Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: What happened to Jesse?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'm sorry, what's this about the giant pink dot? I believe I heard about it a year or two ago but never got the full story.
    He added a giant pink dot on the fluke without asking her. It wasnt her design. She made it work though

Oh yeah.. I never understood the purpose of that giant dot when I discovered that tail. WAY too distracting to me

my guess is it's covering a mistake. He either dropped the pink there and had to improvise or something else.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    my guess is it's covering a mistake. He either dropped the pink there and had to improvise or something else.
    I agree. Jesse was one of the first tail-makers I happened to hear about when i first started into mermaiding (happened to see his test swim videos on Youtube) and its very sad to see him do things like this, but I think that was the only thing he could think of to fix whatever problem he created. Very sad to see his company going so downhill
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    Will be even sadder if he doesn't start paying me back and I have to call the cops on him. He's already a day late and not replied to me!
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

ugggh see there is such a fine balance between giving a tail maker a chance and not over doing it with the online concerns, and then having that totally taken advantage of when you try to do that. It's so hard to know when you should give someone a chance and when we should speak up. I feel like if we all said something earlier maybe some people could of avoided this... but how were any of us to know I guess.

Sorry Shelley

Situations like these are always really hard to predict. If more people had spoken out sooner, it's possible things could have been resolved faster... Or he could have just panicked and disappeared with everyone's money like so many other tailmakers before. I'm really, really sorry for everyone who's been caught up in all of this. This is such a mess, omg. Even Jesse's whiteknights aren't trying to defend him anymore, and that says a lot.
    Last edited by Starfrit; 05-01-2015 at 09:45 AM. Reason: oops how I grammar

^ not that is particularly matters in the grand scheme of things, but I thought it was worth a tiny derailment. FinFolk did not donate tails to the renfaire.
    They were either bought at full price or with a rush fee. Not exactly sure which, but definitely not donated.

(My knowledge comes from being one of the mers that work said faire)
    Last edited by Aysun_the_Mermaid; 05-01-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Yeah they did sell them I remember. But everything else is spot on. Raven and Tyler both did loads of spfx online research and training and met with smoothon. Tyler actually posted on the forum about it a year or so ago when someone flipped out thinking merbellas should disclose their methods! Lol

I hear what your saying Seavanna. However, quality issue with product is a different story than integrity issues. You touched on both in your post. I personally don't have a problem with someone who is 'starting out' making tails and selling their experimental tails as long as everyone involved knows dang sure that it's a trail type effort or prototype. I have a BIG problem with someone dishing out sloppy work that doesn't meet their current skill level. AND, and even BIGGER problem with crafters taking money, spending it on recreation/personal expenses and then never delivering product at all. So, I wholeheartedly agree that the money should have never been spent so that it could be refunded quickly. I do understand that there is product cost but for the potential amount of $ that Jesse took in, versus how much he owes out to people...he enjoyed my money. That isn't fair. It's illegal actually.

Hello All,

I paid Jesse Caldwell $2,400 for a deluxe silicone tail May 20, 2013. I have not received a tail, but my hard earned cash is gone. Though he has promised several times to produce the tail it has not happened. On one occasion I let it slide because he claimed he was grieving his grandmothers passing. Lo and behold the next day he was posting pics on social media with an ear to ear smile as he rode roller coasters at an amusement park. He should have been working all weekend to produce our tails. I am all in for a lawsuit. I have been extremely patient with this man. I'm guessing there are several, if not many others in our situation. My tail alone adds up to grand larceny.

Sounds like black listing time

If he hasn't been black listed yet...it's LATE !!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He has been. Lol

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk