Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever gone snorkeling in your tail? Like with a cruise ship excursion?

Ever gone snorkeling in your tail? Like with a cruise ship excursion?

I'm taking a cruise with my family this coming summer and very curious if I will be able to wear my tail LOL.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    While I am no help, I do hope that you enjoy your cruise! :3
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Haha thanks! I'm determined to have a new tail by then no matter how much room it takes up in the cabin and how many crazy looks I get. I can't live on a boat for a week without my tail!!

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Haha thanks! I'm determined to have a new tail by then no matter how much room it takes up in the cabin and how many crazy looks I get. I can't live on a boat for a week without my tail!!
    A new tail? Where do you plan on getting it from? Another from magictail, perhaps? Crazy looks shouldn't matter and the withdrawl from your tail is tough
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

I snorkel pry once or twice a week in my tail with coridion. :-) We just put on our tail and our snorkeling masks and go to town. It's a blast.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Oh it sure doesn't hahahaha. Fishbutts or Raven if I can pull that off.

Unless Mike decides to sell another Aquamarine tail on eBay sometime soon haha!

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh it sure doesn't hahahaha. Fishbutts or Raven if I can pull that off.

Unless Mike decides to sell another Aquamarine tail on eBay sometime soon haha!
    Good choices! Both are such wonderful tailmakers. And yes, I totally agree with Mike's aquamarine tails...so beautiful <3

Senior Member Pod of Cali Neria's Avatar
    I am going on a trip with my family to Cozumel over Spring Break. I am going to bring my tail and I plan on doing a lot of snorkeling with it :P

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    Same here but I don't know if I want to bring mine or not...

Be sure to let me know how it goes!! My mom said she thinks they just might make me wear a life vest but I mean I'm sure other people bring their own gear and that's what my tail is to me LOL.

i dont see why you couldnt. ive always wanted to, it seems like it would be so much fun. and little kids would LOVE IT.

​formerly Mermaid Brianna

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    You should be allowed, if not you could always just use a monofin.
    Tenacity.

How would the mermaid swimming motion do with snorkeling? I usually end up swimming with my whole body, so I feel like the snorkel would go in and out of the water. Haha.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Neria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halesloveswhales View Post
    How would the mermaid swimming motion do with snorkeling? I usually end up swimming with my whole body, so I feel like the snorkel would go in and out of the water. Haha.
    I actually wasn't planning on using a snorkel, I was just going to use goggles. You're right, if you used a snorkel it end up being filled with water :P

Re: Ever gone snorkeling in your tail? Like with a cruise ship excursion?

There should be no problem with you using your tail. Perhaps on the cruise ship pools, there might be issues.
    And snorkeling can totally be down while wearing a tail, or monofin
    I love it! Makes you feel more like a dolphin. I wanna get one of those front mounting snorkels, but I'm not sure about how the range of vision works with one on LOL
    Have fun in Cozumel!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    ~`*Fresh Water Mermaid*`~
    Mermaid Yvette
    Facebook § youtube § DeviantArt

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

I'm a cruise ship employee, and sadly it all depends on which company and what type of excursion. I know that they aren't allowed on Disney unless your either employed to do it as a job for them performing for guests, or if you're a fully trained scuba/freediving master and they pretty much don't have to look after you, as god forbid if you drowned that would be the end of the cruise line's rep! (Think how bad costa cruises looks after 2 ships sunk!)
    Travelling Merman

Haha yeah I work for Disney and I was literally just saying to my mom that's the one cruise I would never bring it to because I know their character policies would cause issues with it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

Aww cool where do you work? We should meet and trade war stories! Lol
    Travelling Merman

I used to work at Disneyland but just left to finish my degree in Georgia. I plan to go back after I graduate though because it was seriously the time of my life.

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ You worked at disney? wow that is amazing!