Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Jesse?

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    He is doing metallics on my tail because I asked him to. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result. Its is looking good so far.
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Siren View Post
    He is doing metallics on my tail because I asked him to. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result. Its is looking good so far.
    But isn't it impossible or at least really hard to make metallic colors the way he makes his pigment? (Layer upon layer of silicone) The way I imagine it, the metallic won't be that metallic at all, or at least maybe just some glitter. Has anyone seen a metallic tail by him?

Also, I'm just wondering, if he's using silicone, why does he say he has a limited amount of colors he can use on his website? (White, black yellow, brown, flesh,green, red, blue, and blood) From the different threads here with mers making their own silicone tails, It's pretty obvious that there are other colors that can be used than just those ones, especially with powdered pigments that can be added to the silicone. Is his color choices limited because he doesn't airbrush on his colors like other tailmakers?
    Last edited by Mermaid Momo; 03-06-2015 at 02:10 PM.

He has pigmented my tail but now is using the pigmented silicone to paint it. It is the way mermaid Jessica does her tails and I have asked him to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Also, I'm just wondering, if he's using silicone, why does he say he has a limited amount of colors he can use on his website? (White, black yellow, brown, flesh,green, red, blue, and blood)
    Thats the color set that silc pig has. Its cheaper to buy their sampler with a small container of each then to buy each color individually. Money seems to be an issue with him.

Ive seen one of his tails in person and did a fair amount of touching. There is no need for thick sheets to get the colors right. I can make those colors work in things only millimeters thick. The thicker the layer the more the color clouds and gets dull. Same with metallic pigments. When you pull it it seems to stretch and lose its luster, but its still sparkly. Color can also depend on what part you mix the color with. I mistakenly added color to part b before mixing and found my red was more pink then using the same color but mixing with part a. It cured just fine both ways but the color was very different.

I just cant get over how thick his stuff is. Its very hard to help Matt get into his tail! I get hand cramps!
    If you can't stand upon the water I will meet you on the ocean floor

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    ^ this. all of it.

The day has finally come, exactly one year after I ordered from Jesse, I have been refunded in full as of today. This has been one hell of a roller coaster and it makes me incredibly upset that although it is finally over for me, for many people who have ordered from Jesse it is still an ongoing problem.

My Mernation journey has begun and it is -definitely- smooth sailing from here.

Good luck merkitty. So glad you got all your money back and are done with this.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Maybe he's just not very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Good luck merkitty. So glad you got all your money back and are done with this.
    Thank you Raina I am looking forward to getting my tail and meeting you someday at a Canadian mer meetup

Wow. All of this stuff about Jesse angers and saddens me at the same time. When I purchased a tail from him almost 3 years ago, I had a nice experience. I sent him $1,000, and he sent me my tail 6 weeks later. The thing is, it wasn't the best. As an artist myself, I was super nit-picky about the small details that I did not approve of.

Then, I see all of this about him all these years later. The whole with dear Christian, a similar case with Merman David...it was sad to see that he has been giving out an even worse piece of crap, no improvement at all.

THEN, I come across a Facebook post on a tail-maker's page of my sketch of a fluke, and someone else took the credit for it. That same sketch was sent electronically to ONE person ever: Jesse.

Such a bummer and a horrible way to live life...

Also, I have the lovely Raina to thank for all of the interaction in this mer-community! Keeping us all together, girl!

Merman David? I don't think I've seen anything from him here before or maybe I missed his review?

Didn't Jesse put that giant pink dot on your tail without asking you?

So after 13 months of stress. I am not getting my tail from Jesse. I am feeling a little numb right now.

whoa whoa hold up. what's happening????

Raina I'll pm you on Fb

I want to barf I feel so bad for you I am so sorry. He needs to just get a line of credit and refund everyone.

On a happy note. My tail from Mermaid Jessica is being started TODAY! it is gonna be so awesome!

I'm sorry, what's this about the giant pink dot? I believe I heard about it a year or two ago but never got the full story.

And I feel so sorry for the mers who have been having so much trouble with Jesse. It's so sad to see another good tailmaker go down in pieces again...
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

I'm sorry, what's this about the giant pink dot? I believe I heard about it a year or two ago but never got the full story.
    He added a giant pink dot on the fluke without asking her. It wasnt her design. She made it work though

Oh yeah.. I never understood the purpose of that giant dot when I discovered that tail. WAY too distracting to me