the tails... lol Just my opinion though. ^^

Understood which is why I suggested a public get together (non-swimming) before going to a private pool.; you could even bring your parents. Personally I would sit out the public swimming meetup as I do not like engaging the public without forewarning them; I prefer to enjoy time with friends who have similar interests rather than spending too much time answering questions & dealing with less than polite people. (Can you tell I've been out in public in costume quite a few times?)

I love the idea of a meetup just to talk. To be honest, I was worried at first that around so many people I'd never met it would be awkward and we'd have nothing to talk about, but the truth was I couldn't get enough time with my fellow mers. I think it'd be great. Where could we meet to hang out and get to know one another? And yes, your parents would be welcome to come. I applaud them for being vigilant and taking such good care of you.

You guys, I had a great idea (well *I* think it's great). Have any of y'all ever been to the Dallas World Aquarium? I have, and I love that place. It's a really amazing aquarium that also has monkeys, penguins, bats, rabbits and other animals and features a multistory rainforest. I really think everyone in the DFW area needs to see it at least once in their lives. We could all plan a trip there. The only thing that might pose a problem is the cost: it's $20.95 a person to get in. A lot for an aquarium, but the place is huge and amazing. What do you guys think? Is that too big a deal/too long to spend with people you don't know? (I don't think so.) Is the cost prohibitive? (I understand times are tough right now.) Let me know. I wanna meet you guys.

I love that aquarium, I haven't been there since I was really little! (I've been in this area my whole life).
    Mermaid Jewel

How about meeting up at Galleria Dallas and get something to eat and talk and walk around? Just so we can meet each other first. I'm gonna be super busy so I thought maybe having something that won't take a full day first
    Mermaid Jewel

Oh does anyone have preferred dates? I can't do anything Sept 17 or a few days before it
    Mermaid Jewel

I'm booked pretty much every weekend until September 24th but weeknights are doable for me.

Wow, you ladies are busy! Okay, so Galleria sounds like the best bet. Unless anyone has major complaints I'm gonna count that as a definite yes. Since I'm still substitute teaching (yippee....) my schedule is flexible. Any particular dates that work for y'all?

I probably can't do weeknights other than Friday. But I'm free Saturday/Sunday nights
    Mermaid Jewel

I LOVE the aquarium idea Taylor! I am free most of this next week and then on the weekends since I start college in a week.