Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get adobe photoshop cs2 LEGALLY AND FOR FREE

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Get adobe photoshop cs2 LEGALLY AND FOR FREE

They're currently giving away old software from adobe!!! But it's great, free, legal, AND YOU CAN ALL HAVE PROFESSIONAL TOOLS FOR YOUR MER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS!

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

I just downloaded and installed it after researching it to hell. It's legit!

That's interesting, the page being back up (it went down almost immediately) means it might be legit. Figured when it went down, they realized the error (they just End Of Life'd the CS2 series and shut down the registration servers, so they put up permanent keys for legacy CS2 customers in case they have to re-install (in which case, their old keys wouldn't verify, because the servers were taken offline)) and pulled it.

Granted, while the page was down, direct links to the downloads still worked

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Which all did you download Raina? I've actually been looking for photo editing stuff all day
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

If you just need photo editing, get Photoshop CS2. Installing the three-part CS2 suite is a bit of a hassle, but the PDF should walk you through it alright.

General Caveats:
    * This version of Premier (according to somebody on Reddit) doesn't support MP4 files, which a lot of things put out by default
    * The Mac versions are all PowerPC, so won't run natively on Intel-based Macs.

I got CS2 and then I got Premier Pro for editing videos, and their music one adobe audition too.

Adobe made a statement apparently that it was an oversight at first but then they decided to allow it for everyone. It's old software but still, if it gets people hooked they'll want to upgrade in the future! I'm just so excited for content aware!!!

Thankyou Raina! I saw this posted on tumblr but the link they provided didn't work for me and I wasn't sure how 'legal' it was! C:

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Thanks much Raina. I downloaded Photoshop CS2 and am playing with it now. Probably going to take a while to get it figured out though
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

there are great visual tutorials all over the web and on youtube I practically cried when I saw this. LOL so happy!!! I have been so frustrated with my inability to afford anything to edit my videos with. I always use windows movie maker because it's free but it's CRAP. I feel like a whole new world just opened up to me for making my mermaid videos. I am so stoaked

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    What's the serial number?
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Im good with adobe. Message me if you want help. Might do a tinychat demo or somehing...

also raina.. i need help getting audition downloaded... I dunno which file to do

serial number is on the page with the download links... off to the right hand side... long string of numbers

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    shows how well I pay attention..
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

;D This is great, I can start learning to do so many things with this. Thanks for the info.

I didnt see it at first either.. no worries LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    * The Mac versions are all PowerPC, so won't run natively on Intel-based Macs.
    BOO! I have an intel based Mac D: Mac doesn't even support PowerPC anymore so.. wtf. *sadness*

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

dang that sucks Iona..

Chesapeake Pod
    YAY! >.>
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    WOW !!! Way cool I'll have to check this out.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Ok here is the real deal - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01..._cs2_download/

“You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.)

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!”
    so says Adobe employee Dov Isaacs in this post

that's what they originally said, but the followed up with an announcement saying because of the oversight they're now allowing it.

I already did it. It works. I downloaded all my stuff, serial numbers worked, registered for everything, and I didn't previously own anything. Tested it all, it all works!