Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet up this summer!!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    If it's in Dallas, I'm 99% sure I can commit to being there. I don't think it's likely I can go if it's elsewhere, though, because I'm probably going to Merpalooza, and two trips in one summer is just too expensive.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar

Re: Meet up this summer!!

Galveston and Padre is best for me. If its Dallas I can't go, but right now I might not be able to go at all due to money issues that just came up.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar

Meet up this summer!!

Either Galveston or Dallas would work for me. Preferably Dallas.

OK, the polls are closed, right? What was the result? I'm not on Facebook anymore!
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

Do we have an agreed location?
    - Loren Eisley

Re: Meet up this summer!!

Kelley said she was going to use a generator to choose the location since they are still tied. But I have not heard anything yet.

Well, I've already got that weekend earmarked for mermaiding, so whether we wind up with an event or not, I'm going somewhere to swim. Otherwise, it's too much of a let down for me to handle. I hope we get a consensus though!
    - Loren Eisley

I'm almost equidistant from dallas and Galveston....well Galveston is further by an hour or so (not counting gtraffic) but the hubby is from south Houston Galveston area so I could probably make either happen...depending on day because of work

We're only 3 weeks away from the chosen date, is there any word on a location?

If not, I was thinking about heading to the state park at Lake Somerville for the weekend. It's about midway between Houston, Austin & San Antonio. There is a campground right on the lake, and some relatively cheap hotels close by. I called the park & they said the water level is at 85% and clarity is fairly good around the Birch Creek area, so it could be a good place to swim.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/lake-somerville

If anyone hears anything from the organizers, please share!
    - Loren Eisley

I know I'm nagging, so: last one, I promise! Are we doing anything this weekend?
    - Loren Eisley

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar

Meet up this summer!!

It was decided that the location was going to be in Huntsville last I heard.
    And the date was moved again. The 17th I think?
    Last edited by Mermaid Hamant; 07-31-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Yeah, sorry about that.
    I may end up moving it back. I'm at a camp, and I had been called in for next week, which would've meant that it wasn't a weekend I could do. However, things have changed again, so it's about to be put back to this weekend.
    Also, location I'm still working on. There's this place called the blue lagoon in Huntsville, which I really want to do it at, but if there are any better suggestions I'm up for it. I want to make it as easy for everyone to get to as possible, so please, message me, talk to me on facebook, tell me what ya'll want!

Yeah, it is going to be the 10th and the 11th, and I am going to call the Blue Lagoon on Tuesday to see about having a group up there.

Anyone plan on going? It's in two days.

Cause this location?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Yeah, it is going to be the 10th and the 11th, and I am going to call the Blue Lagoon on Tuesday to see about having a group up there.
    Yeah, it's a no go.
    If someone else wants to plan or do something, please let me know, but right now, this is as good as dead.
    Last edited by Mia; 08-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.

If we can reschedule for the 24th I can reserve a spot for us there, but I'm swamped until then.
    - Loren Eisley

Contact them if you want and we'll go from there. For right now, I'm calling the attempt off. I'm frustrated, and I'm tired.

This weekend, though, I'm going to go to Galveston. I'm going to go to The Spot, on the Seawall, at 12:30. If anyone wants to come out, we'll wing it from there, and I will bring my tail in case we find a spot to swim on the island and decide to go that route.

*Edit: If anyone does show up, I'll have a squirt bottle on the table because it's Texas, summer, and 'dark hair, kind of chubby' describes a lot of women.
    Last edited by Mia; 08-10-2013 at 08:26 AM.

I wanted to go this year but plans fell though. I feel bad that this turned into a flop. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to go ahead and start planning for next year? I think that would give most of us some time to put money away for the trip(the reason I cant go this year -.- )and be able to set a date and give plenty of heads up. I dont mind being organizer but when it comes to going up to Dallas ill need help with it since I don't have much of an interest of going up that way.

Unless someone else wants to take the reigns on it im fine with it.

I want to but I'm going to have to opt out. we have a planned trip this fall/late summer and I can't skip it cause it's a family trip, but I also cant do more than one vacation this summer. but whoever goes have fun!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Okay, so currently the idea is that we do two meet-up areas, galveston and dallas, and I'd be happy to work with you, Dacora, to get a Galveston one for some time before October, if you're up for it.