Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get adobe photoshop cs2 LEGALLY AND FOR FREE

Where was the announcement posted? I went to install and decided to check that the keys I had were the latest ones, and everything I see on their forum is that 'yes it happened, no, it's not for you'.

Would feel better about it with something from them.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Evolet's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Evolet on Facebook
    i'm so glad i found this post, i was searching for a free photoshop all day
    but now i have a problem, i really suck with install things

can somebody make a tutorial? or just write me how to install this right
    i already downloaded it but there are so many files and there is no icon on my desktop
    please i REALLY need help
    Mermaid at Heart <3

*Facebook: www.facebook.com/meerjungfrauevolet
    *Instagram: instagram.com/mermaidevolet

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    just open th efiles you downloaded they auto run, then all you have to do is use the serial numbers provided.

ok thanks but i still have no icon just more files
    Name:  photoshop.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  34.8 KB
    Mermaid at Heart <3

ok i got it to this point
    Name:  photoshop2.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  93.7 KB
    Mermaid at Heart <3

How cool!
    But I honestly have no idea what I'm doing.

There are too many things to choose from! O_O

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Looks like adobe shut it down. What it says on the page:
    '
    Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.
    I think without the activation server you can't activate the software and you'll always get that error. Sorry

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

How this forum made me feel

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

ahaha I'm so sorry. It was up for a while and worked fine for me and still works fine. Guess it was just a window of opportunity

Hehe yea, oh well, though.
    Didn't lose anything trying it out so I'm alright with it.

Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

well crap
    why does this always happen to me
    Mermaid at Heart <3

Get adobe photoshop cs2 LEGALLY AND FOR FREE

Could there be an IDevice app for these?

Quote Originally Posted by TheChimera View Post
    Could there be an IDevice app for these?
    I know iMovie is in the App Store but i dont know about any other apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Re: Get adobe photoshop cs2 LEGALLY AND FOR FREE

for those going through hassles installing this and would like a truly free, opensource, alternative there is always http://www.gimp.org/
    I feel the seawater in my veins. I listen to the roar of the sea and it speaks to me like a mothers voice. The tide pulls at my heart. - Night Tide

Gimp IS great, and is a awesome beginners tool! However, after switching to photoshop I would never go back. It blew my mind how much easier it was to do the same functions!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by draggersprez View Post
    I know iMovie is in the App Store but i dont know about any other apps.

Awesome , thanks i'll have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Gimp IS great, and is a awesome beginners tool! However, after switching to photoshop I would never go back. It blew my mind how much easier it was to do the same functions!
    Same! Even though I don't have PS I have paint tool sai and paint.net and it's so much easier to use! Paint.net is also free and you can find a lot of free plugins to add into it to do a bunch of features

Here's a good explanation of what happened

http://www.techspot.com/news/51316-a...t-mean-to.html

Bottom line: Adobe released copies of the various CS softwares that didn't need activation because they didn't want to keep running a server to activate the old versions of the software, but they got so much flak for cutting people off who wanted to stay with the old software and didn't want the new versions, they offered them a solution that would let them keep on using the old versions without costing the company more money. Without thinking, of course, that news of how to access the downloads would spread virally.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Looks like adobe shut it down. What it says on the page:

"Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."

I think without the activation server you can't activate the software and you'll always get that error. Sorry
    So in reply to what Winged Marmaid said: if you have a copy of the original software that required internet-based activation to one of Adobe's servers, you can't get that to work anymore. Adobe shut down the server.

If you have a copy of the software that doesn't need activation, that Adobe released for free download for a while in early 2013, then you just need the serial numbers that were on Adobe's download page, and you've got it better than with the new software versions- you don't even need to activate at all.

I do need to call BS on what Adobe wrote though. Between home and work I use 4 very different computers, 3 of which have Windows 7, one of which has Linux. The various Adobe CS products run fine on all of them- including the Linux computer. On my personal computers, both desktop & laptop, I found I didn't actually like Photoshop CS.

I preferred Photoshop 7. I'm not a very advanced user, and I don't actually use any of the features that are in the newer CS versions of the program, and so I deleted CS back in the day and reinstalled Photoshop 7 because it starts up faster and processes large pictures faster. I'm still using it. In fact I installed it on the Linux computer at work (using WINE) and Photoshop 7 runs under Linux just fine too.

So don't believe Adobe's marketing hype when they say their old programs won't work on newer computers.

so this is up again and works, I just installed http://anahita-thepersianmermaid.tum...ber-kyleehenke has the links and instructions